Author Topic: Chad Ford - " C's are shopping Ray Allen for a top 5 or 10 Draft Pick"  (Read 13731 times)

Offline VPofCommonSense

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
Also, no interest in Blatche. He couldn't consistently beat out Songaila or Dominic McGuire in last season's debacle. Focus and consistent effort aren't the types of skills a young players suddenly develops after three seasons without either (as opposed to three point range, better defensive awareness, low post moves.) McGee is going to be twice the player.

totally agree with you on that one, especially the Mcgee part.  Though, nothing will accelerate the development of a young guy quite like playing with a veteran, successful team.  The celtics have this all over their history most notably; Robert Parish, Reggie Lewis even Perk and Rondo.  I mean a good player on a bad team (Young, Mcgee) could be a great player when he's asked to do only a certain amount.  There are yet-to-be drafted guys, like Curry, who just reek of professionalism and poise.

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
How about a trade with the Bobcats ?

Bose sends: Ray Allen

Char sends: Raja Bell, Diop, #12 pick and other pieces to make the trade work

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
It really makes no sense for us to trade Ray for a rookie unless Ainge believes he is a lock to be an all star. The only way I see us getting into the first round is by buying a pick or doing an expiring contract + BBD sign and trade to take on some horrendous contracts.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

Offline Tradetime

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 115
I like Tyreke Evans; he's a scorer and a slasher, nice looking jumper. I'd want Haywood back in the deal in place of Etan. The time is now for Ainge to look for the future of this team as well as staying competitive now. I think getting Evans with Haywood/Songaila would do so. We then still can get a guy like McDyess, and a backup SG like Anthony Parker and get with banner 18 this year.

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870
Thomas and James are pure salary dumps but would be necessary for salary reasons (Songaila is pretty close to a pure dump too).  Washington would have to give something good back as well as the pick to make this work.  I would think Nick Young or maybe Blatche would be involved.  Washington would be getting a key player at a position of need.  I don't believe Danny does it for the pick plus salary dumps.

This could be interesting.

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
I LOVE Ray Allen!  It would be one thing if Giddens or tony  ::) was ready to step into sg starting role.  Unless he has another deal set up I can't see moving ray as we need a sg to spread floor not a ta driving the lane and NO Paul really can't play sg anymore (or shouldn't).  I do like haywood as a quality backup big.

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
this is where i wish i knew more about the inner workings of things:

For example, am I right that after a trade like this our cap situation remains identical?

Offline Tnerb02

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 18
How about a 3 way deal with Wash and Mil

Mil sends: Michael Redd
Bos sends: Ray Allen
Wash sends: Songaila, Mike James, Etan Thomas, #5

Mil gets:Songaila, Mike James, Etan Thomas
Wash gets: Ray Allen
Bos gets: Michael Redd and #5

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

IF you guarantee me A) Redd is healthy and B) that he's back to Redd in his prime, I do it.

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245

IF you guarantee me A) Redd is healthy and B) that he's back to Redd in his prime, I do it.

If A and B were true, why in the world do the Bucks make that deal?

Offline Tnerb02

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 18

Michael Redd now is a better fit than Etan Thomas, Mike James and Darius Songaila.

If Milwaukee doesn't want Songaila's 2 year contract we could do a side trade for Scal and Pruitt for Songaila. So we would get Songaila, Redd and 5 for Ray Allen, Pruitt and Scal.

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
this is where i wish i knew more about the inner workings of things:

For example, am I right that after a trade like this our cap situation remains identical?

This is actually a really good point. If the deal is

Bos sends: Ray

Wash sends: Etan Thomas, Songalia, James and #5 Pick

We would still be getting 13 MIL in expiring contracts back.

Between Etan Thomas, Mike James, Scal and TA we would have about 20 MIL in expiring contracts to trade for a starting SG with

Say if we could get a SG like Mike Miller or Raja bell + # 5 pick for Ray Allen and expiring contracts that looks much better for the C's

Bos 2009- 10 Roster
PG: Rondo / Marbury
SG: Raja  / Tyreke Evans (#5 Pick)
SF: PP    / Grant Hill( Vet Min)
PF: KG    / BBD or McDyess
 C: Perk  / Songalia

That actually makes our team much more balaced . We would have a starting SG and would have a younger SG on the bench , with lots of potential !

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie
Except that both Mike Miller and Raja Bell have fallen off a lot harder than Ray Allen.

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Except that both Mike Miller and Raja Bell have fallen off a lot harder than Ray Allen.

Raja is a career 41% 3P shooter, a tough defender and playoff tested. He averaged 11 PPG last year while shooting 42% from 3. The kid can still play and would be a perfect fit if Ray was gone.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
No team except the wizards in the top 10 pick area would want allens services and i doubt they would want him since their pressing need is someone up front(which the draft can help them get). Chad ford is an idiot to make up this rumor.

A more likely trade occuring would be receiving James Posey, Rasual Butler(very good 3 point shooter), and hornets 21st pick for Ray Allen

The reason why the celtics would even think about such a trade is that there might be someone at 21 Danny might highly regard to get and will make a sudden impact(ie Bj Mullens if he drops, casspi)

The celtics issue right now is that they lack depth. Even with our team being near the same team that won last year we would still be missing important ingredients such as a pj brown, sam cassell, posey to help us battle teams like the lakers, orlando and cleveland.(no chance to sign such depth via free agency)

I think ray allen is gone and a trade to the hornets with the propsed players coming back might be the trick to get alot of decent depth while not weaknening the starting 5 tremendously 

Starting 5

Perk
Kg
PP
Butler
Rondo

Bench

Posey
Powe/Davis
House
Draft pick( pref Mullens, Casspi, Earl Clark)
Scal/T Allen
Walker/Giddens

vs

Starting 5

Perk
KG
PP
R. Allen
Rondo

Bench

Powe/Davis
House
Scal/T Allen
Walker/Giddens

Tell me which lineup do you think has a better chance to win it all?

« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 06:08:48 PM by triboy16f »