Author Topic: "Ray Allen - Mister Clutch", my second mix  (Read 11220 times)

"Ray Allen - Mister Clutch", my second mix
« on: June 09, 2009, 09:25:05 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439

I just finished this mix, my second one, dedicated to Ray Allen, my favorite player. My idea was to make a compilation of Ray's greatest shots (buzzer beater, game winner, clutch shots) with some recent footage, including some shots from his Seattle days.

Once again, I made this mix for my pleasure but also for yours, so I hope that you will appreciate it. I didn't try any impressive technical effects because this is not my strength at all, I've made only two mixes and I do it in an amateur style.

So, all your comments are truly appreciated, to improve my "skills" for the future but first and foremost to see if you appreciate this mix, which is its ultimate goal. I know that there are some audio problems at some points in the mix (the broadcaster comments are too loud) but I hope they doesn't spoil the whole mix.

I tried to put away the drawbacks from my first mix (too long, too many slow mo, not enough rythm and some poor effects). This mix is short (3:21) and it's got a better rythm.

So here it is... maybe it will help some Celtics fans to realize how stupid it would be to trade Ray-Ray. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWnU5dPmpUk

Download link (130 mo) : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2N3UZUSD

Re: "Ray Allen - Mister Clutch", my second mix
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 09:31:04 AM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
can I get a youtube link or something like that?  I might want to post it on the front page at some point
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 09:34:51 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
Is this embedding code OK for the front page?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWnU5dPmpUk"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWnU5dPmpUk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

You must add the "h" of "http" in order to embed the video (I erased the "h" because otherwise it would have shown the video in the html code).

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 09:40:07 AM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
thanks - I'll look at it later and hopefully post it sometime soon
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009, 09:49:20 AM »

Offline silvershamrocker

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Believe In The Sleeve
Thanks Drucci.

I have been reminded how much I love Ray Allen. People always say they'd rather have Kobe Bryant than anyone else to take the last shot to win the game, but I say, give me Ray Allen.

"It will be fun watching the Lakers get those balloons down one at a time." - Bill Russell

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2009, 09:49:28 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
TP for an amazing video.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2009, 10:05:33 PM »

Offline Gomesfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 102
Nice!!
L.A. Clippers
Derrick Rose Blake Griffin 4.11 5.3 5.15 6.11 7.15 8.11 9.15 10.11 11.15 12.11 13.15

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2009, 10:59:47 PM »

Offline NBAJ2K

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 12
TP from me as well. just an awesome mix. We can't let Ray go.  He's been so clutch for us.

~J

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2009, 06:02:23 PM »

Offline christuffa

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 70
  • The Sniper
Incredible mix champ. Well done.

TP

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2009, 03:31:13 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
Bump! Since there aren't any Celtics news these days, I thought the mix could entertain some fans searching for some new Celtics stuff. :P

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2009, 04:25:53 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
TP Drucci... Great mix.. Thankyou very much for making it(especially on a day like today with no Celtics News)...

But you say it would be stupid to trade Ray... and don't get me wrong here Ray is one of my favorite players  ever and my brothers favorite of all time but if we could get a deal say with Sacramento for Kevin Martin and Andres Nocioni like said in the comments of the fanpost Jeff made today "Which Ray Allen Will Show Up?" I would hope the Celtics would do it in a heart- beat... 

So what I'm saying is that I WOULD LOVE FOR RAY TO RETIRE AS A CELTIC but if there is a trade out there that would help benefit our team in which we had to give up Ray I would be all in favor for Danny to do it if it will make the team beter.
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2009, 04:57:25 PM »

Offline Global Celtic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 84
Ray Allen is:

... the purest shooter that ever played the game;

... one of the best clutch players in the league (Paul is also on that list);

... a class act.

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2009, 07:33:29 PM »

Offline Prof. Clutch

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 237
  • Mind Games
Great job Drucci.  Loved the choice of music.  This was really fun.  TP.

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2009, 08:37:01 PM »

Offline bucknersrevenge

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 170

I just finished this mix, my second one, dedicated to Ray Allen, my favorite player. My idea was to make a compilation of Ray's greatest shots (buzzer beater, game winner, clutch shots) with some recent footage, including some shots from his Seattle days.

Once again, I made this mix for my pleasure but also for yours, so I hope that you will appreciate it. I didn't try any impressive technical effects because this is not my strength at all, I've made only two mixes and I do it in an amateur style.

So, all your comments are truly appreciated, to improve my "skills" for the future but first and foremost to see if you appreciate this mix, which is its ultimate goal. I know that there are some audio problems at some points in the mix (the broadcaster comments are too loud) but I hope they doesn't spoil the whole mix.

I tried to put away the drawbacks from my first mix (too long, too many slow mo, not enough rythm and some poor effects). This mix is short (3:21) and it's got a better rythm.

So here it is... maybe it will help some Celtics fans to realize how stupid it would be to trade Ray-Ray. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWnU5dPmpUk

Download link (130 mo) : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2N3UZUSD

Nicely done sir! LOVE the choice of music. You're wrong about the announcer comments. I didn't find them to be too loud at all. I thought they came in at just the right time. Only thing that could've made it better is hearing Gorman's call of the Charlotte shot. I love Gorman on game winners. Otherwise, thank sir. May I have another?   ;D
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity...

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2009, 08:56:09 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
TP Great job. Celebrating a true Celtic. No Ray, No KG, No #17