Author Topic: Wow. Thoughts on Cavs-Magic Tonight?  (Read 21383 times)

Re: Wow. Thoughts on Cavs-Magic Tonight?
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2009, 06:26:20 AM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
I like the idea that we lost to the future NBA champs, it'll help me sleep at night
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2009, 06:36:53 AM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
It makes me rue the KG injury even more.  Two weeks ago I thought we had a decent chance of winning it all if we were healthy.  After watching the exhausted and depleted C's take the Magic to 7 and then watching the Magic go 3-1 up on the Cavs (and a miracle shot away from sweeping them), I know the C's would've won #18 even with their crappy bench if KG was healthy. 

On the upside, I think this totally destroys anyone's argument that we should do anything this offseason besides add a few bench players.  The C's healthy and with a couple more reserves should easily cruise to the title next year. 

« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2009, 07:14:48 AM »

Offline tb727

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
I love to see Mo Williams fail.  Him and his extra-big mouth. 

I've said all year that talent wins in this league and the Cavs outside of James are not particularly talented. Williams is exceptionally overrated and this series has proved it.
Jay Wingspan Bilas

« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2009, 07:48:19 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
The Cavs' role players are MIA. Orlando's playing pretty well as a team.

Z is finished. Ben Wallace is a liability offensively. The list is long.

However ... I worry that a Cleveland implode can be used as a "boy, we were close" excuse for another summer of dumpster diving by ownership and management.

Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2009, 08:02:56 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

D.  The King didn't seem to get many bailout calls tonight.

So when he trips forward right into Pietrus and gets a call to let the Cavs tie the game with .5 seconds left, you don't think that was enough?  

That play is exactly why I said he didn't get "many calls."  I agree that should have been a no call, LeBron fell down all by himself.
I disagree, their legs got tangled and Pietrus was sliding sideways. The refs have to make that call.

Oh and Pietrus really beats on LeBron every chance he gets. Very good job making him work for his drives, LeBron is clearly getting frustrated and tired from it.

« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2009, 08:40:38 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Lebron is 56-110 FG this series. That's 50%, what is so great about that.   Let KG shoot 110 times in 4 games, see what his numbers are like.

50% from the field for an extended stretch is very, very good for a small forward. 

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2009, 09:04:28 AM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
It's not as bad as it looks for the Cavs.  I think they will win game 5 at home, and everything will come down to game 6.  Can they win in Orlando?

« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2009, 09:23:49 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
It's not as bad as it looks for the Cavs.  I think they will win game 5 at home, and everything will come down to game 6.  Can they win in Orlando?

Yeah, I tend to agree.  3-1 isn't ideal, but it can be overcome.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2009, 09:52:03 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

Yeah, I tend to agree.  3-1 isn't ideal, but it can be overcome.

same here, i think the cavs aren't going through to the finals, simply because orlando is the better team with clev supporting cast wilting, but 3-1 in a 1-1-1 format is diffrent than 3-1 in a 2-3-2 series.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2009, 09:55:27 AM »

Online CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
3-1 obviously isn't insurmountable, but when you're only win was off a buzzer-beater 3 pointer, it doesn't make the prospects of 3 straight wins very likely.

But Dick Bavetta in game 5 will go a long way in increasing those odds.  I just hope, for the Cavs sake, he can make it to Cleveland from L.A. in time   8)

« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2009, 10:33:09 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
I certainly thought that Cleveland was going to take the game going into overtime after that very questionable call with .5 seconds.  Personally, I think Lebron sorta threw himself forward into Pietrus although I don't Pietrus was completely off the hook, either.  Also, that alley oop attempt to Howard certainly had some contact too.  Although, it was probably the right no-call.

The frustrating thing to watch about Orlando is the tendency to play spreadout down the stretch when protecting a lead.  Relying so much on that outside shot.  Watching Alston heaving up those threes towards the end of regulation with Cleveland slowly chipping away at the lead would drive me absolutely nuts as a Magic fan.  Get the ball inside or drive to the basket. Helluva a shot by Lewis, though, at the end of the 4th. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2009, 10:42:24 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
I just wish I had said how much I thought Mo Williams was overrated before this series. That way it wouldn't seem as if I was basing the statement off of one play-off series. Ahh Well, it must be said... Mo Williams is overrated.

« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2009, 10:52:48 AM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 592
I am loving this to no end. All the hype and  all the "experts" are looking like fools right now. Cleveland ran everyone over in the reg season, they had a good "defense" they had a guy that could take the pressure off of Lecrab, but they are gettin beat down. Now if the lakers lose tonight, I dont think I could be any happier.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #58 on: May 27, 2009, 10:56:50 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
I am loving this to no end. All the hype and  all the "experts" are looking like fools right now. Cleveland ran everyone over in the reg season, they had a good "defense" they had a guy that could take the pressure off of Lecrab, but they are gettin beat down. Now if the lakers lose tonight, I dont think I could be any happier.

that would make my sports week.

Come on denver!
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #59 on: May 27, 2009, 11:15:58 AM »

Offline Brendan

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 72
The Cavs' role players are MIA. Orlando's playing pretty well as a team.

Z is finished. Ben Wallace is a liability offensively. The list is long.

However ... I worry that a Cleveland implode can be used as a "boy, we were close" excuse for another summer of dumpster diving by ownership and management.

The playoff lights might be a little too bright for the CLE guards - West, Boobie, and Mo Mouth have all seemed gun shy and scared in the games I've watched. I actually think Pavo and Wally would handle the pressure a bit better.

Clearly they need to do something - moving Bron to the PF spot and having him play Rashard, plus using Wally and Pavo at the SF against Turko might help.