Author Topic: Ricky Rubio : BUST  (Read 8731 times)

Re: Ricky Rubio : BUST
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2009, 02:17:33 PM »

Offline thebirdman

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 31
It is funny how people comment on a guy they have seen play 2 times in their lives! Ridiculous!

Rubio is special! He will never average big numbers but he is a magical PG!

The guy averaged a triple double in U-16 European championship, he has played professional basketball since he was 14 and in Euroleague since he was 16...

He has proved himself in professional basketball already not some college guys who play against future chemists, journalists, economists...

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2009, 02:21:04 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
Rubio is the best 18 year-old plauyer in the world.  He's 6-4, a true point guard, and a great defender.  He was among the Euroleague leaders in steals at age 17.

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2009, 02:21:19 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
He will fit better on a team ready to contend and will be a better 6th man than starter material. Too much hype like dark0 and if he played in the ncaa would have been a late draft to early 2nd round prospect

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2009, 02:22:37 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
He will fit better on a team ready to contend and will be a better 6th man than starter material. Too much hype like dark0 and if he played in the ncaa would have been a late draft to early 2nd round prospect

based on what?

have you seen him play?

I love how all euro players have to be like darko and come in with a bad stink on them for some reason. Like That one high draft pick invalidates their entire existence.

I mean its not like a Euro player could ever be as good as an American player because they didn't go through the corrupt minor leagues of the NCAA right? guys like tony parker, dirk, nocioni, bags, gasol and a bunch of other quality European players don't make up for one bust.

By this logic, American basketball sucks, we have a bust with the first pick every 2 years or so.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 02:28:55 PM by crownsy »
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2009, 02:23:13 PM »

Offline Scribbles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 107
Fact is, somebody is going to take him instead of Ty Lawson and regret it for the next 12 years.

Lawson isn't going to be that good a pro.  I can't even think of a good UNC point guard to actually be a star in the NBA other than Kenny Smith.  

Lawson has stats similar to both Smith and Shammod Williams when he was in college.  He could turn out to be either one.  Depends how hard he works, but I highly doubt the team that picks Rubio will regret it.  

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2009, 02:25:33 PM »

Offline albas89

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74

You could have said exactly the same thing when the Bucks drafted Dirk and immediately traded him to the Mavs... ;D

And Dirk wasn't even half as good as Rubio when he was drafted...
"Life has so many hurdles. Some of them I've hopped over, some of them I've tripped over. The key is to get back up and finish the race."- Paul Pierce

And he did finish...

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2009, 02:30:08 PM »

Offline albas89

• Jayson Tatum

guys like tony parker, dirk, nocioni, bags, and a bunch of other quality European players don't make up for one bust.

Nocioni is Argentinian  :P
"Life has so many hurdles. Some of them I've hopped over, some of them I've tripped over. The key is to get back up and finish the race."- Paul Pierce

And he did finish...

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2009, 02:31:35 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

guys like tony parker, dirk, nocioni, bags, and a bunch of other quality European players don't make up for one bust.

my bad, point still stands. Euro players arent some crazy off shoot of real basketball players. This kid can play, and he'll do well or he won't, but To dismiss him before he even plays because he's European is foolish.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2009, 02:33:33 PM »

Offline albas89

• Jayson Tatum

my bad, point still stands

of course, Nocioni as well as Manu played basketball and became what they became in Europe!! ;)

And he did finish...

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2009, 03:04:57 PM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.
Apparently, the Twolves love him.  I'd like to see them get the #2 pick tonight.

You an me both, pal.  If not the 1st.  With our luck it'll probably be 5th again.

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2009, 06:28:10 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
Apparently, the Twolves love him.  I'd like to see them get the #2 pick tonight.

You an me both, pal.  If not the 1st.  With our luck it'll probably be 5th again.

Me too. Probably the best fit possible for him.

I have some doubts about Rubio myself (and I've watched him playing dozens of times) and I think he shouldn't enter the draft this season already. The fact that he didn't improve any aspect of his game this past season (in spite of the injury) was a yellow flag in my book.

Still, he's insanely talented and it was funny that this post appeared exactly the day after he had an amazing game with his team facing elimination in the playoffs and him playing injured (he had a groin strain in the previous game).

Here are the highlights (as a bonus you can see former Celtic lottery pick Moiso with some sick dunks):
http://acbtv.acb.com/video/1843

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2009, 06:53:26 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
I´ve said it before, and I´ll say it again:

The Golden State Warriors are the perfect franchise for Rubio.

Don Nelson can develop young talent.
Don Nelson can develop european talent.
If you want to market Rubio as the next Pistol Pete, there`s no better team for that than the Warriors.

And the names fit, too.   ;D
Imagine all the headlines: "Rubio missing piece for a golden crown" and what not. The whole Ruby/Gold thing. 
Rubio and Golden State is a match made in heaven, imo.
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.