Author Topic: This trade could work  (Read 1963 times)

This trade could work
« on: June 12, 2009, 05:58:01 AM »

Offline illestmcsgt

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
Since everyone is trying to dump Ray Allen to another team why not for 3 really good players.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ndpmey

This way we have Ford coming in and would provide instant offense. Daniels would be good in the back court with Rondo and Foster would come in for Perkins. Altogether that will make a great line up still I would make one more trade.

A three team trade where we send T.Allen to Thunder and Scal to Heat. Heat would send Cook to us and Jones to Thunder. Then Thunder will send Jeff Green our way and Sefolosha to Heat.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=n4nf6r

Rondo \ Ford
Daniels \ Cook \ Giddens
Pierce \ Green \ Walker
Garnett \ Davis/Powe
Perkins \ Foster

Great first and second unit and still opt out of Gabe's contract and House can leave because Cook is better IMO. I would include him in the trade if possible so we would be really dangerous and have a great chance at a title.

Not only would this team improve even losing Ray Allen I think that our bench would be almost like another starting line up.

I substituted Rush for Daniels but I think the trade will still work because both teams would get what they would want and I really think Daniels and Green would be great wings for the future.

Re: This trade could work
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 06:40:17 AM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
From the Thunder's perspective, you are undervaluing Jeff Green big time. Nevertheless, I like Jeff Green as a player, and I'd love to see him in green. But, simply put, we would have a much better chance if we just kept Ray. 
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 08:23:10 AM by KungPoweChicken »

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 06:59:53 AM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
If we wanted Jeff Green we coulda just held on to the number 5 pick 2 yrs. ago & not traded for Ray Allen. He was the #5 pick used in the trade we did with Seattle! I dont think they are dumb enough to just had rented Ray to us for a 2yrs. while they developed Green for us in the meanwhile. That trade would never go down again.

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 08:19:02 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Regarding the Pacers deal, I don't think it makes much sense for them.  They're taking on about $3 million extra in salary this season and are giving up a player they really like in Rush, for what?  To clear one year of Foster's salary?  It don't think Indiana would have any motivation to do this.

In the second trade, we land one excellent young player (Green) and one solid role player (Cook) for scraps.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 01:38:51 PM »

Offline paintitgreen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 154
Not to mention, ex-Sonics give up two very good young players in Green and Sefolosha for a journeyman 3 who's best suited coming off the bench and an expiring contract? That trade makes absolutely no sense whatsoever for Hijack City, as great as it would be for us.
Go Celtics.