Author Topic: List of 18 NBA Players I would consider trading Rondo for  (Read 5089 times)

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
I am not looking to trade Rondo, I love the kid. I just thought I'd put together a list of players that would have to be involved for Rondo straight up. If the celtics are going to trade a proven championship 22 year old PG , who has the potential to average a triple double for a season this is what I am going to need in return.

1) Has to be young , every player on the list is 28 or younger
2) Has to be or has to have the potential to be on multiple
   All Star teams
3) Has to have the potential to be very good- great on both
   sides of the ball

So heres the list!

1) Lebron James(24 Years old) - Best Athelete and eventually best player in the NBA . Already been to the Finals

Would you trade Rondo for him? Yes

2) Dwayne  Wade (27 years old) - Already has 1 ring , still only 27 years old, can go against Lebron for the next 8 years

3) Dwight Howard (23 years old)- Dominant Defensive Big Man, 2 time NBA All Defensive Team, 2nd most atheletic player in the leauge behind Lebron. Has potential to be Dominant on offense too. Just needs to add a few low post moves to his game. Already made it to the NBA Finals

4) Kevin Durant  (20 yrs old) -Absolute STUD already on the offensive end of the floor , Avg'd 25 PPG in his second year while shooting 42% from 3 Point land. I think Durant may turn out to be the best player on this list when all is said and done and that is saying A LOT

5) Carmelo Anythony (25 years old) - Finally blossomed into a complete player in the 08-09 season. Is on his way to becoming the next Paul Pierce . Superstar just about to enter his prime years

6) Chris Paul (24 years old) - Carrer Averages of 19.5 PPG, 10APG, 5 RPG and 2.5 SPG. He is also has been on the NBA
All Defensive 1st team 2 times in his 4 seasons. He is probably the only PG in the league that I would trade Rondo straight up for.

7)   Brandon Roy (24 years old) Already made the All Star team 2 times, is going to be a stud go to scorer for the next 10+ years. Seems to come up Clutch at the end of games.

Would you trade Rondo for him? Maybe

8)  Amare Stoudamire (26 years old) Career averages of 21PPG ,9 RPG, 1.5 BPG. He is probably a top 5 low post scorer in the NBA. Hasn't seemed to have had any health problems in the last 3 years besides the freak injury to his eye.

Would you trade Rondo for him? Maybe

9) Danny Granger (26 years old) - This kid is a stud on the offensive end of the floor , had a break out 08-09 season averaging 25 PPG. He is a deadly outside shooter a Career 39% shooter from 3pt Land. Can also finish at the rim and has the potential to be a very good defender

Would you trade Rondo for him? Not at the moment , but possibly in a few years

10)  Tony Parker (27 years old)- Has 3 championship rings, 1 finals MVP and is still only 27 years old, what more is there to say?

Would you trade Rondo for him? No, Rondo is a parker in the making with better court vision

11) Al Jefferson (24 years old) - If this was before the Al Jefferson Knee Injury I would have no doubt traded Rondo straight up  for Big AL. Big Al has the best low post offensive moves proably since Hakeem or McHale. He is going to be a career 20/10 guy as long as he can get his knee back healthy. I don't think it's the  same injury Amare Stoudamire had, but lets hope Big Al can get back to 100% too.

Would you trade Rondo for him? Befor the injury yes, would consider if Big AL came back healthy for a few years

12) Yao Ming (28 years old )-Yao is a 20/10 guy for his career, but I dont think he will ever be able to stay healthy with the HUGE body of his. He is always going to have feet problems carrying around all that weight.

Would you trade Rondo for him? No , he is always going to have injuries

13) Derrick Rose( 20 years old) - Rose was Rookie of the year in 08-09 and in my opinion is going to be a little better than Deron Williams which means he will be a top 5 PG for years to come, but I wouldn't trade Rondo straight up  for him because Rondo is already a top 5 PG and has the hardware already

Would you trade Rondo for him? No, I think Rondo is going to be better, already is a champion

15) Deron Williams (24 years old ) - See Derrick Rose!

Would you trade Rondo for him? See Derrick Rose

16) Chris Bosh (25 years old) - 20/ 10 guy , but too soft on D and is basically a jump shooter

Would you trade Rondo for him? Nope, WAY to soft

17) LeMarcus Aldridge (23 years old) - Love his game, but at the moment wouldn't trade Rondo for him. Ask me again in
                                                              2 years..

Would you trade Rondo for him? Nope

18) Devin Harris(26 years old) - Great Scoring PG, but not sure he makes his teammates that much better ....

Would you trade Rondo for him? Nope, Rondo is already better and will continue to be

So what do you guys think ? Good list to go by when considering trading Rondo ?

Re: List of 18 NBA Players I would consider trading Rondo for
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 06:02:58 AM »

Offline celticsfan8591

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
Rondo's a very good young player, but I think it's ludicrous to pass up some of the guys you say you would pass up. Yes, Rondo has won a championship, but he was the fourth best player on the team when they won.  He benefits tremendously from having KG,PP, and RA on hs team because he rarely receives a lot of attention from the other team's defense.  Williams has been the best player on a very solid Jazz team for three years, he's the best point guard in the league after Paul. Rose was the clear leader of a Bulls team that took us to 7 games, overall outplayed Rondo for most of the series, and is younger.  Bosh has been the best player on his team for about 5 years and he's one of the best big guys in the game. IMO the only guys on that list that I wouldnt trade rondo for are Tony Parker and LaMarcus Aldridge.  I agree that Rondo will be as good as Parker and is younger, and I just don't think Aldridge is at the same level as the other guys on the list.  Also, I would be hesitant to trade rondo for amare and yao, they're both clearly better players but I have injury concerns with both of them, plus Stoudemire is reputd to be a bad locker room guy.

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 06:48:18 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1547
please pass whatever you are smoking down the line.  I could use some.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 07:44:33 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Rondo's a very good young player, but I think it's ludicrous to pass up some of the guys you say you would pass up. Yes, Rondo has won a championship, but he was the fourth best player on the team when they won.  He benefits tremendously from having KG,PP, and RA on hs team because he rarely receives a lot of attention from the other team's defense.  Williams has been the best player on a very solid Jazz team for three years, he's the best point guard in the league after Paul. Rose was the clear leader of a Bulls team that took us to 7 games, overall outplayed Rondo for most of the series, and is younger.  Bosh has been the best player on his team for about 5 years and he's one of the best big guys in the game. IMO the only guys on that list that I wouldnt trade rondo for are Tony Parker and LaMarcus Aldridge.  I agree that Rondo will be as good as Parker and is younger, and I just don't think Aldridge is at the same level as the other guys on the list.  Also, I would be hesitant to trade rondo for amare and yao, they're both clearly better players but I have injury concerns with both of them, plus Stoudemire is reputd to be a bad locker room guy.

Rose didn't outplay Rondo for the Bulls series.

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 07:57:48 AM »

Offline Michael Anthony

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 117
Not saying I would pull the trigger, but you would have to also consider:

Joe Johnson
Josh Smith
Al Hortford
Michael Beasley
Andris Biedrins
Andrew Bynum
OJ Mayo
Rudy Gay
Andrew Bogut
Brook Lopez
Rashard Lewis
Kevin Martin
Jason Thompson
Greg Oden
"All I have to know is, he's my coach, and I follow his lead. He didn't have to say anything in here this week. We all knew what we had to do. He's a big part of our family, and we're like his extended family. And we did what good families do when one of their own is affected." - Teddy Bruschi

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 08:05:32 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Conversely, I don't see more than a couple of names on those boards whose clubs would move them for Rondo.

Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2009, 08:40:51 AM »

Offline Celtics17

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
Rondo may have been the 4th best player on the team when we won the title but on this years playoff team he was far and away our best player. I know there are better players out there but you just dont trade a guy who has this big of an impact on any game, they just dont come around that often. I would trade obviously for Lebron, Howard, D Wade and a few others but I just dont think I could come up with more then about 10 or so players I would trade him for.

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2009, 08:41:34 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Not saying I would pull the trigger, but you would have to also consider:

Joe Johnson
Josh Smith
Al Hortford
Michael Beasley
Andris Biedrins
Andrew Bynum
OJ Mayo
Rudy Gay
Andrew Bogut
Brook Lopez
Rashard Lewis
Kevin Martin
Jason Thompson
Greg Oden
only if the other team threw in another good player.  the only 2 names that pique my interest in this list are Oden (still may turn out to be a really good center but has to prove in the next 2 years) and Horford (this kid is a real player and would be ready to step in for KG in 2 years).

The rest---I'd keep Rondo.

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2009, 08:43:33 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Conversely, I don't see more than a couple of names on those boards whose clubs would move them for Rondo.

I'd agree with that -- maybe 4-6 players on the original list the other team would swap.  Not sure why the C's would do it in those cases.

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2009, 09:31:42 AM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669
I would trade Rondo for Derrick Rose moving forward and Deron Williams straight up. To me they aren't maybes, they are definites.
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2009, 09:49:31 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I would definitely trade Rondo for 8 (Top 7 + Deron) of the players named in rondohondo's list, and two (Bynum + Oden) of the player's mentioned in Michael Anthony's list.

There's a bunch of maybe's too, which would need consideration, but only those ten guys are clear cut trade Rondo decisions for me.

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2009, 09:50:58 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Fully agree -- Therefore, Rondo has much better value as a player than as a trade asset

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2009, 12:10:41 PM »

Offline paintitgreen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 154
Anybody who wouldn't trade Rondo for Deron Williams is nuts. Derrick Rose I can understand being a bit wary about (though I'd do it) but Williams is one of the star players in the league right now. I would trade Rondo for Deron faster than Utah could offer it.
Go Celtics.

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2009, 12:50:30 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
please pass whatever you are smoking down the line.  I could use some.
;D

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2009, 02:08:56 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Deron Williams, Danny Granger, Brandon Roy.

Those are franchise players you'd be really stupid not to trade Rondo for, in my opinion.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers