Author Topic: Goran Suton with the 58th?  (Read 5080 times)

Re: Goran Suton with the 58th?
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2009, 07:32:39 PM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245
I'd take a foreigner who's staying overseas for awhile with the 58th pick and just sign whoever you think has a chance to contribute next year as an undrafted FA.

Or if there's someone earlier in the 2nd round that peaks our interest I'd offer the 58th and next yr's 2nd rounder for him.

Re: Goran Suton with the 58th?
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2009, 06:40:23 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
I've seen his name mentioned in two places now:

http://www2.nesn.com/boston-celtics/2009/06/09/cop-a-steal-celtics-hope-to-bolster-depth-with-no-58-pick/?cb

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/other_nba/view/2009_06_07_Danny_Ainge_targets_new_talent/

What do you guys think of Goran Suton?
I remember watching him during the tourney. He's a decent three point shooting big man. He averaged 10 points, 8 boards, and shot almost 44% from the college three.

ha. this makes him sound as if he is the second coming pittsnoogle.

honestly, i have no idea about suton or virtually anyone else ainge will draft at 58.

but, if we look at his history of late second rounders he tends to take forwards more than guards.

FORWARDS
gomes
powe
davis
erden
hunter

GUARDS
greene
pruitt
walker

maybe ainge just thinks that if nothing else, taller guys at least might be able to rebound a little.

so who knows? maybe suton will the guy.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva