Author Topic: Funny Draft Story  (Read 2421 times)

Funny Draft Story
« on: June 10, 2009, 06:26:24 PM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669
From Rick Reilly at ESPN.com...

I saw Hasheem Thabeet, the skinny, ever-smiling 7-3 UConn center who figures to go in the top five of the coming NBA draft. I asked him what he thought of the lottery.

"Oh, I was SOOOO happy!" he beamed. "I see that the Los Angeles Clippers win the first pick!"

Why did this make you happy, 'Sheem?

"Because I know this means I do not have to play for them!"

Kid's a quick learner.

Funny stuff from Thabeet haha
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

Re: Funny Draft Story
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 06:40:58 PM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego

I saw Hasheem Thabeet, the skinny, ever-smiling 7-3 UConn center who figures to go in the top five of the coming NBA draft. I asked him what he thought of the lottery.

"Oh, I was SOOOO happy!" he beamed. "I see that the Los Angeles Clippers win the first pick!"

Kid's a quick learner.

That's priceless.  As always, another great HDM find.

Speaking of our commonly enjoyed stories, HDM, in light of certain things going on in Hollywood, is it about time we start calling the validity of our favorite recruiting story into question?   :-\

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 07:08:17 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Haha ... that is funny. I'm liking Thabeet already!

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 07:09:12 PM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669

Kid's a quick learner.

Speaking of our commonly enjoyed stories, HDM, in light of certain things going on in Hollywood, is it about time we start calling the validity of our favorite recruiting story into question?   :-\

-sw

I dunno Steve this was tough news for me to take haha... Stories like that one don't grow on trees and I agree with you it's all in total question right now. At what point do you think I change the sig, or do I leave it as a testament to the incredibly shady nature of college recruiting?
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 09:30:53 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
I'd play for the clippers...happily
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 10:09:07 PM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego

Kid's a quick learner.

-sw

I dunno Steve this was tough news for me to take haha... Stories like that one don't grow on trees and I agree with you it's all in total question right now. At what point do you think I change the sig, or do I leave it as a testament to the incredibly shady nature of college recruiting?

I think we have an out here just because collegiate recruiting seems to be so shady that you can probably hang onto it under the "cautionary tale" exemption.  Or the "Man, that story was awesome, true or otherwise" exemption.  I'm all for keeping it unless you find something absolutely ridiculous as a substitute.

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.