Author Topic: Who are you hoping wins the draft lottery?  (Read 10793 times)

Re: Who are you hoping wins the draft lottery?
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2009, 07:39:13 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 591
Anyone but Memphis.  I can't forgive them for serving up Gasol to the Fakers for a bag of balls.

everyone in that org should be forced to have a pinapple shoved you know where everyday at noon for eternity >:(
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2009, 07:50:44 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 656
  • MASTER OF PANIC
somebody out west

« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2009, 08:25:35 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Warriors, who doesn't want to see Griffin getting 5 huge dunks a game in the warriors fast break offense.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2009, 09:12:02 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
OKC.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2009, 10:04:18 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
Anyone but Memphis.  I can't forgive them for serving up Gasol to the Fakers for a bag of balls.

everyone in that org should be forced to have a pinapple shoved you know where everyday at noon for eternity >:(

I'd rather have Marc Gasol than Pau. I think MG will end up being a franchise center.

« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2009, 12:59:01 AM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
along those lines I'm wondering what Minny would do if they get the # pick.  Jefferson, Love and Griffin? 

If Minny gets the #1 pick and Thunder get 3rd pick, would Minny trade Griffin to Ok. City for Thabeet and Jeff Green?  Would Minny be crazy to do that considering the significant dropoff after Griffin?

Although I think Green will be an all star in this league at some point, you just can't give away a talent like Griffin. Plus, I think that Thabeet guy is going to be a huge bust. Minnesota already passed on a very good player--Mayo. They will suffer the consequences for that down the road. If Minnesota is lucky enough to get the number one, you draft Griffin and be happy.

« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2009, 01:11:33 AM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
Truthfully, as long as the Clippers are out of the top five, I'll be happy. That franchise is a joke and has destroyed the prime years of some good players. Let's hope that doesn't happen this year.

Ideally, the Thunder or the Timberwolves will get the first pick. I have nothing against the Knicks, but it would be funny to see them get shafted--just because they are the Knicks. By the way, I like that kid Curry, but I see him as nothing more than a slightly more athletic version of Eddie House with a worse shot. In other words, he's not worthy of lottery pick.

« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2009, 01:21:03 AM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1672
Truthfully, as long as the Clippers are out of the top five, I'll be happy. That franchise is a joke and has destroyed the prime years of some good players. Let's hope that doesn't happen this year.

Ideally, the Thunder or the Timberwolves will get the first pick. I have nothing against the Knicks, but it would be funny to see them get shafted--just because they are the Knicks. By the way, I like that kid Curry, but I see him as nothing more than a slightly more athletic version of Eddie House with a worse shot. In other words, he's not worthy of lottery pick.

I agree with most of this post, especially the first part.  TP.

« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2009, 02:01:43 AM »

Offline Tw1x990

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 47
Am I the only one who wants the Kings?

When the Kings were good (early 2000's) they made me a basketball fan. They were so dynamic and so exciting .. There players were funny and entertaining. Divac, Peja and up and coming Hedo were great together .. Cristie was great too .. I just loved That team.

Then Horry hit 'the shot' and they got infamously screwed by the refs in what is being called the worst officiated game of all time.

They deserved a title during that stretch, and I hope they get it someday... not to mention that team needs SOMETHING to prevent them from moving which would be a disgrace.

They have a good young core aswell .. Kevin Martin is a top 10 offensive player in the league and they got good young players in Jason Thompson, Spencer Hawes, and Donte Greene ...

I want them to win the lottery .. although Rubio might be a better fit for that team then Griffin anyways.

« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2009, 08:52:49 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
T-wolves.  I want Al and Gomes to get some help.

2nd pick wouldn't hurt either since they could get Rubio.

3rd pick isn't atrocious since they could get Thabeet and move Al to PF where he belongs.

If Mchale got the #1 and wanted Rubio, I'd like to see him make a good trade for once and maybe move a spot down for the #2 and a good vet from the #2 team.  Of course matching salaries in that trade would have to be accounted for but the bottom line is I'd like to see Al and Gomes get a shot at the playoffs.  Great guys that deserve a shot at success.

« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2009, 02:10:02 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Part of me wants the Clippers to be good and have more fans in LA than the Lakers and have a good decade of the Lakers being as bad as the Clippers

« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2009, 08:50:36 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
The Clippers, Grizzlies, and Thunder, huh?  I'm hoping the Thunder end up #1.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2009, 08:51:55 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
The Clippers, Grizzlies, and Thunder, huh?  I'm hoping the Thunder end up #1.

Yezzir.

Durant + Griffin would be for the greater good of the NBA.

Grizzlies would just be evil.

Clippers no point he'll just leave in free agency.

« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2009, 08:53:42 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Congrats to the Clippers.

Happy the Grizzlies didn't get it.