Author Topic: Boston - Detroit  (Read 2252 times)

Boston - Detroit
« on: June 15, 2009, 08:56:37 AM »

Offline federico

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade.php?tradeid=5113450

I read on RealGM that Detroit is trying to shop HAmilton, that means that they are in a rebuilding mode, so here comes the trade:
Boston trade: Ray Allen, Tony Allen & Pruitt
Detroit trade: Hamilton & Prince
For Boston: i think that i have nothing to tell, cause we are a post player away from being perfect, and with the MLE & LLE it would not be a problem.
For Detroit: they unload two heavy contracts having in return a great player for one season, or an half if they trade Ray before the trade deadline, and then they can after the big free agents of summer 2010.

What do you think?

Re: Boston - Detroit
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 09:15:48 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I like the idea of bringing in Tayshaun with Rip. I have not been crazy about the Ray for Rip deals, since I think Ray is definitely better, but Tayshaun adds a dynamic that we could DEFINITELY use...I would almost rather have him than Rip.

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 09:17:58 AM »

Offline bobdelt

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 26
I hate the Pisons, and everyone who has ever played for the Pistons. So naturally, I hate this trade. I also dont like it.

I'd ray keep Ray than do this. I see this as kind of a sideways move. If we do trade Ray, I would like it to be someone a little younger, someone with the potential to be a future superstar.

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 09:57:21 AM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
This team would be almost miles away from any team if we got Rip and Prince Rip and Tayshaun are guys that have gone to the ECF idk how many times been in the Championship twice and those two were huge reasons why they got there, if we could do this i would go nuts!

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2009, 10:50:05 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
This team would be almost miles away from any team if we got Rip and Prince Rip and Tayshaun are guys that have gone to the ECF idk how many times been in the Championship twice and those two were huge reasons why they got there, if we could do this i would go nuts!
I don't see Detroit pulling the trigger on this. They already have a ton of cap room this year. Gutting the team for a second season in a row to rebuild would go against their GM's stated intentions and doesn't make sense given their other moves.

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2009, 10:52:56 AM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
WOOT WOOT!!! This would be an AWWWWESOME trade, BUT, the only way this trade happens is if Dumars finally sees he won't repeat with their big 3 alone, and is ready for a salary dump. Otherwise, this trade never happens
Can't stop, Rondo!

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2009, 11:09:14 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Think the reason that Dumars might be looking to trade Hamilton is to make room for Ben Gordan. If that's the case, I don't see Dumars wanting to give up Prince and Hamilton just so that he can get another SG in Ray Allen. My guess is if Rip is being traded it is because Gordon is signing and because they need to get a center.