Poll

Would you do this trade if you were Danny Ainge?

Yes
22 (50%)
No
22 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Author Topic: Chris Paul in Green???  (Read 12689 times)

Re: Chris Paul in Green???
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2009, 12:30:26 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
The way I see it is you are trading away 3 bonified starters for 1 and a half. not worth it...
When you can add a young franchise player like CP3 you do it. Rondo has the potential to become a close second to CP3 as a PG, but he's not there yet and may never get there. So you make this trade.

You mean he has the potential to be a close 3rd behind CP3 and King Rubio.

lol

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2009, 12:43:02 PM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Celtics do this trade without a 2nd thought. 

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2009, 12:46:53 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
I would take a more minimalist approach and try to get Paul + ??? for Rondo and Allen without Perkins. If you can get Chandler along side Perkins I would not have a problem; but don't like him as an alternative to Perkins. Also think we can get a wing without trading away valuable assets.

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2009, 12:48:58 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I would take a more minimalist approach and try to get Paul + ??? for Rondo and Allen without Perkins. If you can get Chandler along side Perkins I would not have a problem; but don't like him as an alternative to Perkins. Also think we can get a wing without trading away valuable assets.
You would only get CP3 if they were dumping long term bad contracts with him. Even then you'd also have to give up elite level talent.

New Orleans won't be trading Chris Paul until the last year of his contract. And only then if he makes it clear he won't resign.

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2009, 01:11:44 PM »

Offline Michael Anthony

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 117
Chris Paul is the best player in the world at his position. Rondo is what, top 15?

I am not sure people on this board, myself included, realize just how good Chris Paul is. Whenever we see him play it is against the best defense in the NBA.
"All I have to know is, he's my coach, and I follow his lead. He didn't have to say anything in here this week. We all knew what we had to do. He's a big part of our family, and we're like his extended family. And we did what good families do when one of their own is affected." - Teddy Bruschi

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2009, 01:13:05 PM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Chris Paul is the best player in the world at his position. Rondo is what, top 15?

I am not sure people on this board, myself included, realize just how good Chris Paul is. Whenever we see him play it is against the best defense in the NBA.

Imagine how good he would be when you replace West and Peja with KG and Pierce.

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2009, 01:20:12 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Who are the 14-15 pgs better than Rondo? I think your opinion of him is farther off than anyone's opinion of CP3.

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2009, 01:25:20 PM »

Offline acieEarl

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 47

Who are the 14-15 pgs better than Rondo? I think your opinion of him is farther off than anyone's opinion of CP3.

Rondo is the third best PG in the league after Paul and Williams.

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2009, 01:33:47 PM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245
I think the reason the OP included Perk is because he was being realistic. To get CP3 you'd have to offer something really enticing. Without Perk, I see no reason to believe NO would even consider this deal.

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2009, 02:09:25 PM »

Offline woodrow_wilson

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 0
acie earl.  derrick rose is a better player than rondo hands down.  he almost beat him with a weaker supporting cast in his rookie year. 

rondo is a really good point guard but everyone has to calm down with the great/top 3 talk.  he cant shoot and 60% of the time when he drives he has to awkwardly kick out the ball since he doesnt finish well.

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2009, 02:50:29 PM »

Offline silverb

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 16
Hornets are not going to trade CP3...

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2009, 02:59:15 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
I love rondo, but if this trade was on the table I'd drive him to the airport and wish him well.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2009, 03:29:06 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
acie earl.  derrick rose is a better player than rondo hands down.  he almost beat him with a weaker supporting cast in his rookie year. 

rondo is a really good point guard but everyone has to calm down with the great/top 3 talk.  he cant shoot and 60% of the time when he drives he has to awkwardly kick out the ball since he doesnt finish well.

Derick Rose didn't outplay Rondo in the playoffs. Rose got like 19/6/6 with 5 turnovers a game. Rondo got 19/9/12 with 2 turnovers a game.

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2009, 03:35:51 PM »

Offline jimmyt

• Author
  • Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 2500
Why are there so many trade ideas involving CP3? Why would New Orleans trade him? Doesn't make sense for them to do that...

Rondo can't shoot... you can't base you team around a PG who can't shoot... hopefully the Celtics realize that and adjust accordingly

« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2009, 03:50:01 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Why are there so many trade ideas involving CP3? Why would New Orleans trade him? Doesn't make sense for them to do that...

Rondo can't shoot... you can't base you team around a PG who can't shoot... hopefully the Celtics realize that and adjust accordingly

off the top of my head, the spurs, mavericks/nets, and early era jazz beg to differ.

EDIT: oh yea, and the 90's sonics.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion