Author Topic: See what happens when Cavs play competition  (Read 43439 times)

Re: See what happens when Cavs play competition
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2009, 09:02:29 AM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
Let's not kid ourselves though into thinking this means we could have gone in there and done the same thing without a healthy KG or Powe in the lineup. We would have been lucky to win a single game. There would have been a couple close ones that we had a chance to win, but doubtful that we would even pick up a game. The best thing for next year happened.

I don't think that is kidding ourselves. we would have been a total pain in the neck for CLE to beat even without KG. Just based on how scrappy we are.

Plus, I wouldn't be surprised if we started to hear the "KG is working out" rumors right about now that would make CLE very nervous.

Like i said earlier in this thread, if you can turn Bron into a jump shooter, it totally changes their team.

The only way this is good for next season is if somehow Danny is only now recognizing that we need a better deeper bench. But i think he's been aware of that for a while....

« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2009, 09:26:03 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
wow, guess I gave up on that game too soon

Bed was calling, and I really didn't give that much of a crap...but still, I would have liked to have seen that.

Both series off to good starts.
Yup

« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2009, 09:29:22 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Bed was calling, and I really didn't give that much of a crap...but still, I would have liked to have seen that.

Lucky for me I left the game idly on while I did some dishes. Once it got good again I was able to enjoy it.

I thought that the Cavs lead at the half was fool's gold. They let Orlando score too easily in the paint and in the second quarter. I didn't think the Magic would get all the way back!

« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2009, 09:31:02 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

I quit watching mostly because after rooting against CLE and ORL and hating envying Lebron all season...I really didn't want either team to win.

Anyone else feel kinda like its 1997 all over again..and you almost don't wanna watch Lebron play because he's almost too good?

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2009, 10:13:46 AM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
5 Points from the Cavs' bench, that's why they lost.

« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2009, 10:35:32 AM »

Offline Hoops

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 5
Let's not kid ourselves though into thinking this means we could have gone in there and done the same thing without a healthy KG or Powe in the lineup. We would have been lucky to win a single game. There would have been a couple close ones that we had a chance to win, but doubtful that we would even pick up a game. The best thing for next year happened.

I don't think that is kidding ourselves. we would have been a total pain in the neck for CLE to beat even without KG. Just based on how scrappy we are.

Plus, I wouldn't be surprised if we started to hear the "KG is working out" rumors right about now that would make CLE very nervous.

Like i said earlier in this thread, if you can turn Bron into a jump shooter, it totally changes their team.

I don't know if this was covered earlier in this thread, but our lack of bigs wouldn't have hurt nearly as much in this series. The only big Cleveland has that needs a defender is Big Z - and even then, he's more of a jump shooter than a guy that draws fouls in the post.

Depending on how badly Ray and Paul were hurt, I don't think a Bos-Cle series would have been nearly as lopsided as most people have suggested.

« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2009, 10:37:02 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

I don't know if this was covered earlier in this thread, but our lack of bigs wouldn't have hurt nearly as much in this series. The only big Cleveland has that needs a defender is Big Z - and even then, he's more of a jump shooter than a guy that draws fouls in the post.

Depending on how badly Ray and Paul were hurt, I don't think a Bos-Cle series would have been nearly as lopsided as most people have suggested.

You  think BBD could guard Smith and Andy with the height difference without foul trouble?

Im skeptical.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2009, 10:59:25 AM »

Offline yoursweatersux

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 45
 I don't listen to Tony Kornheiser I watch basketball.

hahah best quote ever. tp

« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2009, 11:54:21 AM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 129
Everyone outside of Lebron was off last night.  The cavs were poorly conditioned and really tired out near the end of the game.  Their rotations and transition defense slowed way down and Orlando found lots of open opportunities (and took advantage of them).

I look for the Cavs to bounce back in good way friday night.  They should be back up to playing speed by then.

« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2009, 12:53:54 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127

The only way this is good for next season is if somehow Danny is only now recognizing that we need a better deeper bench. But i think he's been aware of that for a while....

Yeah. SCRAPPY was exactly the word I was thinking while watching the last quarter of game 7. All the scrappiness they had in them, and they in general do have it, was long since beaten out of them. We were finished. We needed to re-group and this off season will allow us to do that with a little pride still. We can feel good about how far we were able to go with the problems we had and keep our heads high. Nothing good would come from getting stomped by that young group of pompus punks.

« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2009, 01:19:49 PM »

Offline QuinielaBox

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 139
5 Points from the Cavs' bench, that's why they lost.

From our perspective, that is an all too familier refrain.  :-[

Really, I think Cleveland got too overconfident and will come back to take this series. Orlando could stretch it to Seven. Hearing about their win last night helped me to distance myself from the Game 7 tragedy more. It's all good for basketball. 
Wins are few, times are hard. Here is your bleeping St Patricks Day Card.

« Reply #56 on: May 21, 2009, 01:23:01 PM »

Offline youcanthandlethetruth113

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 153
Everyone hated Magic few days ago howard etc now were all fans?

*closes browser*

Kheeko,

I certainly am. As soon as the Magic eliminated the Celtics I think we all instantly became Orlando Magic fans. Reasons being:

1) We all hate Lebron and the Cavs
2) We all hate Kobe and the Fakers
3) If you're going to get eliminated, at least get eliminated by the CHAMPS
"Perk is not an alley-oop guy" - Tommy Heinson - Feb 27th 2008 vs. Cleveland

« Reply #57 on: May 21, 2009, 01:24:18 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
As long as the Lakers don`t win it, I`m happy.
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #58 on: May 21, 2009, 01:25:40 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Everyone hated Magic few days ago howard etc now were all fans?

*closes browser*

Kheeko,

I certainly am. As soon as the Magic eliminated the Celtics I think we all instantly became Orlando Magic fans. Reasons being:

1) We all hate Lebron and the Cavs
2) We all hate Kobe and the Fakers
3) If you're going to get eliminated, at least get eliminated by the CHAMPS

Not me, I would rather the cavs win, in all honesty. My hopes for playoff winners go

1. Denver
2. Clev
3. Magic
4. Staples center collapsing on top of the lakers team rather than them winning.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #59 on: May 21, 2009, 01:33:46 PM »

Offline QuinielaBox

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 139
Cleveland needs a championship more than anybody - I am pulling for Cleveland provided Lebron doesn't get away with traveling.
Wins are few, times are hard. Here is your bleeping St Patricks Day Card.