Author Topic: Two Starters & Everyone Else  (Read 2903 times)

Two Starters & Everyone Else
« on: June 11, 2009, 02:11:04 PM »

Offline Michael Anthony

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 117
We get much younger, moderately deeper, and a little better - and I think everyone else buys in:

BOS Gets: Hamilton, Outlaw, Blake, Buckner, Jaric, #2
BOS Sends: Rondo, R.Allen, Davis, Walker, Giddens, T. Allen, Scalabrine

MEM Gets: Rondo, Davis, Walker, Giddens, T. Allen, Scalabrine    
MEM Sends: Conley, Buckner, Jaric, #2

Memphis gets a legit starting pointguard, a solid starting power forward and cap relief for a bust (Conley) a questionmark (Rubio) and two bad contracts. Plus they get to look at Giddens and Walker for free.

POR Gets: Prince, Conley
POR Sends: Outlaw, Bayless, Blake, Webster, #24

Portland tightens up thier rotation, gets the ultimate glue guy at small forward and pairs Oden with his binky - all it costs them are a bunch of backups and a pick they do not need.

DET Gets: R. Allen, Bayless, Webster, #24
DET Sends: Prince, Hamilton

Detroit gets a ton of cap relief to find someone to team with Stuckey and Boozer as they turn thier eyes to the future. Plus, they get inexpensive depth/potential at the 1 & 3 and with the #24.

Boston gets the swing forward we have been looking for, a younger veteran replacement for Ray Allen (Ray had a better career, pretty similar players today, Hamilton probably gets the edge 2 years out) and the ability to focus our offseason spending (MLE) at center.

Blake / Rubio - Pruitt
Hamilton / Jaric - House
Pierce / Outlaw - Buckner
Garnett / Outlaw - Powe
Perkins / MLE (Gortat) - Moore

While Blake is certainly a downgrade (he is an outside threat), the combination of Blake/Rubio should be close to the combination of Rondo/Scrub in year one. This deal comes down to whether or not you believe Rubio will be as good as Rondo in years 2 and beyond.
"All I have to know is, he's my coach, and I follow his lead. He didn't have to say anything in here this week. We all knew what we had to do. He's a big part of our family, and we're like his extended family. And we did what good families do when one of their own is affected." - Teddy Bruschi

Re: Two Starters & Everyone Else
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 02:56:55 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
You're saying we keep House along with Blake and Rubio?  Hmm.  Umm.

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 03:32:17 PM »

Offline DinoRadjaLives

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 24
nothing in this trade makes sense, everyone who has read this is now a little dumber, may god have mercy on your soul
"The Boston Celtics are not a basketball team, they are a way of life" - Red Auerbach

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 03:52:22 PM »

Offline Michael Anthony

• Jayson Tatum
You're saying we keep House along with Blake and Rubio?  Hmm.  Umm.
I see House playing shooting guard beside Rubio - then switching on defense. Remember, Wade said Rubio played him better on defense than anyone else in the Olympics.
"All I have to know is, he's my coach, and I follow his lead. He didn't have to say anything in here this week. We all knew what we had to do. He's a big part of our family, and we're like his extended family. And we did what good families do when one of their own is affected." - Teddy Bruschi

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 03:53:03 PM »

Offline Michael Anthony

• Jayson Tatum
nothing in this trade makes sense, everyone who has read this is now a little dumber, may god have mercy on your soul
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life...

Stay thirsty my friends.

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 03:57:15 PM »

Offline youcanthandlethetruth113

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 153

Hahahaha. You forgot the "At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought" part!
"Perk is not an alley-oop guy" - Tommy Heinson - Feb 27th 2008 vs. Cleveland

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 05:33:06 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
I don't necessarily dislike this trade but I don't really think it makes us better, overall.  We do get deeper with Outlaw but that's pretty much it, since Blake + Rubio is pretty much a wash compared to Rondo + Solid Vet.

In other words...what's the point?  If Hamilton were younger and had the prospect of perhaps even improving a bit then I'd be interested but...we get a downgrade at SG, don't really improve at PG (at least for a couple years), and don't extend our window by much (maybe a year even if this team ends up being as good as the one we have now).

Overall, I don't see the point.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2009, 05:35:31 PM »

Offline VPofCommonSense

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
I like the idea of the trade, I mean it would never happen but, you know, it's a good idea.

here is how it would actually shake out with salarys and such.

BOS Gets: Outlaw, Hamilton, Darko, #2
BOS loses: Rondo, Ray, Giddens and Pruitt

POR Gets: Prince, Conely, Amir Johnson
POR Loses: Outlaw, Pryzbilla, Bayless and Blake

MEM Gets: Rondo, Pryzbilla, Aflalo, Giddens, Pruitt
MEM Loses: Conely, Darko, #2

DET Gets: Ray, Bayless, Blake
DET Loses: Hamilton, Prince, Aflalo

I know this would never happen, and the key's to the deal are Ainge feeling that Rubio will be an eventual upgrade over Rondo and Pritchard liking Conely enough to lose those three guys... and I doubt he would... so I just wasted your time there, sorry