Author Topic: Who are you hoping wins the draft lottery?  (Read 10758 times)

Re: Who are you hoping wins the draft lottery?
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2009, 12:20:14 PM »

Offline bknova

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 73
OKC. Their logo and unis are so bad
that I want nothing but good for them.
Oh, and their record didn't impress, either.

OKC has a nice little thing going on for them right now.  Too bad Durant will leave to be a Boston Celtic in a few years.....

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2009, 12:30:03 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I want to see the Oklahoma City Thunder get screwed over for how they treated the city of Seattle. Anybody but Oklahoma for the top two pick and I'm happy.

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2009, 12:49:00 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I want to see the Oklahoma City Thunder get screwed over for how they treated the city of Seattle. Anybody but Oklahoma for the top two pick and I'm happy.
In a more happy frame of mind ...

I'd like to see the T'Wolves get Rubio. I think he'd be great playing for Kevin McHale.

Okay, maybe not so positive ... I'd like to see the Nets, Bucks, Pacers, Bobcats, Warriors, Raptors and Suns punished for the poor management. I'll be unhappy if any of those teams move up to a top three pick. I really don't like the teams in the lottery -- I also want to see Memphis and the Clippers lose out. So that's 10 teams, including Oklahoma, I don't want to see near the top of the lottery.

So who am I left with? Only three teams. Sacramento, NY, Washington. I haven't liked Donnie Walsh's mixed minds in NY, so I want them to miss out too, but to draft Stephen Curry.

That leaves Sacramento and Washington, I think I'd like Washington to go #1, Minny #2, and Sacramento #3.

#1 Washington
#2 Minny
#3 Sacramento
#4 Clippers
#5 Oklahoma
#6 Memphis
#7 GSW
#8 NY
#9 Toronto
#10 Milwaukee
#11 NJ
#12 Charlotte
#13 Indiana
#14 Phoenix

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2009, 12:56:53 PM »

Offline BadNewsBarnes

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 41
Anyone but Memphis.  I can't forgive them for serving up Gasol to the Fakers for a bag of balls.

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2009, 01:07:28 PM »

Offline ToppersBsktball10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 27
  • Smooth As Silk.
thunder they have alotta young potential obviously 2 irst rounders this year i think and maybe 2 or three next year. they just need a big man

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2009, 01:39:15 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
I would love to see the Grizzlies get the number one pick, so then they could trade it and change to the Raptors for Bosh.

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2009, 02:57:31 PM »

Offline Mencius

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
I really hope the wolves (celtics west) get the first pick. i'm torn as to who they should pick.

blake griffin is a player and would improve the team immediately but defense is a huge issue for the wolf cubs.

i think thabeet would be a great defensive presence next to big al but i worry that they would crowd each other in the paint. remember the old "clog the middle" complaint of docs when he tried to play perk and all together.

maybe they trade the pick for a veteran star from a nowhere team.

where ever they pick i'm sure they will manage to screw it up... like not taking brook lopez last year. (though they freed themselves of some big contracts, brought back a supposedly dead eye shooter and positioned themselves nicely for the 2010 FA bonanza)

I'm with you.  I'm hoping the Wolves get it, mainly for Big Al's sake, and Ryan's to a lesser extent.  Think Al will always be a favorite of mine.  With Blake next to him, they'd have the foundation of something special.

To be honest, I hope they're good for McHale's sake too.  He was a huge part of my favorite teams ever (80's Celtics).

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2009, 03:44:43 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
The Wiz.

I'm a DC native and the city deserves to have a star like Blake Griffin for once.  In fact, if the Redskins ever got their act together, between Ryan Zimmerman, Blake Griffin, Alex Ovechkin, and Jason Campbell, there might actually be some energey in that town again.

I'm also a DC Native.  For some reason though, I love seeing the Wizards crash and burn.  In fact the only thing that irritates me about our championship season last year is that we lost to the Wizards three times.  I dont know why I have so much hate for the Wizards, I love all the other DC area franchises.  I'm a huge fan of the skins, caps, and orioles (i know theyre from baltimore but I grew up an O's fan, I cant switch just b/c DC got a team).

So, all that being said, I dont want to see the Wizards possibly get bailed out of the bad front office decisions they made last year, so heres my wish...

1. OKC
2. TWolves
3. Sactown
4. Memphis
5. Clippers
6. Washington
Greg

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2009, 04:04:25 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
OKC, i'd love to see a combo of Durant, and Blake Griffin. Plus Blake will have grown up in Oklahoma, played for the Sooners, and could lead the Thunder into the playoffs for the first time in franchise history.

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2009, 04:09:33 PM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.
TWolves (no doy!). Although they don't need Griffin and I think Rubio is much-overhyped.... but they need a PG, so if they land the top pick and take Rubio I'll be happy and optimistic.

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2009, 04:52:42 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
TWolves (no doy!). Although they don't need Griffin and I think Rubio is much-overhyped.... but they need a PG, so if they land the top pick and take Rubio I'll be happy and optimistic.

Or they could draft griffin and trade him to a team for PG.

« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2009, 04:58:35 PM »

Offline threats13

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 37
knicks will get a top 3 pick i guarantee that followed by all other big market teams who are on the brink of being a good team
The NBA..where "this whole sport is a business and the referees decide games and David Stern is a snake and is only in this for the money" happens.

« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2009, 04:59:45 PM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.

Or they could draft griffin and trade him to a team for PG.

Don't really know how that works because Griffin would be on his Base Year Contract... makes the salaries tough to match up.  Although they don have plenty of ugly contracts they could pair with Griffin...

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2009, 05:18:26 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Well first I think this is a pretty weak draft.  

I wouldn't wish anyone to go to Clipperland.  

The Kings seem to be a mess and they could be lottery bound for a number of years.

If they Wizards got the #1 pick they could get real good in a hurry if agent zero comes back healthy so I don't want to see that happen.  

The Thunder could be very fun to watch for a number of years if they got Griffin.  That would be one hell of a 1 2 punch with Durant and some nice pieces surrounding them.  

If the Wolves land Thabeet that could be a very solid big man rotation for a number of years with Jefferson and Kevin Love.  Jefferson could play a little more of what I think is his natural 4 spot.  

I'm not sold on Rubio and I will be rooting for Stephen Curry to do well next year.  

« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2009, 06:50:10 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
along those lines I'm wondering what Minny would do if they get the # pick.  Jefferson, Love and Griffin? 

If Minny gets the #1 pick and Thunder get 3rd pick, would Minny trade Griffin to Ok. City for Thabeet and Jeff Green?  Would Minny be crazy to do that considering the significant dropoff after Griffin?