Author Topic: BOS,MEM,PHO,NO trade..(works)  (Read 4727 times)

Re: BOS,MEM,PHO,NO trade..(works)
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2009, 06:47:18 PM »

Offline greg_kite

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
Just from the Celtics' perspective I don't like it.  Chandler is the only player worth changing up the team for, and considering the trade with the Thunder that almost went through last year, I think the C's could get him by just trading expiring contracts.  Danny didn't want to pay Posey for the extra year last year, and probably won't want to now either.  Barbosa is a down grade from Ray.  And while I'd love to get Thabeet with that draft pick, I'd rather see them get a guy that can help win a title now, not be a main piece of the post Big Three rebuilding era.  Perk is already pretty much what Thabeet is going to be.

You could probably get Chandler for Scal, Eddie and Tony's expiring contracts plus a few million bucks.  Then you really only have to worry about a backup swing man through free agency and have Eddie move back to the backup point guard, which he was actually pretty good at.

I like the effort though.  But I think there is a more simple solution.  This team probably would have won the title with a healthy KG, no need to turn it all upside down.