Author Topic: ESPN Radio Rumor: Rondo/Allen for Chris Paul  (Read 23560 times)

Re: ESPN Radio Rumor: Rondo/Allen for Chris Paul
« Reply #75 on: June 15, 2009, 08:33:13 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Please don't talk about the Gasol trade- especially today when the world is bowing at Kobe and Phil's feet. I keep throwing up in my mouth.

This thread sure has grown quickly...for speculation...I guess, if you are listening Danny, please get on the phone and get this to happen. New Orleans would be getting MUCH more than Memphis did for Gasol.

On a similar note, I hate when people compare the Garnett and Gasol deals. We actually gave up a legit, young, talented big man. The Lakers gave up a guy that was barely drafted and a carton of eggs.

« Reply #76 on: June 15, 2009, 08:51:59 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
If the goal is to get out of contracts, this might be a concept that works

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ne36v5

To Boston: Chris Paul, Peja Stojakovic, and James Posey
To New Orleans: Rajon Rondo, Ray Allen, Tony Allen, Brian Scalabrine, and JR Giddens

Taking Stojakovic and Posey's contracts is a pain, but Paul is worth it. 
Now THAT'S a trade!

« Reply #77 on: June 15, 2009, 09:02:38 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
If the goal is to get out of contracts, this might be a concept that works

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ne36v5

To Boston: Chris Paul, Peja Stojakovic, and James Posey
To New Orleans: Rajon Rondo, Ray Allen, Tony Allen, Brian Scalabrine, and JR Giddens

Taking Stojakovic and Posey's contracts is a pain, but Paul is worth it. 
Now THAT'S a trade!

The only problem here is peja and posey playing the same position, and playing the same position as P2. otherwise, i love it. who cares how much he's paid -- i'd be more than happy to have peja come in and play 15 minutes a game off the bench -- it might keep him healthy and will certainly stretch the floor. but the more likely set-up is with chandler instead of one of the other two.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #78 on: June 15, 2009, 09:22:07 AM »

Offline bobdelt

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 26
We shouldn't draft Michael Jordan, we already have a shoot guard and he won't fit in our system.

That's how the people against this trade sound. Posey can play the 4 - we can play small ball against most teams. If we have to take on Posey and Peja to do it, I'd say go for it.

« Reply #79 on: June 15, 2009, 09:40:43 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
paying about 40 million to small forwards strikes me as a bit odd. they dumped chandler for nothing last year, why not take him intead?
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #80 on: June 15, 2009, 11:05:13 AM »

Offline jchen1731

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 10
I think that we would have more information by now if this was a real rumor. Nothing is said in other sites, and there is no mention to this on the ESPN website.

Bogus?

I feel like an a$$ that no report has come out yet! I do feel it is a bogus rumor by now...

i hate causing commotion on something that isn't real...

« Reply #81 on: June 15, 2009, 12:56:08 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870
OK, I am kind of merging two rumors to start a 3rd which is exponentially less likely even than either of the first two.  I was shocked by the poll that said most Memphis fans would take Ray and Powe for the #2 (see Tyreke Evans: A Memphis Expert's Take...).  OK, let's do it.

If we did that, could we trade the #2 and Rondo (and maybe a future #1) for Chris Paul and say Chandler along with the trade exemption that we would get?  I don't really understand trade exemptions.

All that talk about the Chris Paul trade didn't make sense becasue we weren't offering enough young talent.  Putting these together, suddenly I think it is a much more realistic package from NO point of view.

I know, I know, we give up a championship backcourt but with Chris Paul and almost any run of the mill SG, we are set for years.  We would be so much better in so many ways.  I just think of how fresh Pierce might be if he didn't have to create his shot so much.  He could get his offense so much easier with Paul on the floor.  Wow.  I don't know what chance there is of this but it is fun to wonder.

« Reply #82 on: June 15, 2009, 01:12:52 PM »

Offline timepiece33

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 78
The concept of trading Allen to a team like Memphis kind of bothers me, but so be it.

I am looking forward to the NBA trade machine being updated.  IMO, the only way that New Orleans trades Paul is if they can get rid of a lot of bad salaries.  We'd have to take atleast Stojakovic in a deal involving Chris Paul. 

« Reply #83 on: June 15, 2009, 03:20:43 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
We shouldn't draft Michael Jordan, we already have a shoot guard and he won't fit in our system.

That's how the people against this trade sound. Posey can play the 4 - we can play small ball against most teams. If we have to take on Posey and Peja to do it, I'd say go for it.
exactly.

Posey can play multiple positions.  Having CP3, PP, Peja, Posey and KG/Perk on the floor at the same would cause problems for the other team more than the C's.