Author Topic: See what happens when Cavs play competition  (Read 43479 times)

Re: See what happens when Cavs play competition
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2009, 08:34:32 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
If Orlando wins Game 2 its a sweep.  4-0.  I keep telling people Cavs are not that great, they are a good team, but the real numbers and statistics don't back them up.  They have been playing some of the worst competition ever.  They lost at home, with Mo hitting that ridiculous 3 and Lebron scoring almost 50 points.   LETS GO MAGIC!!!!
I don't feel they are that great either...they are a good team but i feel they can be beaten in a 7game series.This is the first real test this playoffs.If the Celtics had been healthy all season,whose to say we couldn't have won 67plus games?I still see a team that depends primary on 1 player(Lebron)to win games.They all go to their spots and watch him go one on one a lot of the time.The offense slows down and a good defense can eventually stop them.If Mo and Delonte are not on then its really a lot of Lebron aganist 5...and as far as his theactrics  towards the end of the game with his supposedly cramping,"dudes fake it",all drama.

I'm not a huge lebron fan, but so what if marv albert said he was cramping? lebron isn't responsible for what some moron in the booth says about him to the TV audience.

He was tired, yes, but albert was the one talking about some crazy scenario where he would cramp up and hurt himself and then come back and save the team.

As for the implication that if you want lebron to win, your not a celtics fan that some posters have thrown around, whatever, I want my boy delonte to win, and I'll follow who I choose thanks.

My dream scenario would be Denver winning it, but I'd rather have LBJ win it than have the lakers even sniff a championship, and IMO the cavs are a better team to beat the lakers.

I dislike the cavs and the magic both as teams, because they are our competition in the east but i HATE the lakers, So im rooting for denver first, and the cavs to beat them if denver can't.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2009, 08:38:06 AM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
If Orlando wins Game 2 its a sweep.  4-0.  I keep telling people Cavs are not that great, they are a good team, but the real numbers and statistics don't back them up.  They have been playing some of the worst competition ever.  They lost at home, with Mo hitting that ridiculous 3 and Lebron scoring almost 50 points.   LETS GO MAGIC!!!!
I don't feel they are that great either...they are a good team but i feel they can be beaten in a 7game series.This is the first real test this playoffs.If the Celtics had been healthy all season,whose to say we couldn't have won 67plus games?I still see a team that depends primary on 1 player(Lebron)to win games.They all go to their spots and watch him go one on one a lot of the time.The offense slows down and a good defense can eventually stop them.If Mo and Delonte are not on then its really a lot of Lebron aganist 5...and as far as his theactrics  towards the end of the game with his supposedly cramping,"dudes fake it",all drama.

I'm not a huge lebron fan, but so what if marv albert said he was cramping? lebron isn't responsible for what some moron in the booth says about him to the TV audience.

He was tired, yes, but albert was the one talking about some crazy scenario where he would cramp up and hurt himself and then come back and save the team.
Im going by what Lebron said in his press conference..nothing to do with what Marv said.

« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2009, 08:39:13 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Do steroids make you cramp up?  ;)

(I kid, I kid.)

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2009, 08:40:02 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

Im going by what Lebron said in his press conference..nothing to do with what Marv said.

uh-huh.

I watched the press conference, he was asked about it he said fatuige wasn't a factor.

The only one throwing out the cramping thing, line for line with what you were mentioning, was marv in the final 2 minutes.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2009, 08:40:26 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2405
LeBron became self-involved in the second half. His lack of passing and team play made it very difficult for his teammates to get involved in the game ... ultimately, it cost them the match.

I'd be surprised if it happened again. He'll be cognizant of that failing after he watches the game tape.

« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2009, 08:40:49 AM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
Do steroids make you cramp up?  ;)

(I kid, I kid.)
LOL ...absolutely

« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2009, 08:42:49 AM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff

uh-huh.

I watched the press conference, he was asked about it he said fatuige wasn't a factor.

The only one throwing out the cramping thing, line for line with what you were mentioning, was marv in the final 2 minutes.
Imnot going to make this a big deal but im sure i heard him say he had a little cramping as well.

« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2009, 08:43:29 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
LeBron became self-involved in the second half. His lack of passing and team play made it very difficult for his teammates to get involved in the game ... ultimately, it cost them the match.

I'd be surprised if it happened again. He'll be cognizant of that failing after he watches the game tape.
His team also stopped moving off the ball. Their whole team looked out of sorts for the entire second half.

« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2009, 08:45:43 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

also his teammates were shooting under 30% at one point, mo and west had two of there worse shooting nights of the season.

Only problem i really saw for Cleveland, and it made me smile cause perk got props from the TNT crew all night  ;D, is that Z can't defend Howard in the post.

Good toughness from orlando though, This series will go 6 or 7 now.

« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2009, 08:46:24 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I'll bet you a million tommy points Magic win the series unless Cavs win in 7. Cavs in 6 at this point is a very very low chance, Cavs arent beating Orlando 2 out of 3 in ORL and winning their next 2 home games. Cavs bread and butter is the Q, if they lose like this at home they are in trouble because they are not as good on the road.  I've given many statistics to back up my claim.  Look at Lebron's 1 foul per game in his last 30, almost never happened before in NBA history. especially with the aggressiveness Lebron plays with. Then look at how their opponents have had many players out, twice the rate as usual if you check the box scores.   Then check Cavs last 14 games against .600 or better competition.   Wins:@POR by 6 no Blake,@SA by 11 no Duncan or Ginobli, home ORL by 4 no Jameer, home POR by 5 no Aldridge, home DAL by 28 no J Howard, home SA by 20 hobbled Duncan Ginobli out next day, home BOS no KG by 31 C's already clinched playoff spot.   Losses:@LA by 17, @ORL by 11, home LA by 10, @HOU by 19, @BOS by 11, @ORL by 29, home ORL by 2. That's a 7-7 record, 6 losses by double digits, 0 wins against a healthy starting 5.  I don't listen to Tony Kornheiser I watch basketball.

.....right...

So I will bet you 20 tommy points the Cavs win in 6. Cuz Tony Kornheiser told me it would happen. Cuz thats how I get my NBA news. From Tony Kornheiser.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2009, 08:49:30 AM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff

also his teammates were shooting under 30% at one point, mo and west had two of there worse shooting nights of the season.

Only problem i really saw for Cleveland, and it made me smile cause perk got props from the TNT crew all night  ;D, is that Z can't defend Howard in the post.

Good toughness from orlando though, This series will go 6 or 7 now.

Mo hasn't had a good game in the playoffs...he has to prove that he can step it up in the playoffs.Some players are great regular season players,and sux in the playoffs.Remember,he is the all star and cried when he wasn't picked in the beginning.Now its time to step up to the plate and play like an all star.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 08:56:43 AM by housecall »

« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2009, 08:52:16 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2405

His team also stopped moving off the ball. Their whole team looked out of sorts for the entire second half.
His team stopped moving when he fell in love with his jump shot and stopped attacking the basket. Everything turned into an isolation. It's very difficult to have quality player movement when the ball is repeatedly being stopped like that.

« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2009, 08:53:22 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I think some of the Van Gundy haters need to start giving him just a little bit of credit.

« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2009, 08:53:32 AM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
Let's not kid ourselves though into thinking this means we could have gone in there and done the same thing without a healthy KG or Powe in the lineup. We would have been lucky to win a single game. There would have been a couple close ones that we had a chance to win, but doubtful that we would even pick up a game. The best thing for next year happened.

« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2009, 08:55:03 AM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
Let's not kid ourselves though into thinking this means we could have gone in there and done the same thing without a healthy KG or Powe in the lineup. We would have been lucky to win a single game. There would have been a couple close ones that we had a chance to win, but doubtful that we would even pick up a game. The best thing for next year happened.
I agree with you totally here.tp