Author Topic: Trade with Memphis that might work (involving BBD)  (Read 1555 times)

Trade with Memphis that might work (involving BBD)
« on: June 16, 2009, 08:15:15 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
What is Memphis missing is a PF. They have all the pieces just not a PF. Behind Blake Griffin there is a big dropoff.

Bos sends: BBD (Sign & Trade), TA (Expiring Contract),
           And 1st round this year (Bought) or 2010 1st round

Bos receives: 2009 (2nd overall pick), and Darko Milicic

Memphis 2009/2010 lineup:

Conley/Jaric
Mayo/TA/Buckner
Gay/Warrick
BBD/Arthur
Gasol/BBD/(Draft pick)

Plus a 1st rounder either 2009 or 2010 & money to sign Free Agents.

Celtics 2009/2010 lineup:

Rondo/House/(?)
Harden(?)/Ray/Giddens
Pierce/Barnes(?)/Walker
KG/Dice(?)/Scal
Perk/Darko

Ray becomes our 6th man with majority (30+) minutes. Darko is an excellent defender & serviceable center. Dice & KG split minutes. Barnes relieves Pierce. The only missing piece would be a true reserve Point Guard. Maybe we can get one through Free Agency.

What do you think?

Re: Trade with Memphis that might work (involving BBD)
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 08:27:06 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
Sign and trade-ees can't be combined with other players.

Edit 1: Also, we can't sign and then trade Davis on draft night. Have to wait until July.

Edit 2: Onneeee more thing... I believe Memphis is below the cap. I mean really, really below the cap. They could just sign Davis, without giving up the pick.

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 08:29:38 PM »

Offline SCBirdman

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 31
Ray is not going to the bench for a rookie. I also don't see the motivation for Memphis to do this deal. It is VERY lopsided for the Celtics. I would do it in a minute, but Doc is NOT starting a rookie over an NBA All-Star and future HOFer.

I am still intrigued with Darko and think he could be a great fit in Boston, as he can play 4 and 5 offensively. The No. 2 pick in this deal would be an amazing coupe.

I would forgive Chris Wallace for giving the Lakers Gasol if he does this deal with the C's. LOL

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 08:32:03 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Sign and trade-ees can't be combined with other players.

Also, we can't sign and then trade Davis on draft night. Have to wait until July.

Sorry, I kinda jumped ship. I thought I had a good proposal. Its getting even harder to acquire that pick without giving up a starter.