Poll

Would you do this trade if you were Danny Ainge?

Yes
22 (50%)
No
22 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Author Topic: Chris Paul in Green???  (Read 12691 times)

Re: Chris Paul in Green???
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2009, 05:20:05 PM »

Offline jimmyt

• Author
  • Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 2500
Why are there so many trade ideas involving CP3? Why would New Orleans trade him? Doesn't make sense for them to do that...

Rondo can't shoot... you can't base you team around a PG who can't shoot... hopefully the Celtics realize that and adjust accordingly

off the top of my head, the spurs, mavericks/nets, and early era jazz beg to differ.

EDIT: oh yea, and the 90's sonics.

Really? Tim Duncan had nothing to do with those rings? I find it hard to believe that he wasn't the main reason, not to mention Tony Parker is a better shooter than Rondo anyways.

Also, how many rings does Jason Kidd have again? Same with the Sonics in the 90's... they lost in the finals just like the nets did, and the Mavs have been nothing but a dissapointment every year in the playoffs.

« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2009, 05:44:24 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
No, we're giving up way too much Rondo > Paul, Perk > Chandler - they'd have to throw in West to make it fair

*note, I hope the Hornets read this blog and fall for my trap...hehehe

When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2009, 05:45:03 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
Basically, the Celtics become the Boston Hornets with KG and Paul Pierce.  How about...no.

Sure Chris Paul is better but we'd get a big downgrade at the 2 and I'll take Perkleton over Chandler any day...more consistency, greater future potential, and fewer injury concerns.

The Boston Hornets, with KG and PP win a title
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2009, 05:51:08 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
new orleans hangs up the phone as soon as ainge says cp3

« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2009, 06:14:42 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
There is absolutely no way that NO trades Paul in a true talent swap; Paul is too good to be gotten that way. The only way they do it is if NO is desperate to save money and save face in the same move. I don't like the idea of giving up Perk for Chandler as Chandler is really a question mark healthwise, moreso than Perk.

however, NO's worst contract by far is Peja. Thus if NO is desperate, they may do a Paul+Peja for Giddens Ray and Rondo. Rondo will be cheaper than Paul, they save 5.5 million right away and have 22.5 million off the payroll for next season, having learned their lesson that they can't overbid for guys like peja. If that's still not enough, you can throw in Scal, tony and pruitt to take back Posey's long term deal.

So Rondo, Ray, Scal, Tony, Pruitt, for Peja, Paul and Posey would save new Orleans 6 million right away and 34 million the next season plus the extra 7 million the following year from posey. It really allows them to start over based around good, cheaper players like West, Rondo, and Wright.

« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2009, 07:52:14 PM »

Offline thedawg

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 11

I can live with this trade if Perkins is taken out of the equation and maybe Big Baby Davis or Leon Powe put in it (if that suficiates the salary cap). 

We desperately need Chris Paul as PG but how desperately are the Hornets willing to let him go?  I am not even sure if they would accept that trade even if it gives them a big breather on the cap space in 2010. 

I voted no simply because Perkins was included but who knows.....Chris Paul is such a great player that I could be persuaded....but Hornets will say no.
In Danny Ainge I Trust!

« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2009, 08:20:14 PM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245

I can live with this trade if Perkins is taken out of the equation and maybe Big Baby Davis or Leon Powe put in it (if that suficiates the salary cap). 

We desperately need Chris Paul as PG but how desperately are the Hornets willing to let him go?  I am not even sure if they would accept that trade even if it gives them a big breather on the cap space in 2010. 

I voted no simply because Perkins was included but who knows.....Chris Paul is such a great player that I could be persuaded....but Hornets will say no.

I don't see how realistically the Hornets would consider the trade if you take out Perk. Maybe if you replace Chandler with Peja. But honestly CP3 is the Hornets. you're going to have to bowl them over to even consider trading him. Doubtful that Rondo and a little cap flexibility would do the trick.

« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2009, 10:05:58 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
This is a call that has to be made, because of NO's severe financial problems.

Would I expect the answer to be yes? No.

I'd prefer to do a smaller deal that doesn't involve Perkins.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2009, 09:56:43 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
acie earl.  derrick rose is a better player than rondo hands down.  he almost beat him with a weaker supporting cast in his rookie year. 

rondo is a really good point guard but everyone has to calm down with the great/top 3 talk.  he cant shoot and 60% of the time when he drives he has to awkwardly kick out the ball since he doesnt finish well.

Awkwardly kick out the ball for 17 assists.  Why do people like Jason Kidd's triple doubles and not Rondo's?

« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2009, 10:02:12 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Chris Paul is the best player in the world at his position. Rondo is what, top 15?

I am not sure people on this board, myself included, realize just how good Chris Paul is. Whenever we see him play it is against the best defense in the NBA.

Perk is one of the reason's we see Paul against the NBA's best defense.  Rondo is too good to have to throw in Ray AND Perk.  Agree Chris Paul is the best, but people are salivating too much here.

« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2009, 10:15:41 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
acie earl.  derrick rose is a better player than rondo hands down.  he almost beat him with a weaker supporting cast in his rookie year. 

rondo is a really good point guard but everyone has to calm down with the great/top 3 talk.  he cant shoot and 60% of the time when he drives he has to awkwardly kick out the ball since he doesnt finish well.

Awkwardly kick out the ball for 17 assists.  Why do people like Jason Kidd's triple doubles and not Rondo's?

Just for kicks, he also finishes better than Rose.