Author Topic: A trade for Tyler Hansbrough?  (Read 5647 times)

A trade for Tyler Hansbrough?
« on: May 21, 2009, 10:29:55 AM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
"A few teams that are rumored to be looking to trade or sell their picks are the Oklahoma City Thunder (#25), Minnesota Timberwolves (#28) and New Orleans Hornets (#21). DraftExpress.com"

If Tyler Hansbrough is available, would you be interested in the Celtics buying a pick and drafting him? Most mock drafts I have looked at project Hansbrough to go somewhere after pick number twenty. I think this kid could come in and contribute immediately--like what Lee is doing in Orlando. I don't put much stock into the rumors that those teams are looking to sell or trade their picks. But if that situation were to arise on draft night, would you pull the trigger for Hansbrough?

Re: A trade for Tyler Hansbrough?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 10:32:54 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
Definitely. I'm a big fan of him and I would love us to trade up for him.

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 10:34:00 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Hansborough reminds me a lot of Varejao without the size

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 10:34:05 AM »

Offline bknova

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 73
Nope.  But I would buy a pick for BJ Mullens or Sam Young.  My dream draft right now would be to buy a first rounder for BJ Mullens and move up in the second round for Danny Green.  

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 10:35:49 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
depends on what they do with powe and davis.

Im not opposed to a tweener energy guy off the bench, I think every championship team needs one to bring energy and toughness off the bench, but we already have two of those guys.

But if they decided leon is to much of a risk and don't resign BBD, then sure, i could see Pyscho T as our 7th or 8th man.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2009, 10:38:03 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Patty Mills means we can let go Marbury and Pruitt.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2009, 10:40:13 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Nope.  But I would buy a pick for BJ Mullens or Sam Young.  My dream draft right now would be to buy a first rounder for BJ Mullens and move up in the second round for Danny Green.  
Add me to the Danny Green bandwagon.  This guy is very underrated and I wouldn't be surprised if he eventually cracks into the first round.  He's smart, reasonably athletic, can pass and shoot, and shows no fear.  Reminds me a lot of another UNC alum, Rick Fox. 

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2009, 10:45:05 AM »

Offline bknova

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 73
Add me to the Danny Green bandwagon.  This guy is very underrated and I wouldn't be surprised if he eventually cracks into the first round.  He's smart, reasonably athletic, can pass and shoot, and shows no fear.  Reminds me a lot of another UNC alum, Rick Fox. 

He's a great on the ball defender too.  I see him a lot like Trevor Ariza.  And coming from UNC, I could see him crack the rotation right away. 

A lot of guys on this board talk about not adding projects, I don't look at him as a project.  This guy is a senior and a gamer from a major program in a highly competitive major conference.  His ceiling may be low, but his current skill set makes him the perfect role player on this team.

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2009, 11:03:14 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
No thanks.  We already have two undersized power forwards.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2009, 11:03:48 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Unless they find a way to get one of the top wings in the draft (or Buddinger, who I think will end up being one of the top players, despite his stock falling), I just don't think this team needs to draft another wing.  They have two very talented young wings in Walker and Giddens.  I would prefer they try to develop them.

If the C's do buy a pick, I think the value in this draft is in the PG's.  I think there will be at least 3-4 PG's picked after #20 who will be 10 year NBA players...and a couple could be very good starters. 

Well, one of them might be walking if he gets a big enough offer, and the other one will be out for at least half of next year, and you can't count on him at all really.  So if they think Hansborough can play in the NBA (I go back and forth on it), then he would be a nice addition.

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2009, 11:08:37 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

We have one coming off a crippling knee injury (hopefully) at the allstar break, and it wouldn't suprise me at all to see the other leave for a better contract when some foolish GM overpays him.

That said, I'd prefer to take a PG if we are cutting gabe, or a C for long term. Either way, i want it to be a player who we think can contribute LATER and focus our efforts in the offseason on proven vets for the present.

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2009, 11:11:13 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632

We have one coming off a crippling knee injury (hopefully) at the allstar break, and it wouldn't suprise me at all to see the other leave for a better contract when some foolish GM overpays him.

That said, I'd prefer to take a PG if we are cutting gabe, or a C for long term. Either way, i want it to be a player who we think can contribute LATER and focus our efforts in the offseason on proven vets for the present.

I don't expect Powe to come back, but I do expect them to re-sign Baby.  I don't believe any team is going to offer him the full MLE, so he'll be back.  And we need to add a veteran, not an undersized rookie. 
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2009, 11:14:42 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

I don't expect Powe to come back, but I do expect them to re-sign Baby.  I don't believe any team is going to offer him the full MLE, so he'll be back.  And we need to add a veteran, not an undersized rookie. 

I think powe is more the lock than baby, leon is going to cost them jack squat, and he can be your 12th man project this year instead of POB, gabe, or JR's seats. I expect a 1 year + 1 year of a team option at the min.

I don't think it will take a Full MLE offer to get baby for some team (or at least i hope the celtics wouldn't match) I'd do 3 a year for baby, no more. I'm sure some crappy GM of a bad team will beat that.

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2009, 12:19:06 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
I am a huge fan of Hansborough's work ethic and think the guy is as tough as they come. He is however BBD at best. The gy is undersized, can't jump, and every time he has gone up against bigger players in college he struggles. No way I pay to move up and take what we can already re-sign now. It will take Tyler a couple years to turn into what BBD is and they will have the same very limited upside.

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2009, 06:48:49 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
His lack of rebounding makes me nervous