Author Topic: Prototype  (Read 9450 times)

Re: Prototype
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2009, 10:42:23 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I want to try Force Unleashed

im obviously biased, but speaking objectively, i really love this game.  the gameplay, graphics, and story are all top notch.  my only gripe with the game is that it is very easy to beat and not that long.
Just played through the first stage, lots of fun. Though I started at the highest available difficulty, Sith Lord I think one more is unlockable. So it was a bit depressing to be killed by storm troops a few times  ::). Upgrading my deflection fixed that though.

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2009, 10:45:38 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
I am a guitar hero junkie. :-\
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2009, 12:31:48 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
I am a guitar hero junkie. :-\
I prefer Rock Band myself. But I like both games. I just picked up my own Rock Band 2 set, and GH3 because it was only 30 bucks and came with the wireless guitar.

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2009, 04:37:10 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
I bought this game less than a week ago, I've already finished it. Nothing funner than having a over powered character in an open world environment. Right now I just want to unlock all the abilities.

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2009, 08:55:09 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
I bought this game less than a week ago, I've already finished it. Nothing funner than having a over powered character in an open world environment. Right now I just want to unlock all the abilities.
I actually unlocked all the powers before I finished the game. I spent a ton of time getting all platinum medals, but I got that done Sunday. Now I just need to finish off the achievements for not dying, killing 54k infected, get the last 80 landmark orbs, and beating it on hard.

My brother just got Ghostbusters, looks like it is a lot of fun too.

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2009, 03:55:39 PM »

Offline marseye

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 22
  • gwadada 971
i want it....i want it :P
I represent Guadeloupe n Ain't speak English very well/Xcuse me

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2009, 07:15:07 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
i want it....i want it :P
Then buy it  ;).

Or just rent it, if you're not a completionist like I am about achievements then you can easily finish the game in a week or so if you play a lot.

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2009, 04:43:16 PM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 235
I bought this game a few days after release, I was really pumped.  I traded it in yesterday for Resident Evil 5, after completing probably about 1/2 the game.  I almost never sell games back, and never do it without beating them first, but this game lost me.

The "stealth" options were broken; I would jump off a building, snatch who I needed to impersonate and run away, come back 2 minutes later and walk right into an objective.  The combat was interesting at first but seemed a little to 'twitchy' for me.

But my main gripe was with how extremely easy it was to navigate NYC.  It should have been amazing fun to move around that city, but instead you could literally just hold forward and the run button, and never fail.  For instance in the spiderman games you had to very carefully swing to keep your momentum and speed going.  Prototype doesn't punish you for failing and falling down at all, you just hit a wall while falling at 60MPH and BINGO you are instantly, with no momentum loss, running up it.  The city itself was also extremely bland, lacking detail.

The game world was interesting, with the mutants and such, but it just couldn't hold me.  A big let down for me, I was pumped for this game.

Lately I find I play Gears of War 2 and Magic online more than anything, despite having 3-4 relatively new games sitting there unplayed.  Consistent, quality games (though Magic is ridiculously buggy).

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2009, 04:46:03 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I bought this game a few days after release, I was really pumped.  I traded it in yesterday for Resident Evil 5, after completing probably about 1/2 the game.  I almost never sell games back, and never do it without beating them first, but this game lost me.

The "stealth" options were broken; I would jump off a building, snatch who I needed to impersonate and run away, come back 2 minutes later and walk right into an objective.  The combat was interesting at first but seemed a little to 'twitchy' for me.

But my main gripe was with how extremely easy it was to navigate NYC.  It should have been amazing fun to move around that city, but instead you could literally just hold forward and the run button, and never fail.  For instance in the spiderman games you had to very carefully swing to keep your momentum and speed going.  Prototype doesn't punish you for failing and falling down at all, you just hit a wall while falling at 60MPH and BINGO you are instantly, with no momentum loss, running up it.  The city itself was also extremely bland, lacking detail.

The game world was interesting, with the mutants and such, but it just couldn't hold me.  A big let down for me, I was pumped for this game.

Lately I find I play Gears of War 2 and Magic online more than anything, despite having 3-4 relatively new games sitting there unplayed.  Consistent, quality games (though Magic is ridiculously buggy).

If it makes you feel better, I played 3-4 hours of UFC, then sent it back to gamefly.

I now have Bully, and I've logged liek 20 hours in less than a week.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2009, 04:50:04 PM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum

If it makes you feel better, I played 3-4 hours of UFC, then sent it back to gamefly.

My brother claims Bully is excellent.  I'm slowly chipping away at GTAIV right now so I don't think I'll go backwards.  On my "to beat" list I have:

GTAIV
The fallout3 downloaded content
Silent Hill: Homecoming
RE5

I recently crossed Fable2 off the list.  A solid game but as others have said, games like Jade Empire and Mass Effect are much better.  Plus it taxes the Xbox so hard the fan sounds like a rocket ship ;-)

« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2009, 04:53:05 PM »

Online angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597

whats you tag? I play Gow whenever i have off.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2009, 04:56:23 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

My brother claims Bully is excellent.  I'm slowly chipping away at GTAIV right now so I don't think I'll go backwards.  On my "to beat" list I have:

GTAIV
The fallout3 downloaded content
Silent Hill: Homecoming
RE5

I recently crossed Fable2 off the list.  A solid game but as others have said, games like Jade Empire and Mass Effect are much better.  Plus it taxes the Xbox so hard the fan sounds like a rocket ship ;-)

I really wanna do the fable content, but I can't justify spending all that money.

« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2009, 04:59:57 PM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
I downloaded Knothole Island for fable 2, but never actually played it.  I don't know if it was bugged or what but I couldn't get the content to activate in game.

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2009, 05:04:17 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
I meant fallout content.

The GTA content is pretty good. Like a Suns of Anarchy ripoff.

« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2009, 08:42:23 AM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
I meant fallout content.

The GTA content is pretty good. Like a Suns of Anarchy ripoff.

I have yet to watch Sons of Anarchy, that looks really good.  I'm going to have to on-demand it.

The fallout content I have mixed feelings for.  The Pitt is really good.  I have yet to play Mothership Zeta.  All the rest I'm not sold on.  The main game itself is a lot better.  That said, I'm a Fallout nut (Played 1/2 at least 5 times each... and even Tactics which was awful) so I'll have to play them.

Anyways... I think this thread has been hijacked ;-)