Author Topic: ORL trade idea  (Read 2782 times)

ORL trade idea
« on: June 17, 2009, 02:16:03 AM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
BOS gives: Ray Allen

ORL gives: Turk (S&T), Rafer

not saying I would do it, just for discussion purposes....

Re: ORL trade idea
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 02:33:01 AM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
I like it for us.  Turkoglu would be a good replacement for Ray, assuming his contract is reasonable.  Rafer, even though I don't like him, would be a very good backup PG or possibly a trading chip - or, if we chose to go in that direction, it would allow us to shop Rondo.  Rafer isn't the player Rondo is now and he's not half the player Rondo could be, but he's a legit starting point guard in this league. 

I'm not sure I'd be willing to help Orlando that much, though.  There's no guarantee that Turk is coming back to them, and they'll need to move Rafer to give Jameer his starting role back.  Ray would be perfect for that system, though, and he has experience playing with Rashard.  Ray on that team would be downright scary. 

I'd say no.  I like what it does for us, but I think we're making our competition too good in the process. 

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 02:35:38 AM »

Offline Toine43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 219
  • "Spare change?"
Basically that would mean trading Ray for a poor man's Paul Pierce who just signed a huge contract (I'm assuming) and a streaky backup point guard. I don't want to commit long term to Hedo, I don't want two Paul Pierce's on one team, and I'm not a Rafer fan. But other than that I like it...

Eddie House - for THREEEEEEE!

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 02:37:54 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Why would Orlando make this trade?

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 03:11:53 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Awful, just plain awful.

You really want Orlando to have Ray Allen?  Really?  Like they need more clutch outside shooting?  I like Hedo but this doesn't make sense. 

Not to mention this would never happen between major contenders in the same conference....
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 05:19:55 AM »

Offline federico

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
I don't like very much hedo and alston, and especially turkoglu don't fit so well in our system, because he is more a small-forward than a shooting-guard.
He will also have a big contract for multiple years, and that will made him
un-tradable if he will not work well with us.

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2009, 07:11:54 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Why would Orlando make this trade?

I can see them doing it if they think they have no shot at resiging turk....Though they would want something else beyond a expiring deal to even consider this.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion