Author Topic: The Total Celtic Solution  (Read 7805 times)

The Total Celtic Solution
« on: June 08, 2009, 05:01:19 PM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
To fill the voids in the team, here are the trades and pick ups

Sign and Trade BBD(6-7mil), Tony Allen, Pruitt and Giddens to Golden State for
Jamaal Crawford
Sign Rasheed Wallace for full MLE for 2years
Sign Tim Thomas, Antoine Walker,Marbury and Grant Hill for veteran min

Rondo, Marbury,
RAllen, Crawford, House
Pierce, Antoine, Hill, Billwalker
KG, Powe, TThomas
Perkins, Rasheed, Scal

We get all the size we need in Sheed,Thomas and Antoine.
We add in a great SG to back up Ray in Crawford(or have Crawford start)

Even though the team would be an older team, it would be a team of mostly proven players and vets ready to win a championship. The Spurs did it more than once, so dont count this team out so fast.
Can't stop, Rondo!

Re: The Total Celtic Solution
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 05:24:04 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
Is Antoine in any kind of shape to even play pick-up ball at this point?  I see what you are trying to do...but...  :-\

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 05:32:10 PM »

Offline Coach

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 109
This gives us 6 power forwards.  Just because you listed Antoine at the 3, and Rasheed and Scal at 5, doesn't mean they can play there!

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 05:40:38 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Not Bad. Glad to see It doesn't involve ray.

BBD 4 Crawford makes sense, and Walker coming back. But TT is still on Chicago's payroll for next season, and Sheed is going to end up with Cavs where he will be starting & getting paid more. I think you should drop thomas & sheed and replace them with Mcdyess & nesterovic.

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 05:44:41 PM »

Offline paintitgreen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 154
Antoine's retired. When you start doing Pros v. Joes, your career is over. Tim Thomas is under contract. I love the idea of Sheed, I just don't see why he'd come here for the MLE to back up KG and Perk when he could go to San Antonio or Cleveland for the same money (not more - all those teams have only the MLE) and start. However, he can play center. With Perk, Wallace and Garnett, all our minutes at the 4 and 5 would be set when they're healthy, and we'd only need deep bench (Powe, Scalabrine, and one more guy who can play the 5 would do it).

If we could get Sheed, other pieces would fall into place. I'm not huge on Crawford, but that S&T would be worth it. Why, though, would G State want Davis when he can't fit into their uptempo system? I understand Hill, but still think we are more in need of an option at the 3/4 spot. Good post though.
Go Celtics.

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 06:47:09 PM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
Antoine is NOT retired. An Nba source recently found out that he's in the best shape in years and ready to make a return to the league.
Rasheed Wallace has said he wants to make 8mil a year or he'll retire. He won't go to Cleveland. He could come to Boston and earn another ring.
Tim Thomas wants to play and has also said he wants to play in Boston. He didn't play a single minute in the playoffs as his trade to Chicago was merely a salary dump/exchange. He can be bought out. As for having 6Sfs, its good b/c most of them are all versatile enough to cover multiple positions. AND having Antoine play Sf and Sheed play C off the bench does work b/c that means they play OTHER teams' bench positions. How many teams in the NBA really have exceedingly great backups at any position. All and All I think this would work out greatly, specially with backup options of Grant Hill and other free agents that could be signed
Can't stop, Rondo!

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2009, 07:13:33 PM »

Offline Thruthelookingglass

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 133
Is Antoine in any kind of shape to even play pick-up ball at this point?  I see what you are trying to do...but...  :-\

I think we'd sign 'toine to because of his versatility.  He's the only one who has the size to play the 4 and 5 simultaneously.

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2009, 07:31:37 PM »

Offline SoulHonky

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 3
'Sheed would have his hands full as the backline of defense with Marbury, Crawford, Antoine, and Tim Thomas.
The Rondomino Effect @ www.soulhonky.com

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2009, 12:18:48 AM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
Too much hate towards any realistic ideas. We all want to win championships but we all somehow want a dream team of angelic allstars with clean backgrounds. Players will step up to win a ring.

The bench is hardly ever out there all at once. Unless its a 20-30 point blow out, 2-3 starters would be out there with the bench crew. Giving Marbury a 2nd chance with the team, plus a full summer, preseason etc, I think he'll be great. More confident too.
Can't stop, Rondo!

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2009, 12:26:57 AM »

Offline DeStefano2004

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 1
  • I cant wait to NOT watch "Kobe Doin work"
about Antoine being in shape... I did just watch him on Pros vs. Joes and not only did he look like he belonged in your local YMCA 40 plus league, but it looked like he made a donut run in between each commercial. 
Practice?...I mean...we talking about..Practice..not even like a game...but...practice

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2009, 12:34:37 AM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245
'Sheed would have his hands full as the backline of defense with Marbury, Crawford, Antoine, and Tim Thomas.

I'd call that line-up the "Isiah Thomas Special"

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2009, 01:31:00 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

Jamaal Crawford

Rondo, Marbury,
RAllen, Crawford, House
KG, Powe, TThomas
Perkins, Rasheed, Scal

Even though the team would be an older team, it would be a team of mostly proven players and vets ready to win a championship. The Spurs did it more than once, so dont count this team out so fast.
That'd be cool for all except Walker. I just saw him on Pro's vs Joe's. I don't think he's nba ready right now.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2009, 02:09:32 AM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228

Jamaal Crawford

Rondo, Marbury,
RAllen, Crawford, House
KG, Powe, TThomas
Perkins, Rasheed, Scal

That'd be cool for all except Walker. I just saw him on Pro's vs Joe's. I don't think he's nba ready right now.

So which team was Antoine on, the Pro's or the Joe's? Okay, all kidding aside, there is no way Antone would be ahead of Grant Hill on the depth chart. I realize Antoine has a lot of nostalgic fans around here, and I wouldn't be opposed to throwing the guy a bone like we did for Miles; however, at this point in his career, we just can't guarantee him money or a roster spot. 

I like the idea of trading for Crawford. But Nellie wouldn't have any interest in Davis, who is an undersized power forward with limited athletic ability. Our best bet would be if Golden State really wanted to save money, so we could send Scal, TA, Giddens, and cash for Crawford. Would that be enough to get it done? Probably not. But I can't see there being much of a market for Crawford. So anything is possible.

I'm not terribly interested in Sheed or Thomas. I see both as chronic slackers, especially Thomas. Sheed on the other hand, whether he wants to believe it or not, has lost it. Marbury, in my opinion, has played his last days in Boston. Let's just end this circus before he infects our team. Don't think it won't happen because it will. With that being said, Marbury's head isn't even my main concern, the guy just can't ball anymore, and it's time to cut him loose.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 02:26:21 AM by KungPoweChicken »

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2009, 07:44:02 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

I'd call that line-up the "Isiah Thomas Special"

If you're going to have that group, shouldn't you try and add Mark Blount? Ricky Davis? KG might stop coming to practice if he saw that group on the court.

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2009, 07:51:11 AM »

Offline EDWARDO

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 93
If you are trying to ruin the vibe of the best chemistry team in the NBA, nice job. Even Isiah might blush at this one. I wonder if all the cancers assembled on one team would somehow all cancel each other out or you would have just created the Swine Flu of NBA teams? Truly terrible ideas.