Author Topic: NBA Finals -Game 1  (Read 16412 times)

Re: NBA Finals -Game 1
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2009, 10:32:31 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
I hate the Lakers.

They are looking good though and are the better team I think.

« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2009, 10:33:37 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
wow, the magic are getting some WIDE open looks.

Gotta hit them though, they did for three rounds of the playoffs, but so far tonight they can't hit the broadside of a barn.

EDIT: another wide open three missed.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2009, 10:41:28 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
another one. man, why did they have to wait till the finals to start having their live by the three, die by the three style catch them?

If they had shot this poorly from 3 point land on open looks once against we would have won.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2009, 10:44:32 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Lakers in 5, maybe 6. Ugh.

« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2009, 10:47:05 PM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245

I'd be shocked if the Lakers won in 5. There will be a couple games where the Lakers don't come to play. It's their m.o.  And there will be some games where Orlando can't miss too.

« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2009, 10:47:55 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
wow, the magic are getting some WIDE open looks.

Gotta hit them though, they did for three rounds of the playoffs, but so far tonight they can't hit the broadside of a barn.

Yes, but it isn't a one game event.  Orlando could easily find the 3 again in the 2nd half... or in the 2nd game.  Aren't the finals a 2-3-2 format?  If Orlando can win either game 1 or 2, they are in good shape...
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2009, 10:48:03 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

Nah, first games mean nothing, its still going to go 6.

Because of the finals silly 2-3-2 format, It all really hinges on game 2 for the away team. IF you get that game, your golden, you only need to win 2 at home to froce seven, or win all 3 to clinch without ever letting the other team see home court again.

By the same tolken if the home team gets game 2, The series is almost a lock for them since they guarantee themselves a game seven and two bites at the apple if they win one away.

It's one of the reasons i dislike 2-3-2, I like 2-2-1-1-1 a whole lot better, keeps more of the drama alive.

« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2009, 10:48:20 PM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245
Lewis not earning his money today.

« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2009, 10:50:34 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
a wee bit too much Kobe
Yup

« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2009, 10:50:51 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
wow, is it just me or is mike breen close to an orgasim over kobe bryant's play in a blowout?

He must have been backed up all year since he couldn't gush over him when he was failing against us.

« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2009, 10:53:03 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
mark it down the lakers win this in four or five. Pietris will found out that Kobe is a much better offensive player than lebron.

« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2009, 10:53:29 PM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
There have been alot of fans jumping on the Magic bandwagon within the past day or so because of how they just handled Cleveland.  I think its safe to say, with the way this game is going right now, I don't think we realized just how terrible the matchups were for the Cavs against Orlando.

Because Cleveland was no fluke in my eyes this season.  And with that, the Magic needed 7 games to beat a Boston team without KG, who lets face it, if we had KG we wouldve beaten the Magic in 6 games, maybe even 5.  The problem was the matchups for the Cavs against Howard, and Mo Williams with the exception of game 5 was non-existent in the series.

Another aspect is that you had Delonte West who's what?  6'2?  covering Hedo Turkogulu who is 6'9.  He could just shoot right over him, which is why he had such a great series.  Not this series.  That's gone.

It was easy to get caught up in the "magic" of the Magic because of how they handled Cleveland, but is it possible that it was more of such a bad matchup for the Cavs than it was Orlando being that good.  Because it looks like LA, from one game, is showing that it was just a matchup thing.

« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2009, 10:57:47 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Another aspect is that you had Delonte West who's what?  6'2?  covering Hedo Turkogulu who is 6'9.  He could just shoot right over him, which is why he had such a great series.  Not this series.  That's gone.
I would have loved to have seen LeBron on Hedo full time. That could have made a massive difference in the outcome of that series.

« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2009, 10:57:57 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
mark it down the lakers win this in four or five. Pietris will found out that Kobe is a much better offensive player than lebron.

well see on sunday, the 2-3-2 format is really, really easy to predict as i said.

If the magic win, series is going at least 6, probley seven.

If the lakers win, it goes 5, 6 at most.

finals need to go back to 2-2-1-1-1, its more fun.

« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2009, 10:59:15 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
[dang it]

double [dang it]

double dog [dang it]

double secret dog [dang it]