Author Topic: Rumor: Rondo to the Kings for #4 and Thompson/Hawes  (Read 18362 times)

Re: Rondo to the Kings for #4 and Thompson.
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2009, 04:05:34 PM »

Offline bobdelt

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 26
Rondo's not going anywhere, guys, never mind a 4th pick in a weak draft.  C'mon, get real.

If Ainge wants Rubio, and he's still available - Rondo is packing his bags. That being said - I dont think Ainge likes Rubio, he's had no contact with the Celtics. Too big of a gamble to make a deal for him, when we dont even know if he will play in the NBA next year.

Re: Rumor: Rondo to the Kings for #4 and Thompson/Hawes
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2009, 01:32:31 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
anybody worried that this is still on the table?

Now, post draft, it would be Evans and Thompson.

I like Thompson and think he could be the long athletic big that we need off the bench, but I'm just not very high on Evans....

the thing that worries me are the reports that Danny was after him in the days before the draft.

add to that rumors that we may be making an offer to JKidd....why would we be going after him when all we really need is a backup PG?

« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2009, 01:34:03 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good

I like Thompson and think he could be the long athletic big that we need off the bench, but I'm just not very high on Evans....

the thing that worries me are the reports that Danny was after him in the days before the draft.

Why would this trade happen now if it didn't happen draft night?
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2009, 01:35:51 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas

Well if many of the top big men FAs are looking to sign elsewhere, then maybe getting a big via trade might become more appealing.

and like i added to my original post, the Cs interest in Kidd is a little confusing.

« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2009, 01:39:32 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Rondo = Good

Well if many of the top big men FAs are looking to sign elsewhere, then maybe getting a big via trade might become more appealing.

and like i added to my original post, the Cs interest in Kidd is a little confusing.

Yeah, that's true.

If it's true the Celtics are after Kidd, it only makes sense if we are looking to trade Rondo.

Maybe Danny is waiting to see if he can actually sign Kidd before pulling the trigger on a Rondo trade?

I don't know if the Kings would do that trade though.  Trade away a top draft pick prospect and a part of their promising frontcourt for an admittedly very promising and very good young PG who supposedly has attitude issues (something Danny spent the last week making clear to everyone who would listen).

On the other hand, Evans is NOT a PG and they really need a PG.  They already have a star player at SG (Martin).  It would have made much more sense for the Kings to draft Rubio instead of Evans.  Maybe they chose Evans because they have a potential deal set in place with Danny (who supposedly loves Evans)?

- Doc Rivers

« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2009, 01:43:24 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas

Yeah, that's true.

If it's true the Celtics are after Kidd, it only makes sense if we are looking to trade Rondo.

Maybe Danny is waiting to see if he can actually sign Kidd before pulling the trigger on a Rondo trade?

I don't know if the Kings would do that trade though.  Trade away a top draft pick prospect and a part of their promising frontcourt for an admittedly very promising and very good young PG who supposedly has attitude issues (something Danny spent the last week making clear to everyone who would listen).

yeah I'm with you on the fact that Danny didn't do Rondo's trade value any good last week, and we'd probably have to add in a JR Giddens or Walker to balance the deal out....

but for me, the real crux of the matter is how good Tyreke Evans is....I'm still wondering why so many people are really high on him.

« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2009, 01:46:39 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Rondo = Good

but for me, the real crux of the matter is how good Tyreke Evans is....I'm still wondering why so many people are really high on him.

Me too...he's been referred to as the third best talent in the draft (Rick Bucher had him as the 3rd best prospect), but I don't really get it.  His jumpshot is supposedly shaky, he doesn't have the body or the skills to be a PG, and he has potential character issues (they don't call him "Drive-By" for nothing). 

DraftExpress also compares him to Larry Hughes and Willie Green (Best / Worst). 

How excited would you be if the Celtics got Larry Hughes as part of a trade for Rondo?  What about Willie Green?

My guess is not very excited.

- Doc Rivers

« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2009, 02:01:49 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

Maybe Tony Allen is to be included in the deal, but his BYC status makes it difficult, and this is something that changes after July 1st? 
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2009, 02:04:54 PM »

Offline ScalPal

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 12
The more I hear about Evans the less excited I get about him on a title team.

« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2009, 03:44:56 PM »

Offline screwedupmaniac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 205
Question: Danny himself said we are not trading Rondo, and that he is going to be the star PG for the Boston Celtics for years to come...what more is there to discuss?

« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2009, 03:56:30 PM »

Offline beantownboy171

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
Question: Danny himself said we are not trading Rondo, and that he is going to be the star PG for the Boston Celtics for years to come...what more is there to discuss?
Danny says alot of things. He also publicly blasted Rondo a week ago. I don't trust anything that comes out of danny or ownerships mouth

« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2009, 04:31:43 PM »

Offline screwedupmaniac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 205
even if he was going to hypothetically do a deal (which he won't), it would have to be a heck of a lot better than this deal...like ray and rondo for dwade. there's no point in backwards moves. sometimes the best move you can make is no move at all, and i think danny has brains enough to realize that.

« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2009, 04:37:05 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Hmmmmm.

I'd need Nocioni in an expanded Sac deal to even consider this.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2009, 04:38:40 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Awful, Awful, Awful, Awful deal

« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2009, 05:40:59 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
what i with all the spencer hawes love? i just don't see it.