Author Topic: I'm officially rooting for the Nuggets to win the title, WHO'S WITH ME?  (Read 14035 times)

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
If the Nuggets were hitting a decent % of free throws they would have a doudle digit lead now.

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Carmelo Anthony is abusing Trevor Ariza.

They've missed Radmanovic tonight, on both ends of the floor.

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Ugh.  The Nuggets just gifted Kobe 2 shots.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Carmelo Anthony has been superb tonight. If Denver loses this game, it will be a blown opportunity, one which could prove costly down the road.

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Carmelo Anthony has been superb tonight. If Denver loses this game, it will be a blown opportunity, one which could prove costly down the road.
They completely blew it.

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Terrible, terrible play by Carter.  They just threw the game away, literally.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Terrible, terrible play by Carter.  They just threw the game away, literally.
Reminds me of Ray Allen's awful pass that cost us a game against San Antonio.

Missed free throws in the first half and that turn over will haunt the Nuggets. Coming off a seven game series this was a prime game to steal in LA.

Offline houseonfire09

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 44
  • Thank you Eddie!
Why does everyone keep on insisting that the Lakers have great chemistry, Kobe's a great teammate, Phil Jackson's a great coach, etc?  It's all lies.
"If David Stern ran the NHL, is there any chance his meal ticket's team would blow a Game 7 in Round 1? Put a pair of skates on Dick Bavetta!" -Bill Simmons

Offline ToppersBsktball10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 27
  • Smooth As Silk.
Dissapointing lose for Denver. But I hope Paul Pierce watched Carmelo tonite. He better know hes gotta work his butt off and step it up next year if he wants to stay the second best small forward in the game.

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Why does everyone keep on insisting that the Lakers have great chemistry, Kobe's a great teammate, Phil Jackson's a great coach, etc?  It's all lies.
Phil is a great coach and Kobe is a great player. Team chemistry is hard to say for outsiders. But Kobe is definitely a bad teammate.

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
A very competitive game 1, but that throw away pass by carter was just killer.

The Nuggets have a chance.

Offline kheeko

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 69
That throwaway pass was retarded as well as the dumb foul by kmart when they were tied at 109

When will guys learn u dont gamble in close situations with reach ins and send people to the line?

Offline kenmaine

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 25
  • Boston 104, New York 59
I'm rooting for the Nuggets to beat LA- I despise the Lakers almost as much as the Knicks, mostly because of their coach.
But in the finals, I'm rooting for the Cavs. Delonte played his butt off but didn't get his ring here, so it'll be nice for him to get it this year with Cleveland. And I kind of like Ilgauskas- he's come back from a lot of injuries and is underrated IMO. LeBron is amazing but I can take him or leave him- like a lot of others, I question how "natural" his body is, and it's hard for me to even watch a national broadcast of a Cavs game with constant worship of the guy.

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Frustrating loss, the Nuggets had the game in their hands but Carter (silly pass) and JR Smith (poor shooting, poor passes, poor decisions... bad night for him) killed them. It's a bitter loss, especially since Carmelo was hitting like 89% of his shots and Kobe had to take +20 shoots to score 40 points. Billups was off for most of the game with his shooting but he hit two big threes in the end (amazing shots).

Still the Nuggets looked like the better team and I expect them to win game 2.

Offline Ed Teach

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 8
The Nuggets looked like a better team than the Lakers, I still think they win the series.  They just made too many mistakes, mistakes that they have not been making in the playoffs or the end of the regular season.  I don't see the poor FT shooting and poor play by JR Smith continuing.  They played tight, if they can play through the nerves they will give the Lakers all they can handle.

I thought that the Birdman played very poorly compared to how he has been playing, if he can step it up and play like he has been Gasol should not be getting all those second chance put backs.

Also, why was Carter on the inbounds against Odom he is like 6' 10".  I would think when they saw that match up they would call a time out and change the inbounds play.