Author Topic: The Total Celtic Solution  (Read 7803 times)

Re: The Total Celtic Solution
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2009, 08:37:08 AM »

Offline bobdelt

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 26
Instead of Antoine, can't we just do a sign and trade with BBD for Kevin McHale? I heard he's on the trading block in MN?

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2009, 08:38:56 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Antoine is NOT retired. An Nba source recently found out that he's in the best shape in years and ready to make a return to the league.
Rasheed Wallace has said he wants to make 8mil a year or he'll retire. He won't go to Cleveland. He could come to Boston and earn another ring.
Tim Thomas wants to play and has also said he wants to play in Boston. He didn't play a single minute in the playoffs as his trade to Chicago was merely a salary dump/exchange. He can be bought out. As for having 6Sfs, its good b/c most of them are all versatile enough to cover multiple positions. AND having Antoine play Sf and Sheed play C off the bench does work b/c that means they play OTHER teams' bench positions. How many teams in the NBA really have exceedingly great backups at any position. All and All I think this would work out greatly, specially with backup options of Grant Hill and other free agents that could be signed

I watched Joes v. Pros last night. I don't know when it was shot, but 'Toine was fat, slow, and tossing up bricks.  Pass.

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2009, 09:12:16 AM »

Offline bobdelt

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 26
Who is the NBA source? Antoine's agent?

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2009, 09:14:37 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
'Sheed would have his hands full as the backline of defense with Marbury, Crawford, Antoine, and Tim Thomas.

I'd call that line-up the "Isiah Thomas Special"

If you're going to have that group, shouldn't you try and add Mark Blount? Ricky Davis? KG might stop coming to practice if he saw that group on the court.
I think he'd go into Ainge's office and assume the mantle of GM by force after that series of moves. Ray and Pierce would be the look outs.

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2009, 09:30:21 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
'Sheed would have his hands full as the backline of defense with Marbury, Crawford, Antoine, and Tim Thomas.

I'd call that line-up the "Isiah Thomas Special"

If you're going to have that group, shouldn't you try and add Mark Blount? Ricky Davis? KG might stop coming to practice if he saw that group on the court.
I think he'd go into Ainge's office and assume the mantle of GM by force after that series of moves. Ray and Pierce would be the look outs.

As an Ainge supporter, KG would have my full support when he did.

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2009, 03:19:13 PM »

Offline Weediam

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 6
  • Anything is possiblllleeeee!!!!!
To fill the voids in the team, here are the trades and pick ups

Sign and Trade BBD(6-7mil), Tony Allen, Pruitt and Giddens to Golden State for
Jamaal Crawford
Sign Rasheed Wallace for full MLE for 2years
Sign Tim Thomas, Antoine Walker,Marbury and Grant Hill for veteran min

Rondo, Marbury,
RAllen, Crawford, House
Pierce, Antoine, Hill, Billwalker
KG, Powe, TThomas
Perkins, Rasheed, Scal

We get all the size we need in Sheed,Thomas and Antoine.
We add in a great SG to back up Ray in Crawford(or have Crawford start)

Even though the team would be an older team, it would be a team of mostly proven players and vets ready to win a championship. The Spurs did it more than once, so dont count this team out so fast.

I'm sorry man...this is disgusting.  My reasons why:

-I don't know what you people see in Rasheed Wallace...he is everything the Celtics are NOT about.  He provides no interior offense, has lacked effort in his last years in Detroit, he's not hungry because he's been through his big contract/championship runs with Detroit, he is the Tech KING, just the ultimate "me" first attitude that I would hate to see on this team.
-Since when is Tim Thomas a valuable veteran? He's another guy who just goes through the motions, bouncing from team to team, each team hoping he lives up to his potential. When he came in for the Bulls this postseason, I got happy inside knowing they put a lesser player on the court.  He is not a good defender, and has potential to be a three shooter, thats IT.  He does not make this team better.
-Jamaal Crawford????  This guy's shot selection might be as bad as Toine's was, and he would need some big convincing from our Vets and Doc to play for the team first.  He has a street baller-like style, which doesnt fit too well on this team, as we saw with Marbury.  Personally, anyone who has been in NY for a decent amount of time acquires some kind of basketball cancer that is though to rid, the atmosphere over there is polar opposite of the Celtic's.
-I like pickup up Toine, but only if hes a 3rd string.  We can't rely on him to be our main backup big.  We havnt seen him play in over a year, which was the case with Marbury, who had CLEAR rust that needs time to be shaken.  I'd give him a shot, only for cheap money and a 3rd string.
-Hill is the only solid pickup on here.  He'd be a good backup for Pierce, but I'm also concerned about his age and quickness on defense.

Sorry to be so negative....but that just doesn't look a like a CELTIC team.

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2009, 11:14:22 PM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
I see so many comments to shut down my idea and other realistic ones

But at what point does any1 in this blog make another idea, instead of shooting everything down...oooo i get it. We either want a team of allstars, or worthless happy clowns

The only trades I see unanimously accepted are trades of Scal, Tony Allen and Giddens for Lebron. Its ridiculous.

Let the Celtics and Danny Ainge ruin the time left in the Big 3's game as its in a steady decline, and we'll pick up more Mikki Moores. Then we'll pick up Willie Green now. Bring on in Greg Buckner and Miceal Doleac.

Why does ever thread have to include smart ash comments about going ahead and signing Blount, Davis and Gerald Green. Oh , and Kevin Mchale now. Lets just bring in Larry Bird..hahhahh... :-\ Gezz fellas. If you're going to dog everything posted, then take the time and think of something of your own that makes sense..MAKES SENSE
Can't stop, Rondo!

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2009, 12:14:18 AM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
see, i would take greg buckner,willie green and even michael doleac over antoine or tim thomas.

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2009, 11:48:20 AM »

Offline paintitgreen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 154

But at what point does any1 in this blog make another idea, instead of shooting everything down...oooo i get it. We either want a team of allstars, or worthless happy clowns

The only trades I see unanimously accepted are trades of Scal, Tony Allen and Giddens for Lebron. Its ridiculous.

Let the Celtics and Danny Ainge ruin the time left in the Big 3's game as its in a steady decline, and we'll pick up more Mikki Moores. Then we'll pick up Willie Green now. Bring on in Greg Buckner and Miceal Doleac.

Why does ever thread have to include smart ash comments about going ahead and signing Blount, Davis and Gerald Green. Oh , and Kevin Mchale now. Lets just bring in Larry Bird..hahhahh... :-\ Gezz fellas. If you're going to dog everything posted, then take the time and think of something of your own that makes sense..MAKES SENSE

While I think you're being a little oversensitive, I'll throw you a bone and say I'd rather comment on and consider a realistic scenario like this than a completely unrealistic one that brings in superstars for nothing. And I try to save my venom for those types of deals. That said, bringing Antoine into things puts you off to a bad start.
Go Celtics.

« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2009, 11:29:23 PM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87

While I think you're being a little oversensitive, I'll throw you a bone and say I'd rather comment on and consider a realistic scenario like this than a completely unrealistic one that brings in superstars for nothing. And I try to save my venom for those types of deals. That said, bringing Antoine into things puts you off to a bad start.

Seriously. TP for your honesty and intelligence. I was worked up at the moment. I stopped blogging as much b/c I got tired of seeing ridiculous trades. I made this thread PRIOR to seeing Pros vs Joes. I wont completely judge Antoine on the whole thing, but the start was terrible, BUT he was shooting very flat footed like most ppl do when you dont try. I was excited to hear that he was supposedly in great shape, and the show DID NOT make him look fat. He looked half the size that he did from Memphis. I'd prefer to see him play some minutes this summer and see what the big 3 etc see what's left.
But the rest of my pickups made logical sense, with nothing being super stupid ridiculous. Tim Thomas might suck on Defense, but Ray Allen was never heard of being a great defender. Its team D, and they could all play. No one could expect to get an Allstar Rasheed Wallace, but a Sheed that can hit a 3 or spread the floor, and post up and bang for rebounds and contest shots...why not. Unfortunately there aren't alot of youthful options out there for us to be greedy. We can't trade Tony Allen and Scalabrine for Kevin Durant and Jeff Green. Oh well. Thx again paintitgreen
Can't stop, Rondo!

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2009, 01:48:55 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Seriously. TP for your honesty and intelligence. I was worked up at the moment. I stopped blogging as much b/c I got tired of seeing ridiculous trades. I made this thread PRIOR to seeing Pros vs Joes. I wont completely judge Antoine on the whole thing, but the start was terrible, BUT he was shooting very flat footed like most ppl do when you dont try. I was excited to hear that he was supposedly in great shape, and the show DID NOT make him look fat. He looked half the size that he did from Memphis. I'd prefer to see him play some minutes this summer and see what the big 3 etc see what's left.
But the rest of my pickups made logical sense, with nothing being super stupid ridiculous. Tim Thomas might suck on Defense, but Ray Allen was never heard of being a great defender. Its team D, and they could all play. No one could expect to get an Allstar Rasheed Wallace, but a Sheed that can hit a 3 or spread the floor, and post up and bang for rebounds and contest shots...why not. Unfortunately there aren't alot of youthful options out there for us to be greedy. We can't trade Tony Allen and Scalabrine for Kevin Durant and Jeff Green. Oh well. Thx again paintitgreen
Way too over-sensitive.

Suggesting ideas isn't the problem, it's whether they're sensible.  Personally, I don't happen to think this is a sensible idea in its entirety.

I'm okay with Sheed and Hill.  Hill should not be counted on to be the primary wing though and I wouldn't want to pay him more than the vet min.  That may be unrealistic that he'd take that little.
I originally wanted Sheed as the primary backup for KG and Perk since he can play both PF and C but after reading some other posts, I think we could do better by getting Mcdyess for less money (and no motivation needed) and using the remaining MLE or LLE on a back up Center.  Whichever's left of the MLE or LLE, use on a vet PG -- maybe Kidd feels like a title shot as a backup. 

The rest I'll pass on.
Crawford, Thomas and Antoine will not improve the team. 

I like the idea of moving the expiring deals for someone that can contribute but I think the better player to shoot -- that is still being realistic -- is Nocioni, not Crawford.  A better player with versatility and a much better team attitude.

With those moves, the bench is primarily Mcdyess, Nocioni, Hill, House, Kidd and a backup Center with Walker still developing.  For that matter, with House, Hill is a luxury and we may be able to pick up a 3rd true PG or better yet another Center for the bench instead.

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2009, 02:32:29 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Rondo  Miller Pruitt
Allen  House  Giddens
Pierce XXX    Walker
KG     Camby  Powe
Perk   thomas camby (and a 15555 drafted player)
I am pretty sure this gives u 18
u can change thomas and birdman in your dreams but it will work too
ohh well
late night
glorious dreams
banner dreams
i can be happy with

rondo miller
ray   house
pierce my little sister
kg    powe
perk  dice
fully healthy

saludos

e.r.
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2009, 11:35:27 AM »

Offline youcanthandlethetruth113

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 153
Antoine is NOT retired. An Nba source recently found out that he's in the best shape in years and ready to make a return to the league.
Rasheed Wallace has said he wants to make 8mil a year or he'll retire. He won't go to Cleveland. He could come to Boston and earn another ring.
Tim Thomas wants to play and has also said he wants to play in Boston. He didn't play a single minute in the playoffs as his trade to Chicago was merely a salary dump/exchange. He can be bought out. As for having 6Sfs, its good b/c most of them are all versatile enough to cover multiple positions. AND having Antoine play Sf and Sheed play C off the bench does work b/c that means they play OTHER teams' bench positions. How many teams in the NBA really have exceedingly great backups at any position. All and All I think this would work out greatly, specially with backup options of Grant Hill and other free agents that could be signed

I watched Joes v. Pros last night. I don't know when it was shot, but 'Toine was fat, slow, and tossing up bricks.  Pass.

Joe's Vs. Pro's is still on television?

Which station and at what time?
"Perk is not an alley-oop guy" - Tommy Heinson - Feb 27th 2008 vs. Cleveland