Author Topic: C's interested in acquiring the second pick?  (Read 60887 times)

Re: C's interested in aquiring the second pick?
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2009, 09:38:32 AM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
Is the great Rubio the reason why KG guaranteed two titles?

« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2009, 09:46:49 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Is the great Rubio the reason why KG guaranteed two titles?

I think that has more to do with assuming his owner isn't a twitter idiot who will immediately leak a private convo to the press via txt message  ;)
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2009, 09:49:35 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Feeler sent out by Ainge but I don't anything coming from this. 

Short and too the point.  TP. 

I think we will be hearing a lot of these rumors that amount to no more than a call made by either Danny or the other GM, with a friendly chuckle for a response before they both hang up. 

And of course it benefits both teams by these "rumors" leaking out, because it will increase interest in both teams assets if other teams thinks they may be coming off the table.

« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2009, 09:50:47 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I think if Danny did talk to Chris Wallace it was more about the 27th pick in the draft than the second. In fact i think if Danny didn't talk to Wallace about the 27th pick, he wouldn't be doing his job.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2009, 10:06:16 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Word aapp!
I think if Danny did talk to Chris Wallace it was more about the 27th pick in the draft than the second. In fact i think if Danny didn't talk to Wallace about the 27th pick, he wouldn't be doing his job.

If he didnt talk to Memphis about the second he isn't doing his job, either.

But if there is anything to this rumor, I hope Danny knows something we don't and knows LA wants Rubio over Griffin. Or is at least planning to trade Rubio for Griffen, hopefully without moving Rajon. Maybe Perkins is involved in talks?

« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2009, 10:11:12 AM »

Offline kw10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 49
  • KG is da Man
I don't see how giving up Rondo and getting Rubio would be better for us in the short term, and yes I think we should be focusing on the shortterm right now, especially when Rondo isn't that old anyway, so it's not THAT much better in the future, if at all...

The only trades with Memphis that I am interested in now involves Marc Gasol.
Anything is possible!!!

« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2009, 10:13:36 AM »

Offline thebirdman

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 31
Doesn`t make much sense. Maybe something like:

Rondo+TA for Conley+2nd pick

And Danny would then draft Harden...

« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2009, 10:16:12 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870
Nowhere in the rumor was Rondo mentioned but if you assume that it is a way to get this done, then the Celtics only do it if they have a veteran replacement lined up.  Rondo was a liability in the playoffs.  He does some things very well but the lack of a shot really fouls up the offense and makes it easy for teams play team defense against us.  I could see them trading Rondo but only if they have a good solid veteran lined up.

I don't know if Rubio is the next Cousey or not.  I like Theebet also.  This pick for Rondo maybe is worth exploring but only if you have a veteran PG absolutely committed.

« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2009, 10:18:38 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
Nowhere in the rumor was Rondo mentioned but if you assume that it is a way to get this done, then the Celtics only do it if they have a veteran replacement lined up.  Rondo was a liability in the playoffs.  He does some things very well but the lack of a shot really fouls up the offense and makes it easy for teams play team defense against us.  I could see them trading Rondo but only if they have a good solid veteran lined up.

I don't know if Rubio is the next Cousey or not.  I like Theebet also.  This pick for Rondo maybe is worth exploring but only if you have a veteran PG absolutely committed.

I agree, they would not trade Rondo for a pick, unless they had already looked at signing someone like Bibby, Kidd, or Miller with the MLE.

But I just don't see the C's trading up to take Rubio.  Perhaps Harden, or hoping they can find a way to get Griffin, but I just can't see Rubio being the guy.

« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2009, 10:25:40 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

Rondo was the only reason we didn't get embaresed by the bulls and sent home in the first round.

He's inconsistant yes, and thats a big concern if it continues over the next year or so as he gets more experiance, but to label his playoff preformance a liability? pure overraction based on the season ending earlier than we wanted.

Which is in itself an overreaction, we were going no where without KG. Our front court is not talented enough offensivly without KG and powe to expect to advance deep into the playoffs against teams like ORL and CLE who can load up against piece and allen and make perk and baby try to beat them.

To perk and baby's credit, they did that 3 times in the orlando series, but in the end they are just not talented enough to push the issue offensivly and free up ray and paul.

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2009, 10:26:00 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

But if there is anything to this rumor, I hope Danny knows something we don't and knows LA wants Rubio over Griffin. Or is at least planning to trade Rubio for Griffen, hopefully without moving Rajon. Maybe Perkins is involved in talks?

Asking a girl what her boyfriend does for a living (which implicitly lets you find out whether or not she has a boyfriend) is a lot different then asking her out to dinner.

I don't think Danny put a firm offer out on the second overall, I do however think he probably knows what wallaca wants in return for the 27th overall.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2009, 10:26:09 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Word aapp!
I don't think it will happen, but if a three way with LA and Memphis went down where we got Griffin and kept Rondo would anyone be willing to take Randolph back? He could potentially be bought out for a lot of money or swung to Cleveland for Ben Wallace's contract.

« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2009, 10:31:23 AM »

Offline EDWARDO

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 93
I'll go on record as saying I'd prefer Rubio and Gay to Rondo and Allen (plus whatever filler is needed, but, please, let's not pretend that getting Milicic would be a benefit - the guy blows). That's for next year and certainly for years to come. I've got definite concerns about Rondo and I think Rubio could be special. Ainge is a bold dude. Rubio is a dominant player in the second best league in the world, yes, better than NCAA D1. He may not be a great shooter, but I've got much more faith in him developing that aspect of his game than Rondo.

« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2009, 10:32:12 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson

Asking a girl what her boyfriend does for a living (which implicitly lets you find out whether or not she has a boyfriend) is a lot different then asking her out to dinner.

I don't think Danny put a firm offer out on the second overall, I do however think he probably knows what wallaca wants in return for the 27th overall.

Agreed.  Although in the process, I am sure he found out what Wallace wants in return for the #2, Rudy Gay, OJ Mayo, and any other asset that the Grizzlies have...and I am sure you can say this about just about every other team in the league.  

In fact, I am sure Danny and Chris Wallace had a nice conversation while in Italy this past weekend, that probably included them both throwing out offers and laughing about it.  It doesn't mean anything was ever anywhere close to happening though.

« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2009, 10:45:10 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Rondo was far from a liability in the playoffs.