Author Topic: Rajon Rondo VS Mike Conley + #2 Pick or Gay  (Read 4724 times)

Re: Rajon Rondo VS Mike Conley + #2 Pick or Gay
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2009, 10:26:02 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Conley has been a disappointment and can't hold Rondo's jock.  I don't care where he was drafted.  Being the 4th pick in the draft just means he's overpaid for what you get.     

The question is whether Tyreke Evans is worth the difference.  I don't believe he is.
How can you say he is a bust when he is so young, and his numbers compared to Rondo's numbers at the same age (someone posted them earlier) are better than Rondo's. Does that mean Rondo was a bust at that age?
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

Re: Rajon Rondo VS Mike Conley + #2 Pick
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2009, 10:33:10 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
2 VERY important differences between conley and rondo:

1.  postseason experience.  rondo has been in 3 seven game series, conference championship, and finals.

2.  rondo has gelled with the starters. bringing in a young pg with no experience will take time to develop.  our window is now!

no way i do this deal.
1. When we won the championship Rondo didn't have any experience, it's not like we don't have the vets to guide him.
2. Has Rondo gelled with the starters? If they were really that tight then that would lessen these attitude issues that are going to lead to him being traded.
How much has he really
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2009, 10:36:07 AM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385

1.  postseason experience.  rondo has been in 3 seven game series, conference championship, and finals.

2.  rondo has gelled with the starters. bringing in a young pg with no experience will take time to develop.  our window is now!

no way i do this deal.

i stand by my post

I agree.

Let's also not forget the horrible teams we suffered through the past 15-20 years before we start anointing Gay a future superstar.  Looking back on those 15-20 years should remind everyone that there's an enormous difference between putting up numbers on a bad team and putting up numbers on a good team.  If numbers were a simple barometer of success on a bad team, the likes of Dino Radja, Ron Mercer, and Antoine Walker would be in the Hall of Fame.  Furthermore, guys like J.R. Bremer, Brandon Hunter, and Andrew DeClercq would still be in the league if simply putting up adequate numbers on terrible teams meant anything.  

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2009, 10:39:46 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126

no way i do this deal.
1. When we won the championship Rondo didn't have any experience, it's not like we don't have the vets to guide him.
2. Has Rondo gelled with the starters? If they were really that tight then that would lessen these attitude issues that are going to lead to him being traded.
How much has he really

1.  it was a gamble at the time having rondo run the point with no experience....and luckily it paid off!  so we know exactly what we have, rather than specualting what could be. 

2.  he gelled with the starters on the court, which is what im talking about.  i could care less about reports on attitudes, as long as they are productive on the court, which they were.  if it transfers to the court, i have issues with it, but it hasnt yet (and we dont know if it ever will).

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2009, 12:50:35 PM »

Offline timepiece33

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 78
How can you say he is a bust when he is so young, and his numbers compared to Rondo's numbers at the same age (someone posted them earlier) are better than Rondo's. Does that mean Rondo was a bust at that age?

I said he was a disappointment and hasn't lived up to being a #4 pick.  That was more of a reaction to the guy asking why Memphis would trade a former top 5 pick.   Pretty easy.  The guy hasn't lived up to the billing despite getting significant minutes.  It is easy to compare numbers when Rondo was getting roughly 75% of the minutes at a comparable age.   Also, Rondo has taken the step to the next level as a PG. 

I like Rudy Gay.  Feel he is an athletic wing that can provide value, but he's a backup.

Maybe if you expand it a little bit

To Boston: Baron Davis, Marcus Camby, Rudy Gay, and Memphis's 2nd #1 pick

To LA Clippers: Mike Conley and Ray Allen

To Memphis: Rajon Rondo and Brian Scalabrine

Not sure if I like that deal all that much.

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2009, 01:00:32 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
If you want tradeable assets you do the deal.

If your trying to win next season you keep Rondo.

It's possible that we're still contenders but it's a big risk when breaking apart a proven product.