Author Topic: Prototype  (Read 9403 times)

Prototype
« on: June 13, 2009, 01:07:53 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Anyone else pick this game up? I bought it Thursday night and I'm having a lot of fun with it. Very violent sandbox style game that is similar to Crackdown, Hulk Ultimate Destruction, and the Spiderman games.

Re: Prototype
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 01:30:53 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I didn't pick it up, although I wanted to, I held off because I thought it was going to be not so great.

XBox360 to me has kind of plateaued in terms of games.

The only games I've been impressed with in the last year are NBA 2k9, NHL 09, and Fallout 3.

Of course I still log like 5-6 COD4 hours a week. I'm not even that good, its just an awesome game.

Hopefully there will be some revolutionary stuff coming out of E3

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 01:36:57 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Well I'm not that deep into it yet, but so far its passed the initial "is it fun to play". Whether or not the game play holds up, we'll see.

Crackdown didn't have a ton of variety it its missions, goals, or combat but was still a ton of fun for me.

So far Prototype has a lot more options for how you fight, different powers and weapons. And the storyline is pretty interesting if nothing special. Government black ops, mysterious virus that was likely engineered, blank protagonist, etc. But the atmosphere and game has been a lot of fun. In particular I like that you get a lot of the backstory in short bursts after you absorb the people whom have the memories that fill in what is going on.

I like Xbox's line up overall. Its a bit of a lull at the moment, but I need to catch up on games anyways. I'll probably be picking up some used or maybe reactivity my gamefly account until I start school again.

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 01:39:21 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Well I'm not that deep into it yet, but so far its passed the initial "is it fun to play". Whether or not the game play holds up, we'll see.

Crackdown didn't have a ton of variety it its missions, goals, or combat but was still a ton of fun for me.

So far Prototype has a lot more options for how you fight, different powers and weapons. And the storyline is pretty interesting if nothing special. Government black ops, mysterious virus that was likely engineered, blank protagonist, etc. But the atmosphere and game has been a lot of fun. In particular I like that you get a lot of the backstory in short bursts after you absorb the people whom have the memories that fill in what is going on.

I like Xbox's line up overall. Its a bit of a lull at the moment, but I need to catch up on games anyways. I'll probably be picking up some used or maybe reactivity my gamefly account until I start school again.

I just got gamefly to catch up. I still haven't even seen fable II, although I doubt its even as good as the original Jade Empire was for Xbox. I also haven't even played COD5, and I'm anxiously waiting to play UFC for a few hours.

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2009, 01:49:31 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

I just got gamefly to catch up. I still haven't even seen fable II, although I doubt its even as good as the original Jade Empire was for Xbox. I also haven't even played COD5, and I'm anxiously waiting to play UFC for a few hours.
Fable II isn't great, I liked it more than Fable. Jade Empire was definitely more fun overall, but I think that is because I liked the story/world better overall. Plus in Jade Empire you didn't have to do stupid jobs to make money.

I want to try Force Unleashed, Deadspace, Blue Dragon, and a bunch of other games I missed.

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2009, 02:57:16 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
)I'm hopefully going to be picking this game up soon.

I had bought UFC recently, and I usually don't like spending money on games.

My games usually spend more time at my friends houses than mines, except for the FPSs. (Cod4 I can be a problem  8))

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2009, 03:05:33 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

My games usually spend more time at my friends houses than mines, except for the FPSs. (Cod4 I can be a problem  8))

After playing exclusively team deathmatch for like a year..I discovered hardcore search and destroy...talk about a problem...besides teamkillers, its easily the best mode to play in. Who knew stealth was so much fun online?

Stupid grenade launchers...and martydom...and x3 frag perk...people will ruin the game with explosives.

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2009, 08:49:43 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
I want to try Force Unleashed

im obviously biased, but speaking objectively, i really love this game.  the gameplay, graphics, and story are all top notch.  my only gripe with the game is that it is very easy to beat and not that long.

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2009, 09:45:05 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

im obviously biased, but speaking objectively, i really love this game.  the gameplay, graphics, and story are all top notch.  my only gripe with the game is that it is very easy to beat and not that long.
Which is why I want to gamefly it. I figure I can finish it in a week or two, so why buy it?

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2009, 10:00:10 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...

After playing exclusively team deathmatch for like a year..I discovered hardcore search and destroy...talk about a problem...besides teamkillers, its easily the best mode to play in. Who knew stealth was so much fun online?

Stupid grenade launchers...and martydom...and x3 frag perk...people will ruin the game with explosives.

I'll try it, I've also been exclusively on Team Deathmatch for what seems like forever. COD4 may be the only reason i have Xbox live.

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2009, 10:52:02 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Is there a list of gamer tags for CBers?

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2009, 11:21:40 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Is there a list of gamer tags for CBers?
Well I'll just put mine up for any CBers to add. My Xbox Live account name is Fafnir Omaha. Easy enough for you all to remember  8).

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2009, 11:29:58 AM »

Offline GroverTheClover

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 167

I hate the camera, but otherwise, it's ridiculous fun.

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2009, 11:30:27 AM »

Offline SquishPCfriar

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 28
  • It's hammer time
I bought Prototype the day it was released.  It is like playing GTA but being a badass guy with crazy superhero powers.  Its nuts.

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2009, 11:42:51 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
I bought Prototype the day it was released.  It is like playing GTA but being a badass guy with crazy superhero powers.  Its nuts.
I like that the difficulty amped up well with the increased amounts of power Alex gets.