Author Topic: Trade Pierce instead of Sugar Ray  (Read 17328 times)

Re: Trade Pierce instead of Sugar Ray
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2009, 04:36:21 PM »

Offline AnythingIsPossible

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 0
Well you ask me a question then i answer it and u go off on another topic.  I proved how PIerce has been a crybaby and selfish

« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2009, 04:37:09 PM »

• Jordan Walsh
Do u think that Bird, Magic, Jordan, KG would ever give that self indulging Oscar speech after the celtics recieved their Rings on banner night?  Cmon now.

Does that matter? 

What matters is that Pierce could make that speech.  You know, by being the Finals MVP.

You obviously have Pierce's mentality. We should trade you along with him :)

« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2009, 04:38:26 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870
If we have KG and PP, we can build a champ team around that.  KG and RA, doesn't get us nearly as far.  We can trade RA and still be a title contender.  If you trade PP, it is over. KG may as well retire.

« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2009, 04:38:44 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Well you ask me a question then i answer it and u go off on another topic.  I proved how PIerce has been a crybaby and selfish

No.

You proved you are not a fan of Pierce and are looking for things to knock him on.

Pierce asked the Celtics to get him talent that can win.  Thank you.

Pierce shares with two other stars.

Celtics win a title.  

I am missing the crybaby and selfish parts.

« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2009, 04:39:31 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
Why is noone talkin about this?  They are about the same age, Ray is actually in better shape then paul, and keeps his body in better shape.  He's a better team player, aka Pierce's Oscar speech last opening day and his constant whining too the media before KG got here.  Ray compliments the offense better with KG here, he's the best outside shooter in the game still.  Trading Pierce before his 2 year max deal ends up and getting a young SF in his prime as well as a stud backup makes sense to improve this team. THen we can sign Ray to a good extension, somewhere in the 10 mill range, for a few more years.   

I hate to be the one to say this, but Pierce is way overrated on this board. Everyone talks about how Ray Allen has lost it because of his playoff performance. But here's a news flash: "As bad as Ray was", Pierce was even worse. I also have to agree that Ray keeps himself in better shape and is by far the more efficient offensive player. Moreover, Pierce's defense has become widely overrated for some reason (the guy gets a block on Kobe in the finals and now he's the second coming of Bill Russell). I don't buy it. I don't think I've ever watched a game where Paul Pierce didn't turn the ball over and refuse to get back on D. Yeah, that sounds like an All-NBA Second Team caliber player. Yes, I appreciate what Pierce has brought to the Celtics, after all, he has played his entire career here. But what I'm saying is this: People here are underestimating how good Ray is and overestimating how good Pierce is. Trading Pierce is a nice option to explore if the return will be fruitful.

« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2009, 04:43:36 PM »

• Jordan Walsh

No.

You proved you are not a fan of Pierce and are looking for things to knock him on.

Celtics win a title.  

Actually all i did was provide facts about Pierce, and you seem to not realize this

« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2009, 05:07:23 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
i work with a guy who also hates pierce. the first words out of his mouth were not "yes we won, yahoo etc. etc." instead it was "ray should have been mvp."
 all i could think was that must suck not being able to enjoy the title as much as others.
  hey i love all the big 3. i'd also trade anyone to make the celtics better. while i do think it's possible ray has a longer career ( as a sixth man or shooter off the bench) paul pierce is a waaay better player right now. he's much more valuable.

« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2009, 05:09:30 PM »

• Jordan Walsh
cornbread the stats actually beg to differ.  Also the intangables

« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2009, 05:16:10 PM »

• Jordan Walsh
there was an effeciency stat as well which i seem to forget what it was called, and Ray was number one among guards at one point. 

« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2009, 05:46:48 PM »

Offline vagrantwade

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
PP is THE TRUTH.

If you disagree, then you should find a new basketball team to follow. Because he is here to stay.

« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2009, 05:47:24 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be

No.

Celtics win a title.  

Actually all i did was provide facts about Pierce, and you seem to not realize this

First of all, you pointed out something about Pierce that happened 4 years ago.  As Wdleehi pointed out, all Pierce was wanted was a competitive team going with a committment on winning or he wanted to be traded.  My point is that it was 4 years ago....  Who cares. That, no way, illustrates where Pierce is at NOW.  

Secondly, its your opinion that Pierce acted selfish with his speech.  Fine, that's your opinion.  However, it didn't cause any internal strife on the Celtics and I didn't see even one of his teammates come out and complain about it in the media.  The team won 60+ games again this year so it was a non-issue as far as I'm concerned.  

You're making it sound like this guy's a team cancer and that his game has left him.  Neither is true.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2009, 05:58:04 PM »

Offline jv2764

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 27
Simply put Paul Pierce has the best scorer on Celtics history (ask Tommy).  Not best player and not best shooter and not most clutch but best scoroer in Celtics history.  That my friend does indeed make him more valauble than Ray Allen! Enough said and case closed.

« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2009, 06:09:54 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545

Anyone?

Hey, I`m open for a discussion... 8)
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2009, 07:07:05 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386

Anyone?

Hey, I`m open for a discussion... 8)

Your first post in this thread was right on the money.  Thanks for the accurate, well-balanced analyisis.

« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2009, 07:53:09 PM »

Offline ToppersBsktball10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 27
  • Smooth As Silk.
Ray actually had a better offensive year then Pierce. He was top 5 among all guards in FG%, second in the league in FT%, and is one of the clutchest guys ever.  Last year in the Finals he actually posted better numbers then pierce, but didn't get the award cause he wasn't pulled out on a wheelchair!  Not to mention Ray has never been a clubhouse cancer in his career.  
Pierce is clutch too, he gets to the line more than Ray. Can create his own offense. Better defense. He's never been a cancer. Pierce had a better Finals nonetheless. Plus Pierce was consistent all playoffs and without him we wouldn't have gotten past LeBron. Oh and he's played his whole hall of fame career here...