Author Topic: Nuggets-Lakers Is A Great Series  (Read 35337 times)

Re: Nuggets-Lakers Is A Great Series
« Reply #165 on: May 28, 2009, 06:57:41 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Denver has a horrible tendency to play foolish. Bad quick 3s, bad passes leading to turnovers, poor shot selections, non-existent inbounds plays.

« Reply #166 on: May 28, 2009, 07:17:13 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 591

You're right, officiating was pure last night. Clearly Denver who was being aggressive did not deserve to go to the line more than it did in the fourth. One team was allowed to play aggressive d and the other was not. Billups also  deserved to sit extended minutes after his"offensive" foul in the first half. It was a joke, not the worst I've seen, but a joke in any case. I agree with the Nugget player whos said that Phils complaining was an expensive way to get a win.

Maybe someone should remind them that it was George Karl's crying at the end of game 3  that started the officiating blame game. 

One team was allowed to play aggressive and one wasnt, hmm....sounds like the 3rd quarter of game 4 or the end of game 2, didnt hear any nuggets players complaining then, or for that fact, any Lakers players (unless you count the trip, a lot of complaining on that). 

The fact is, there were some no calls that were clearly fouls, however, it wasn't as once sided as they claim (i watched kobe get hacked, then watched carmelo clearly get raked across the arms, i could hear that one). 

Denver thinks they should shoot 70 free throws a game, but thats not playoff basketball, they also claim to be the aggressive team and "attack the basket", but most of there FT attempts come from getting a slight bump to the body or a hand check 5-15FT from the basket.  Denver is running a lot more ISO's and playing a lot more 1 on 1 basketball in this series then LA.

The same people complaining denver is not getting calls are the ones saying Lebron (who attacks the basket all game long every game) is getting too many.

Dont mistake what I say. The Nuggets lost the game, they could have played throught the bs. But all I'm saying is it didn't help the cause.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #167 on: May 28, 2009, 07:41:25 PM »

Offline DanMan08

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 5

Dont mistake what I say. The Nuggets lost the game, they could have played throught the bs. But all I'm saying is it didn't help the cause.

For sure, just like LA in game 2, only had themselves for blowing a double digit lead and it shouldn't of come down to a jump ball violation late. 

« Reply #168 on: May 28, 2009, 07:46:37 PM »

Offline Cs09Champs

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 27
  • Never stop believing baby!

For sure, just like LA in game 2, only had themselves for blowing a double digit lead and it shouldn't of come down to a jump ball violation late. 

Or a Kobe travel that wasn't called before that. NBA officiating sucks, there's no conspiracy theory but there is favoritism and there was definitely some of that going on last night. Officials did not lose the game for Denver but fouling out Nene on some bogus calls definitely affected the game.

BTW you seem like a faker fan.
Let's go C's!!!

« Reply #169 on: May 28, 2009, 09:15:37 PM »

Offline DanMan08

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 5

Or a Kobe travel that wasn't called before that. NBA officiating sucks, there's no conspiracy theory but there is favoritism and there was definitely some of that going on last night. Officials did not lose the game for Denver but fouling out Nene on some bogus calls definitely affected the game.

BTW you seem like a faker fan.

Nope, but I'm not anti-laker either.  I'm anti-Lebron, anybody who has a better chance at beating cleveland at this point, goes to the top of my list.  Orlando's chances really come down to game 6, they may be up 3-1, but they only have once chance to close this thing out. 

For the most part I try to watch the games w/o being biased, like not seeing imaginary travels on certain guys when it benefits the team i'm rooting for.  And at this point, there have been way more bogus calls and noncalls favoring Denver, then against that are affecting these games.

Forgive me if i would like to watch a basketball game that's actually played, and not a free throw contest.  Im not asking for LA to get more calls, im asking for there to be less calls total, for the officials to let them play and decide it (how playoff baketball is meant to be played).
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 09:53:53 PM by DanMan08 »

« Reply #170 on: May 29, 2009, 10:48:12 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
bye bye Nuggets, back to the land of mediocrity. what a disappointing effort

« Reply #171 on: May 29, 2009, 11:41:55 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
I hate LA. That is all.

« Reply #172 on: May 30, 2009, 12:08:13 AM »

Offline Ed Teach

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 8
What a disappointing effort by the Nuggets especially Melo.
Melo really hurt his team in the 2nd half, poor on defensive end and the offensive end.  He was late to rotate on defense and on offense didn't seem to want the ball.

He was even slow running back on defense several times.  Kleiza and Martin played much better tonight.  Can't win a championship if your superstar doesn't show at the most critical times in the playoffs.

« Reply #173 on: May 30, 2009, 12:44:04 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan

« Reply #174 on: May 30, 2009, 12:56:52 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
What a disappointing effort by the Nuggets especially Melo.
Melo really hurt his team in the 2nd half, poor on defensive end and the offensive end.  He was late to rotate on defense and on offense didn't seem to want the ball.

He was even slow running back on defense several times.  Kleiza and Martin played much better tonight.  Can't win a championship if your superstar doesn't show at the most critical times in the playoffs.

Yeah, it was obvious by the end of this series that while Denver had a lot of talent, they didn't have the experience, the discipline, or the intensity to beat the Lakers.  You still have to commend them for improving so much this year, though.  Nevertheless, this started out a great series but ended up seeming fairly one sided.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #175 on: May 30, 2009, 01:33:42 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

« Reply #176 on: May 30, 2009, 06:42:56 AM »

Offline kheeko

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 69
Had they gave there all with full effort they could had what it takes to win. You dont leave shooters wide open on the verge of being closed out. Poor defense. Ridiculous.

And did you guys see Carmelo not even getting up off his feet to contest shots? Chauncey wasnt aggressive enough either

edit: on top of that the double teaming killed them

« Reply #177 on: May 30, 2009, 12:32:34 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112