Author Topic: BOS,MEM,PHO,NO trade..(works)  (Read 4707 times)

BOS,MEM,PHO,NO trade..(works)
« on: June 16, 2009, 03:49:57 AM »

Offline EatSleepBreatheGreen

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 106
  • Men lie, women lie, numbers don't!
Okay, so here goes...

BOS outgoing: BBD(sign+trade), Ray Allen, Perk, Scal, and Tony

BOS incoming: #2 pick via MEM, Tyson Chandler, Posey, Barbosa

MEM outgoing: #2 pick, 2nd rd.#6 pick, Gay, Jaric, Milicic, Buckner, D. Arthur

MEM incoming: #14 via PHO, David West, BBD, R. Butler, Stojakovic

PHO outgoing: #14 pick, Amare, Barbosa

PHO incoming: #21 via NO, Ray Allen, Gay, Scal, D. Arthur

NO outgoing: #21 pick, Chandler, West,Stojakovic, Posey, Butler

NO incoming: 2nd rd.#6 pick via MEM, Amare, Perkins, Tony, Milicic, Jaric, Buckner

Outlook:

BOS:
PG: Rondo, #2(Rubio?), Marbury?

SG: Barbosa, #2(Harden, Evans?), Giddens

SF: Pierce, Posey, Walker

PF: KG, FA (Sheed, Dice, etc.), Posey

C: Chandler, #2(Thabeet? i hope), FA (?)

MEM:
PG:Conley, #14 (Holiday, Jennings, Lawson?), Wilks

SG: Mayo, Butler, Buckner

SF: Stojakovic, #14 (T. Williams, Daye, Derozen?), FA

PF: West, BBD, filler

C: Gasol, #14 (Mullens, Hansbrough?), Mihm

PHO:
PG: Nash, Dragic, #21 (Lawson, Teague, Collison?)

SG: J.Rich, R.Allen,

SF: Gay, Barnes?, #21 (T.Williams, Sam Young?)

PF: D. Arthur, Amundson, #21 (Hansbrough?), FA?

C: Shaq, Lopez, ?

NO:
PG:Paul, Daniels,

SG: Peterson, Tony, FA?,

SF: Wright, Jaric, Buckner,

PF: Amare, 2nd rd pick?, FA?, Armstrong?

C: Perkins, Armstrong

Why for Boston. Keep Rondo. Fastest backcourt in NBA! Barbosa can also shoot the 3. Posey's back. A #2 pick that we can instantly use to secure a backup at the positions of need the 1, 2, or 5. A taller Defensive center, room for FAs,

Why for Memphis. They get an allstar in West, still keep decent pick, an up and comer in BBD, and Stojakovic to spread the floor for Mayo. Not to mention they get rid of Gay, who cant play with Mayo at the same time.

Why for Phoenix. They unload malcontent Amare, and Barbosa who they dont need. They get sharpshooter Ray Allen, who will stay fresh because of J.Rich. Starter Rudy Gay, resign Barnes, get expirings that they can flip by deadline, and move down slightly in the draft.

Why for NO. They are the most desperate to cut costs right now out of the bunch. They do it to unload Chandler, Posey, and Stojakovic. They get Amare, Perkins, expirings out of the deal. Memphis' 2nd round pick helps them round out the squad.

So there you have it. In my opinion each team improves overall, but in different areas. Have at it. Dissect it, digest it, and regugitate some different scenarios.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 10:31:47 AM by EatSleepBreatheGreen »

Re: BOS,MEM,PHO,NO trade..(works)
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 04:36:42 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Chandler injury issues.  That's my issue with this (at first glance).
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 10:24:43 AM »

• Jrue Holiday
True, Chandler does have health issues, but doesnt Perk also? Perk has definitely been more durable so far. However, didnt he finally get an MRI or actual surgery? If so, might Danny know something that no one else does regarding the status of Perks shoulder? So I dont know, I think this is the only trade in which I would approve breaking up the starting 5.

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 10:46:07 AM »

Offline CelticWes34

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 20
I don't know if I like it or not. TP, however, for all the hard work. As much as I like Chandler I really don't want to break up our starting five. Sure, Danny needs to think towards the future and acquiring the number 2 pick would be nice but is it really worth it at the expense of losing Perk and Ray? I am not too sure about that.

I guess I am hoping that Paul has went to Wyc and said, "Hey, I am opting out of my deal next season because I believe in the Celtics tradition and I am coming back cheap" with Ray saying, "yeah, me too! now you have more money to get us help on the bench" with a large number of man hugs following.

However, not in a million years do I see this occurring.  :-\
Carl: And, technically, he's supposed to be spayed, and uh, he ain't that. I know that first hand. Go ahead, ask me how I know. Go ahead. Ask me. Ask me how I know.

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 10:53:21 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Lotta work went into this. I don't buy it though.

1) Memphis gives up Rudy Gay and the #2 pick for David West, a guy who may be a product of a system, Peja, who is always injured, and who hasn't added 20 pts per game since 2005, and BBD, who ia undersized, and no way a proven commodity. They also get the 14th pick, but at that point its already a fail for them.

2) The sign and trade with BBD doesn't make the money work.

3) You rely a lot on optimism here, so much that its not really a rational plan. Who do we pick with the 2nd overall? If we pick one guy, who fills the other holes?

I commend you for the effort, but I don't think its realistic.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2009, 10:59:57 AM »

• Jrue Holiday
Yea, like I said, alot of things have to fall in place for this to happen. And yes, it was alot of work, lol. I was very bored last night, because I refuse to watch SportsCenter until they're done celebrating the Lakers.

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2009, 11:03:42 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Yea, like I said, alot of things have to fall in place for this to happen. And yes, it was alot of work, lol. I was very bored last night, because I refuse to watch SportsCenter until they're done celebrating the Lakers.

Me too. I don't listen to Mike and Mike, I don't look at truehoop, or ball don't lie, I don't watch sportscenter, and I spend a lot of time on the river smoking cigars.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2009, 11:05:54 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
That is the single best proposal I have seen in a long time and it deserves a pulitzer if the money works. It would have taken me weeks to come up with that.

I like it.

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2009, 04:19:42 PM »

• Jrue Holiday
I refuse to watch SportsCenter until they're done celebrating the Lakers.

Me too. I don't listen to Mike and Mike, I don't look at truehoop, or ball don't lie, I don't watch sportscenter, and I spend a lot of time on the river smoking cigars.

That sounds great.

That is the single best proposal I have seen in a long time and it deserves a pulitzer if the money works. It would have taken me weeks to come up with that.

I like it.

lol thanks. it does work, the exception is that i had to sweeten the deal for memphis and did a sign and trade with BBD since you cant use him in the trade checkers. Plus the deal i would give him is a 4 year deal starting at 4.5 mill. The rest of my proposal works on the Trade Checker and Trade Machine.

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2009, 05:07:42 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
I don't like this deal for Memphis.

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2009, 08:34:04 PM »

• Jrue Holiday
I don't like this deal for Memphis.

I can easily say, "yea but they have Wallace as the GM", but I wont. lol

They get rid of Gay who is pretty good but not an allstar, and they get an allstar PF in West, and a solid PF/C backup in BBD. Yea they end up with Stojakovic, but he is probably better for them then Gay was(cuz Gay cant shoot), and they have Butler if they want him to start instead. They still end up with a decent pick, and not to mention they can trade some people to fill out the Bench, or get FAs. I think all in all EVERY team gets better, but thats my opinion.

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2009, 04:54:33 PM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102

I like it.

Yeah. Seconded.

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2009, 05:19:02 PM »

Offline Gomesfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 102
Like the idea, but do you realize how hard it would be to do a 4 way trade, let alone a two or three way trade?
L.A. Clippers
Derrick Rose Blake Griffin 4.11 5.3 5.15 6.11 7.15 8.11 9.15 10.11 11.15 12.11 13.15

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2009, 06:28:58 PM »

• Jrue Holiday
Like the idea, but do you realize how hard it would be to do a 4 way trade, let alone a two or three way trade?

ofcourse I do.

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2009, 06:43:44 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Great work put into this.  TP.  I came up with a scaled down version of this trade minus PHX being involved.  I'm going to start a new thread with it.  BTW I'm pretty sure you can't do any sign and trade deals until after the draft which means you can't put BBD into these trade ideas.