Author Topic: Jennings Calls Rubio "All Hype"  (Read 7087 times)

Re: Jennings Calls Rubio "All Hype"
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2009, 03:41:38 AM »

Offline federico

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
Basketball is a team game, and you play with 4 (your team)+ 4 (other team) other guys, in defence and offence. I mean that the things that  you do 1 vs 1 in a try out are not the same things that you do in a game 5 vs 5. Rubio is a great, great passer and you will never see this in a 1 vs 1, where  perhaps Jennings can beat Rubio. And more than this Rubio seems to have the ability to improve the game of his teammates.
I am from Italy so i saw playing  Jennings on TV and read about him and Rubio on newspapers, and while Rubio is a starter in his team and considered the best young player in Europe (and one of the best overall), Jennings simply stinks, playing limited minutes always from the bench. Mentally i see him like the first Marbury, great ego, perhaps good numbers but not a player for a winning team.

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2009, 10:31:49 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Wait a second wait a second.  Others have touched on this, but Rubio is a star in Europe and Jennings did almost nothing there.

Rubio played well in the Olympics at a young age against the world's best, and according to Jennings this is just some sort of incidental accident cause the Olympic style of play is wrong or something and somehow tremendously different because in Olympic basketball the object is no langer to put a ball in a basket and stop the other guy from doing so

So according to Jennings Rubio is all hype while Jennings is the proven thing?

I like Jennings, but at this point in order to draft him I'd give him multiple in depth psychological exams and really research his background. I'd try to find out what he does with his spare time, the money he's earned, everything

As a GM this kind of thing would freak me out

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2009, 10:43:49 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
If Rubio is "All Hype", then what the heck is Jennings?

Well said Who. TP.

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2009, 10:56:11 AM »

Offline CelticWes34

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 20
If Rubio is "All Hype", then what the heck is Jennings?

Well said Who. TP.

Who's Brandon Jennings? He the guy that had the Kid haircut from "House Party?"
Carl: And, technically, he's supposed to be spayed, and uh, he ain't that. I know that first hand. Go ahead, ask me how I know. Go ahead. Ask me. Ask me how I know.

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2009, 11:02:44 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I think Jennings is a solid brave kid with a fierce competitive streak.

This was supposed to be his year to be the point du jour, and Rubio stole it. Jennings has to be Teed off, and I don't blame him. Rubio is the better prospect, but Jennings did a brave and unheard of thing in order to prepare himself for the NBA, and that's commendable.

In the end we all know Rubio is the better prospect, but that doesn't mean Jennings will or can admit that, and that doesn't mean Jennings is three kinds of crazy. Why would you want to draft anyoen who doesn't believe they either are the best, or are capable of becoming the best?

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2009, 11:16:44 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Jennings did a brave and unheard of thing in order to prepare himself for the NBA, and that's commendable.

He did it for practice or the $$$$ ?

But lets say he did it for his improvement. He had an bad season and i doubt he got any better. So when you fail you shut your mouth and try to find what has gone wrong. It wasn`t Rubio`s or anybody`s fault that he is not in the spotlight.

I hate when kids before they prove their value start talking like the own the universe

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2009, 11:20:58 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

This was supposed to be his year to be the point du jour, and Rubio stole it. Jennings has to be Teed off, and I don't blame him. Rubio is the better prospect, but Jennings did a brave and unheard of thing in order to prepare himself for the NBA, and that's commendable.

In the end we all know Rubio is the better prospect, but that doesn't mean Jennings will or can admit that, and that doesn't mean Jennings is three kinds of crazy. Why would you want to draft anyoen who doesn't believe they either are the best, or are capable of becoming the best?

I don't know. I could see Rubio feeling the same way about him for similar reasons. I'm somewhat surprised we haven't heard any retorts from Rubio's camp like "He had to dump on the Olympics cause he's not good enough to represent his country and the only reason he's here is cause a free "education" wasn't enough money for him

I like Jennings a lot too, but his comments just strike me as amazing

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2009, 11:36:54 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

I don't know. I could see Rubio feeling the same way about him for similar reasons. I'm somewhat surprised we haven't heard any retorts from Rubio's camp like "He had to dump on the Olympics cause he's not good enough to represent his country and the only reason he's here is cause a free "education" wasn't enough money for him

I'm not surprised rubio is ignoring this, It's not worth his time to give Jennings any lip service, even to dismiss him out of hand.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2009, 11:40:01 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

I'm not surprised rubio is ignoring this, It's not worth his time to give Jennings any lip service, even to dismiss him out of hand.

One thing interesting to me is whether it will help Jenning's draft stock or hurt it. It can only hurt Rubio, so we probably won't hear from him till after the draft

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2009, 11:48:38 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Jennings did a brave and unheard of thing in order to prepare himself for the NBA, and that's commendable.

He did it for practice or the $$$$ ?

But lets say he did it for his improvement. He had an bad season and i doubt he got any better. So when you fail you shut your mouth and try to find what has gone wrong. It wasn`t Rubio`s or anybody`s fault that he is not in the spotlight.

I hate when kids before they prove their value start talking like the own the universe

You think the majority of the guys in the lottery of this draft didn't get paid the equivelent of what Jennings got to play in Europe? So what if he chased the money, he went to another country, where the competition was harder, and where the culture wasn't his. That takes heart, and its brave. The only people who know if he got any better are those who watched him practice and those who have the experience to know. I doubt anyone on this board has either.

One thing you have to think is that he had to learn a little bit about maturity and life along the way. Hopefuly he learned that you're not always the prettiest biggest snowflake out there, and to compete at a level that high takes work. Lots and lots and lots of work.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2009, 11:51:06 AM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
This reminds me a bit of when Darko Milicic was trashing that 7 foot + foreigner whose name escapes me right now.  Turns out, he was right, cuz I don't believe the guy ever set foot on an NBA floor.  But it also showed the immaturity and insecurity of Darko early on, and that has shown in his game.

Edit:  His name is Pavel Podkolzin