Author Topic: If the celtics was to trade Rajon rondo to the kings? Curry is ainge man!  (Read 4752 times)

Offline reliablesource1

• Open Roster Spot
  • Tommy Points: 0
I see why he would draft Stephen Curry pure shooter............ Ainge loves him it slip out, this is the real rumor guys. Danny Ainge wants to stretch the defense. He wants a guard with nba bloodlines, pedigree and the understanding of game management. Ala Deron Williams, but with better conditioning, and he needs to but on some added muscle. This is who Danny loves if it goes down trust me man.   

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Celtics Thug, is that you?

Offline reliablesource1

• Open Roster Spot

Offline reliablesource1

• Open Roster Spot

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Forget trading Rondo.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
i'm not for this trade or anything but i missed curry  this past year. i did'nt watch much college ball. do you guys think curry will cut it in the nba? anybody think he'll ever be starting material? last i saw him i would have definitely said no.

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
this would go down looking back in 10 years as one of the worst trades in NBA history.. If Curry becomes JJ Reddick, it'll be a succesful career for him... If Rondo becomes Isiah it'll be a succesful career - Isiah > Reddick

When you love life, life loves you right back

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Curry creates his own shot MUCH better than Redick. I don't know if he'll be Iverson or Gerald Green, but in college, he is definitely a star with all of the intangibles.

Offline BigDanz2000

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 33
Not a chance Ainge is thinking about trading Rondo with the hopes of picking up a draft pick to draft Stephen Curry.  Seems unfathomable. 

I am not sold on Curry, he can shoot, great, but he cant do much of anything else.  He is undersized and plays no defense.  I believe that once Stephens career has ended, Dell will be considered the better pro.  Just my thoughts.

Offline BirdNerd

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 17
no way.   curry is not going to be an impact player, at least not for several years.   Even if he puts on 15 lbs of muscle, his frame is tiny.   he looks like a HS kid, albeit with MAD skills.   

reminds me of Troy Bell. 

Offline Actionjakson

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 25
Celtics Thug, is that you?

Haha very funny. TP
“We don't see ourselves as four All-Stars. We see ourselves as one unit. It's like five fingers on a hand. You can do more damage together as a fist than spread out flat.”
- Rasheed Wallace

Offline ToppersBsktball10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 27
  • Smooth As Silk.
risky

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I think people would be better off posting these things as ideas, rather than as "insider" reports.  Very few people on this board are naive enough to believe in insider sources, especially with some of the impostors that sprung up on other Celtics boards.

All that claiming that you're "in the know" does is lead to people not taking you seriously.

I can see why Ainge -- or any GM -- would like a guy like Curry, but not at the expense of Rajon Rondo.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego
this would go down looking back in 10 years as one of the worst trades in NBA history.. If Curry becomes JJ Reddick, it'll be a succesful career for him... If Rondo becomes Isiah it'll be a succesful career - Isiah > Reddick

I disagree with you cdif, but only with regard to the phrase I've placed in bold.  What need will there be to wait the decade on that?

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
Why would you trade your starting PG for a kid who would be the backup SG on the Celtics?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team