Author Topic: C's interested in acquiring the second pick?  (Read 60859 times)

Re: C's interested in aquiring the second pick?
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2009, 08:43:45 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Nothing to this rumour

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2009, 08:45:51 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1617
  • What a Pub Should Be
Feeler sent out by Ainge but I don't anything coming from this. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2009, 08:47:28 AM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
I suppose this could make sense from Ainge's perspective if: 1) he's convinced Rubio is a future all-star; 2) he's convinced that Rubio could competently lead a team right now; 3) he's got serious concerns about Rondo's attitude and shooting ability; and 4) he's convinced that Rondo is going to sign a huge deal in restricted free agency next summer.

Under those very specific circumstances, I can see the Celtics dealing Rondo for Rubio and probably an additional piece. 

Tony + Rondo for Gay + Rubio?  That's probably too much from Memphis' perspective.

well MEM does have two not so good contracts (Jaric and Buckner).

How about:

Mem gets:

Baby
Scals
TA
Ray
Rondo

Cs get:

Gay
Jaric
Buckner
Milicic

no idea on salaries.

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2009, 08:48:45 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I suppose this could make sense from Ainge's perspective if: 1) he's convinced Rubio is a future all-star; 2) he's convinced that Rubio could competently lead a team right now; 3) he's got serious concerns about Rondo's attitude and shooting ability; and 4) he's convinced that Rondo is going to sign a huge deal in restricted free agency next summer.

Under those very specific circumstances, I can see the Celtics dealing Rondo for Rubio and probably an additional piece. 

Tony + Rondo for Gay + Rubio?  That's probably too much from Memphis' perspective.

How about:

Mem gets:

Baby
Scals
TA
Ray
Rondo

Cs get:

Gay
Jaric
Buckner
Milicic

no idea on salaries.

I wouldn't give up Ray and Rondo for Rubio and Gay, let alone take back the terrible players.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2009, 08:52:20 AM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas

How about:

Mem gets:

Baby
Scals
TA
Ray
Rondo

Cs get:

Gay
Jaric
Buckner
Milicic

no idea on salaries.

I wouldn't give up Ray and Rondo for Rubio and Gay, let alone take back the terrible players.

Well Milicic we could probably get something out of....at least till Leon came back. What if Warrick was inserted instead of Buckner.

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2009, 08:56:05 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural

How about:

Mem gets:

Baby
Scals
TA
Ray
Rondo

Cs get:

Gay
Jaric
Buckner
Milicic

no idea on salaries.

Well Milicic we could probably get something out of....at least till Leon came back. What if Warrick was inserted instead of Buckner.

I think Darko is terrible; I wouldn't take him for free.

I like Warrick okay, but he's a restricted free agent, I believe.  Even if he were added via S & T somehow, that still downgrades our team from last season, I think.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2009, 08:57:36 AM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
to me, this confirms/reaffirms a few things:

1. Memphis is not super excited about Thabeet.

2. They are worried about Rubio's willingness to play for them.

3. Danny LOVES the draft.

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2009, 09:03:04 AM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas

How about:

Mem gets:

Baby
Scals
TA
Ray
Rondo

Cs get:

Gay
Jaric
Buckner
Milicic

no idea on salaries.

I think Darko is terrible; I wouldn't take him for free.

I like Warrick okay, but he's a restricted free agent, I believe.  Even if he were added via S & T somehow, that still downgrades our team from last season, I think.

No I agree, Milicic is nothing great. but if we were still able to get Leon back and sign a Dice/Sheed, I think he could handle some minutes.

for me, though, I think I'm higher on Rudy. He plays good D. He runs the floor well, spreads the floor and can take it to the rim. He's a really nice player. much better than i thought he would be coming out of college.

It all depends on how high Danny is on Rubio, really....pretty huge gamble though considering how good we know Rondo is.

« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2009, 09:06:30 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
for me, though, I think I'm higher on Rudy. He plays good D. He runs the floor well, spreads the floor and can take it to the rim. He's a really nice player. much better than i thought he would be coming out of college.

I like Rudy a lot.  However, last season he played *terrible* D and looked lost playing next to Mayo (trust me, I tracked him because I took him in our Celticsblog draft, and would have been trumping his successes if there were any).

I'd love to have him, but I wouldn't trade Rondo and Ray for him and an unknown point guard.  We'd essentially be punting the season, and we'd be hurting our salary cap next year, too.

« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2009, 09:11:32 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

I like Rudy a lot.  However, last season he played *terrible* D and looked lost playing next to Mayo (trust me, I tracked him because I took him in our Celticsblog draft, and would have been trumping his successes if there were any).

I'd love to have him, but I wouldn't trade Rondo and Ray for him and an unknown point guard.  We'd essentially be punting the season, and we'd be hurting our salary cap next year, too.
I don't think Ray makes a ton of sense going to Memphis, they don't need to shed contracts badly enough. However if the deal became a three team trade then things could change quickly.

But those sorts of trades are always very difficult to pull off.

« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2009, 09:19:10 AM »

Offline pengaloo

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 76
Doc wants us to get older, not younger.. It's not even about talent. It's about maturity, setting an example in the locker room, etc. I don't see how Rubio or Rudy are going to help us in that respect because we'd just be getting younger.

« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2009, 09:20:04 AM »

Offline Actionjakson

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 25
I dont know how this trade could work. I would no be in favor of getting rid of Rondo for a rookie point from spain. My idea would be Ray and Rondo and maybe a future first for Gay, Conely, and the #2. I doubt Memphis would do it, and i dont no if salaries match, but thats what i would want. then, with the #2 pick we could take Thabeet. We get a point, a wing, and a big. However, Paul would have to play the 2, and idk how that would work. I just cant see this trade actually going through
“We don't see ourselves as four All-Stars. We see ourselves as one unit. It's like five fingers on a hand. You can do more damage together as a fist than spread out flat.”
- Rasheed Wallace

« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2009, 09:26:43 AM »

Offline DeStefano2004

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 1
  • I cant wait to NOT watch "Kobe Doin work"
This really makes no sense to me. I mean who are we gonna give them. Rondo? From what ive read about Rubio it looks like he cant shoot the ball either. It doesnt make much sense at all. Now if you said Ainge was trying to aquire Griffin then wed really be in buisness.
Practice?...I mean...we talking about..Practice..not even like a game...but...practice

« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2009, 09:28:02 AM »

Offline Galiza Ceive

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 12
Although I love Rubio,the Celtics already have the PG of their future in Rondo and I wouldnt change totally the roster by trading Rondo, Ray... because we lost against Orlando without KG.

I would be fine if Ainge can draft someone late in the first round who can be a decent back up at SF or C.

« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2009, 09:37:53 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Could this be because Clippers are planning on picking Rubio?

It`s not like they haven`t made decisions before !