Author Topic: Trade Pierce instead of Sugar Ray  (Read 17312 times)

Re: Trade Pierce instead of Sugar Ray
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2009, 08:08:04 PM »

Offline timepiece33

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 78
Well you ask me a question then i answer it and u go off on another topic.  I proved how PIerce has been a crybaby and selfish

Not this crap again.

« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2009, 08:09:45 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
How 'bout this scenario?

Trade none of our starters, add a vet big man and a vet swingman, and win Banner #18 next year. 

« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2009, 08:10:13 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
How 'bout this scenario?

Trade none of our starters, add a vet big man and a vet swingman, and win Banner #18 next year. 

BOOOOOOOOOORING!  ;)

« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2009, 08:10:23 PM »

Offline ToppersBsktball10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 27
  • Smooth As Silk.
You're probably some bandwagon because if you like green you have to like Pierce seeing as you're trashing him like hell

« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2009, 08:20:09 PM »

Offline krish

• Open Roster Spot
  • Tommy Points: 0
I like all starters. Between Ray and Paul, I like Ray better.

« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2009, 09:04:31 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
How 'bout this scenario?

Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner (with a halfway decent backup pg thrown in for good measure).

« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2009, 09:24:17 PM »

Offline QuinielaBox

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 139
I can't believe I spent 45 minutes of my time reading this thread. Color me depressed.
Wins are few, times are hard. Here is your bleeping St Patricks Day Card.

« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2009, 09:51:54 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Is it just me or does AnythingisPossible seem to have the exact same opinion on Paul Pierce as a former regular on the site named stanthompsonismyhero. That guy did everything he could to run Pierce's name into the ground on this blog.

AnythingisPossible, while I don't necessarily disagree that trading any of the Big Three at this time is not the thing to do, I do disagree that trading Paul would be better.

First off, given the economic conditions througout the league and with several teams in bad financial state(Memphis, Phoenix, Charlotte, Sacramento, New Orleans, etc) Ray's contract will be easier to trade than Pierce's. Second, given the fact there are teams looking to shed salary to get involved in the 2010 free agent bonanza(Chicago, New York, New Jersey, Detroit) this only furthers the size of the market that could be just dying to trade for a $20 million expiring contract come the trading deadline.

Pierce is a horse and very valuable. He will command a lot on the open market. But just how many teams out there are looking for a top 2 SF in the league that will push them over the top for a championship and give the Celtics back a "stud SF and stud bench player". The market isn't out there. When people are thirsty and you have water to sell, a lot of people will look to buy that water and you will max out its value. When people are thirsty and all you have is cereal, you aren't going to sell a lot of cereal to those people.

As for everything you said regarding Pierce, none of it was fact and almost all of it was opinion. Pierce is a crybaby is an opinion. Ray is a better player than Pierce is an opinion. Pierce is a whiner is an opinion.

As for the numbers that you threw out there, yes Ray has some good shooting percentages, but Pierce scores more, rebounds more, gets more assists, blocks more shots and makes more steals than Ray. He is also a more versatile player than Ray is and guards his position better than Ray guards his position. Pierce also had a higher PER than Ray.

Listen, I'm all for trading any one player on the Celtics as long as it makes the team better as a whole, but right now, if a Big Three guy is going to be traded, it's going to be Ray for economic reasons and a myriad of others that have been listed and discussed here.

« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2009, 11:18:00 PM »

Offline AnythingIsPossible

• Jordan Walsh
You're probably some bandwagon because if you like green you have to like Pierce seeing as you're trashing him like hell

Actually i've been a celtics fan since the days of John Bagley, Xavier Mcdnaniel, Kevin Gamble, let's  not forget Chris Corciani!!

« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2009, 11:18:31 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2009, 11:20:27 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I can't believe I spent 45 minutes of my time reading this thread. Color me depressed.

TP for you; you spared me from reading any more than the last 3 posts....
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2009, 11:23:32 PM »

• Jordan Walsh
Listen i know Pierce was a big part of our success last year, but Ray is more valuable to this team in my opinion.  That's not to say i want to trade pierce, but if we improve the team then of course it's a no brainer. And just because i brought up facts about Pierce being selfish in the past, doesn't mean i'm not a celtics fan.  Most celtics fans here seem to ignore this fact about Pierce for some reason. It is what it is tho, not gona change those people even with the truth.

« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2009, 11:47:17 PM »

Offline ToppersBsktball10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 27
  • Smooth As Silk.

Actually i've been a celtics fan since the days of John Bagley, Xavier Mcdnaniel, Kevin Gamble, let's  not forget Chris Corciani!!
*coughbandwagoncough*

« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2009, 12:02:17 AM »

Offline bknova

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 73
You guys need to get the Pierce's shape thing out of your head.  This isn't Bison Dele we're talking about.  Ever heard of something called genetics?!  Really?

He's never gonna look like Ray or Kobe. But three years ago there was a training camp article where the team was running suicide drills.  Pierce was so far ahead of the entire team (including Delonte, a healthy TA, Gerald Green, Jefferson, and Gomes) that he ran the last set backwards and still beat the crap out of the rest of the team.

Get over this nonsense.  The guy makes a living driving the lane, he has to have a strong body to absorb all that contact.  And he's gonna wear down, cause that beating can only be taken so much.  Just cause the guy isn't ripped like an action star, does not mean that he isn't good shape.

« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2009, 12:09:52 AM »

• Jordan Walsh

*coughbandwagoncough*

Ya so anyone who brings up Pierce being selfish before is a bandwagon? Ya good logic lol