Author Topic: Nuggets-Lakers Is A Great Series  (Read 35369 times)

Re: Nuggets-Lakers Is A Great Series
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2009, 09:06:49 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Ugh.  The Nuggets choked on the inbounds pass again.

Unbelievable. I was mad at them again, can't they complete an easy inbound pass?! They've shot their chances of winning the game in two games out of three...

Still, the Lakers got obvious help from the referees in the 3rd quarter and in the last seconds of the first half (8 points lead down to 4 after controversial decisions). They had something like 17 free throws to 3 in the third quarter.

Still, Melo's disappearance and JR Smith and Billups' forced shots (and lack of shooting touch) killed Denver. Kobe was a killer once again in crunch time, you've got to give him credit for that, he carried his team through 48 minutes.

Anyway the Nuggets will win game 4 but now they'll have to win again in L.A while they could have kept their HCA and take a serious advantage on the Lakers.

« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2009, 09:56:33 AM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
Maybe game 3 was just one of those days,when nothing is going right.Im hoping the Nuggets will bounce back from this one with an extra motivation to win.Game 4 will tell us a lot about this team.

« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2009, 10:24:26 AM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
The Nuggets are an implosion waiting to happen. They're over-performing, the Lakers under-performing and that's the reason things look balanced. They need to make a couple of quality additions to be a legit contender in the next few years.

« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2009, 10:42:48 AM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
The Nuggets are an implosion waiting to happen. They're over-performing, the Lakers under-performing and that's the reason things look balanced. They need to make a couple of quality additions to be a legit contender in the next few years.
I agree that the Nuggets need to add a few pieces to be a legit contender but im hoping they can knock the Lakers off anyhow.Although they are not as talented as the Lakers,sometimes will and motivation can get you over the top.

« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2009, 11:32:21 AM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
I agree...a really fun to watch series!  I have been saying that the Nuggets are the spoilers of this post season ever since they traded Iverson for Billips and got their defensive mindset together.  Even though my beloved Celtics couldn't  get through to the next round this year, I still have a team to root for....The Denver Nuggets.  (However, I am still dreaming of next year...and a healthy Celtics Championship #18!)
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2009, 12:14:39 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
Frustrating game to watch last night.  To see Denver implode at home against the Lakers, of all teams, was not a fun one to sit through.

Denver had a golden opportunity and blew it, sadly, it could very well cost them a shot at winning the series.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2009, 03:19:04 PM »

Offline DanMan08

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 5

Still, the Lakers got obvious help from the referees in the 3rd quarter and in the last seconds of the first half (8 points lead down to 4 after controversial decisions). They had something like 17 free throws to 3 in the third quarter.

Good, at least its even now Denver got the officiating in game 2, LA game 3.  At least the officials let the players decide it in the last 2 minutes and didnt miss or make phantom calls like game 2. 

If you want to know why Denver shot 3 Free throws (13-2 if dont count technicals) you can look at the 8 3pt's and the 13 of 18 shots they took from beyond 15 Feet. 

Not sure what your talking about at the end of the first half, they made a 3 and a free throw to cut it down to 4 (even after billups bodied up fisher and knocked him to the ground in the final 30 seconds, a call they have been giving billups his whole career when he flops). 

« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2009, 05:09:19 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
I remember everyone from the national media to their own freaking fans were ready to call out the Magic after losing to Big Baby's jumper and giving Game 5 away to the Celtics at the Garden.

I remember people saying the Magic are going to implode when their best player, Dwight Howard was calling out his own head coach in public.

The Magic never lost a game in that series.

Don't count the Nuggets out.

Listen to Chauncey when he says that every game, and it is every game is different and each its own story.

That being said, how do you score 18 points in the 4th quarter on your own home floor?

« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2009, 05:17:44 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439

Good, at least its even now Denver got the officiating in game 2, LA game 3.  At least the officials let the players decide it in the last 2 minutes and didnt miss or make phantom calls like game 2. 

If you want to know why Denver shot 3 Free throws (13-2 if dont count technicals) you can look at the 8 3pt's and the 13 of 18 shots they took from beyond 15 Feet. 

Not sure what your talking about at the end of the first half, they made a 3 and a free throw to cut it down to 4 (even after billups bodied up fisher and knocked him to the ground in the final 30 seconds, a call they have been giving billups his whole career when he flops). 

I have nothing to say about the three but the free throw was due to a phantom technical foul on Linas Kleiza who got pushed by Gasol (who didn't get called for anything).

I just watched again the end of the half and other than this call the Lakers did came back all alone in the game. I thought that JR Smith's 3 pointer followed by a technical foul was at the end of the 2nd quarter, but I got confused, it was at the end of the third, so forget about my comments about the end of half officiating (expect for the technical foul on Kleiza :P).

LA @ Den 5/25
« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2009, 10:05:37 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
ANyone else watchin this?

JR Smith is playin like a balla.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Re: LA @ Den 5/25
« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2009, 10:08:00 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
And Carmelo is playin like trashhh. I guess he's got the flu or something? (According to the always incredible Cheryl Miller)

« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2009, 10:10:33 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2406
I love JR Smith's game. He's getting better every year.

« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2009, 10:14:50 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Kenyon Martin is always being called a thug...and you know what? he kinda is. He's a bully out there, mean son of a  (shut yo mouth)....

LA has gotta keep Denver from making heart breaker easy baskets.

« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2009, 10:17:07 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Chris Anderson looks like some character from tekken or something..like a half man half lizard half baaaad dude.

« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2009, 10:26:07 PM »

Offline Cs09Champs

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 27
  • Never stop believing baby!
And Carmelo is playin like trashhh. I guess he's got the flu or something? (According to the always incredible Cheryl Miller)

He turned his ankle.
Let's go C's!!!