Author Topic: Forget Rubio. James Harden anyone?  (Read 7149 times)

Forget Rubio. James Harden anyone?
« on: June 13, 2009, 05:01:31 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
I know its just rumors, but if Ainge is interested in the 2nd overall pick 4 Rondo. If you had to pick a player class 0f 2009, Who can come in and play right away? He has to be ready mentally & physically.

You know Ainge has an eye on someone, and I guarantee you its James Harden. This guy's game is more polished than Kevin Durant. Two words describe his game smooth and crafty. His game is compared to Pierce & Manu. He has all the moves (inside & outside) with a great jump-shot to go with. His body type is suited for SG, but I just wonder if he can be converted to PG. Passing skills is tremendous, but not like Rondo's. I just love draft experts, how they always try to find Weaknesses. Well his weakness is his athleticism (Weaksauce) & I beg to differ. Dude is 6'5" & has 6'11" wingspan.

I think its an interesting idea. Forget all the Tyreke Evans BS, Ainge has an eye on this guy. This guy is the real deal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcKbKh7HwOo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gf5ye0Fc4oo

Re: Forget Rubio. James Harden anyone?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 05:21:08 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
I've mentioned it in a few other threads but Harden is the guy I'd want if we went into the top 5 (barring Griffin).  I think he'd be a perfect fit on this team and a potential star in 5 years.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 05:28:36 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
His body type is suited for SG, but I just wonder if he can be converted to PG. Passing skills is tremendous, but not like Rondo's.

I'd say no to the conversion but I wouldn't want this kid at the point, anyways. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 05:57:07 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
I would opt for forgetting any rookie when you have a core of aging superstars with a 2-3 year window to win it all. 

Keep the core together and worry about rebuilding after this team stops being a contender. 

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2009, 06:06:55 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
I would opt for forgetting any rookie when you have a core of aging superstars with a 2-3 year window to win it all. 

Keep the core together and worry about rebuilding after this team stops being a contender. 

Unless we can improve our chances next year in the deal - through the acquisition of a younger star - I have no interest whatsoever in moving anyone for a draft pick. Especially in this draft.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2009, 06:13:06 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

I'm willing to bet that someone could easily put together a Rondo highlight clip from nba games against top nba competition that would be more impressive than these highlight clips of these prospects playing against inferior competition.

Just saying.

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2009, 06:26:25 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544

I'm willing to bet that someone could easily put together a Rondo highlight clip from nba games against top nba competition that would be more impressive than these highlight clips of these prospects playing against inferior competition.

Just saying.

Yah, I know. But I bet Rondo can't make two consecutive mid-range shots.

Just Saying

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2009, 06:38:53 PM »

Offline Timdawgg

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 623
WOW, that dude is the most similar player to Paul Pierce I have seen. He has the same slow methodical slash to the basket. Very similar spin moves, cross over, seems strong. Watching him at the top of the key with the ball looks just like Pierce. The outside shot looks very close to Pierce to except for being a lefty. I see a ton of Paul Pierce in those highlights, hopefully he has the same HEART as Pierce.
A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.

Push yourself again and again. Don't give an inch until the final buzzer sounds.

Larry Bird

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2009, 07:34:42 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Just saying.

Yah, I know. But I bet Rondo can't make two consecutive mid-range shots.

Just Saying

Anybody that saw Rondo play in more than a few games last year probably saw him do it. Just saying.

3-4 in a row? Maybe less likely.

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2009, 07:54:11 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385

Unless we can improve our chances next year in the deal - through the acquisition of a younger star - I have no interest whatsoever in moving anyone for a draft pick. Especially in this draft.

Even then only maybe.  A young star might not buy into this team concept like the older guys do.  We're extremely lucky we have a pass-first PG in Rondo and a defensive-minded big like Perk.  Put a young shooter on this team and he might be thinking me-first most of the time in hopes of achieving fame and money. 

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2009, 07:55:16 PM »

Offline Can97

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 4
Harden is absolutely the real deal...

I went to Arizona State and attended most of the home games over the last few years. Before Harden, ASU consistently finished in the bottom half of the pac-10 and had lost to University of Arizona( ASU's big rival) something like seven or eight times in a row. ASU has beaten U of A five times in a row now and have NEVER lost with Harden playing. He is a money player and always steps up in the clutch. He reminds me exactly of Pierce because they both just always want the ball in their hands when the game is on the line.

He has an underrated shot and has incredible instincts. He is also very underrated at defense; it seemed like he had at least one big steal a game when it mattered most.

My favorite part of his game is how drives to the hoop just like Pierce. When the game is on the line he just drives to the hoop and it is almost guaranteed that he is going to get fouled.

The Celtics would be LUCKY to get Harden. This kid is going to be a star. He did wonders at ASU with very little talent surrounding him. I may be biased but I honestly think he will be the best player coming out of this draft.

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2009, 08:04:02 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!

I HATE this thinking. This and bad draft picks, and also not retaining the good ones are the reason we had to wait 20+ years to add another banner. If you can get Harden for Ray Allen, you do it. Or even Rondo if you're getting back other pieces in the trade.

Harden is GOING to be a stud, And with him and still hopefully Rondo still here, and experienced we won't have a significant drop off when Pierce and KG age. We'll still have Perkins, most likely who's one of the best defensive centers in the league at 24 and then you're a decent SF and PF away from contending again.

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2009, 08:14:24 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I like the idea of Harden more than Rubio.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2009, 08:14:49 PM »

Offline Tough Juice

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
If we're going to trade someone Rondo, Allen for a high pick, man I can tell you straight up... I want that kid in green, I think he'll fit up well in our system

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2009, 08:26:57 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336

I HATE this thinking. This and bad draft picks, and also not retaining the good ones are the reason we had to wait 20+ years to add another banner. If you can get Harden for Ray Allen, you do it. Or even Rondo if you're getting back other pieces in the trade.

Harden is GOING to be a stud, And with him and still hopefully Rondo still here, and experienced we won't have a significant drop off when Pierce and KG age. We'll still have Perkins, most likely who's one of the best defensive centers in the league at 24 and then you're a decent SF and PF away from contending again.

I've seen Harden. Multiple times. He might be a stud. He might not. That conference is weak, weak, weak.

And I am not in the slightest bit interested in breaking up this starting 5 to get a "might." I am not as fascinated with the draft or rebuilding as I am winning.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."