Author Topic: NBA Finals -Game 1  (Read 16400 times)

Re: NBA Finals -Game 1
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2009, 09:46:41 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
We awoke a sleeping giant by not taking Orlando out when we had the chance. With Jameer now back, they'll be a pain for the next several years.

On a side note, Lebron is definitely going to the Knicks, b/c next year's Eastern Conference finals will be the Celtics vs. the Magic

depends alot on thier off season, we'll see if they can keep hedo.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2009, 09:47:13 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
Kobe will have to choke really hard for the Lakers to lose this. He can do it though.

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2009, 09:50:33 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703
is it just me or do Gortat and Bynum look just about even, talent-wise?

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2009, 09:51:00 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
so far pietrus game has yet to arrive at the airport.

They'd be killing the lakers if he was on, he's missed 4 wide open 3's.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2009, 09:53:59 PM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245
Best part of the game right now :)  39 points

« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2009, 09:56:08 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
"we really had to overcome a lot of adversity in the Houston and denver series"

in Houston? Like what? almost chocking against a team a team with key injuries who's post presence was a 6'6 tweener for 3 games?

I'll give him denver, but houston should have been a cake walk with the front court edge they had after yao went down.

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2009, 09:59:13 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Wow at Nelson.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2009, 10:02:01 PM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245
Kobe's smokin Pietrus

« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2009, 10:15:23 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
The Magic are not playing smart basketball. And Kobe is doing a good job too, I guess.
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2009, 10:15:43 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
Kobe's smokin Pietrus

yea, and pietrus is doing himself no favors by not having his outside shot.

« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2009, 10:17:01 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
i refuse to watch this crap

« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2009, 10:20:03 PM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
I've watched from about 2 minutes left in the first quarter on.  From what I've seen, the Lakers just simply played better I think in the 2nd which has led to this ten point lead at the half.  Kobe has made some ridiculous shots and the Lakers as a team are actually playing very good defense.  Dwight Howard hasn't been able to take control yet.

I think an interesting side story that could pop up as this series goes on is Rafer Alston becoming unhappy.  Because it seems like to me, granted it has only been one half of game 1 of this series, but it seems like Van Gundy is already showing that he prefers Jameer over Rafer.  And I'm going to assume that Alston is not gonna like this at all.

« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2009, 10:28:44 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
I've watched from about 2 minutes left in the first quarter on.  From what I've seen, the Lakers just simply played better I think in the 2nd which has led to this ten point lead at the half.  Kobe has made some ridiculous shots and the Lakers as a team are actually playing very good defense.  Dwight Howard hasn't been able to take control yet.

I think an interesting side story that could pop up as this series goes on is Rafer Alston becoming unhappy.  Because it seems like to me, granted it has only been one half of game 1 of this series, but it seems like Van Gundy is already showing that he prefers Jameer over Rafer.  And I'm going to assume that Alston is not gonna like this at all.

howard was looking good, but he picked up a dumb second foul and broke up the magics rythm, they were out playing the lakers in the first when he was in.

« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2009, 10:29:52 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Hedo has to step up -- Orlando's offense is not good enough if he isn't doing his job as a playmaker.

« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2009, 10:30:38 PM »

Offline kheeko

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 69
Lakers are to fired up, Magic will live and die by the 3