Author Topic: Rondo part Deux?  (Read 5616 times)

Re: Rondo part Deux?
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2009, 07:10:44 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
Btw, in DX mock draft, the international players going 45-60 are: Vladimir Dasic, Nando De Colo, Henk Norel, Milenko Tepic, Emir Preldzic,  Slava Kravtsov.

Tepic (they have him as a combo guard but he's actually a prototypical point-forward) is the better player, followed by De Colo, but in my view none of them has the physical tools to be a contributor in the NBA. De Colo could be interesting as a PG, but his ball-handling skills are sub-par and he doesn't have the vision and instincts of a point-guard. Very good players for top European teams though.

Preldzic (another point-forward) is in a similar situation, it won't be easy for him to translate his game. He'd be a tweener in the NBA, unable to guard almost everyone and whose best skill would be taken away from him by the quicker NBA defenders. At least he'd need to learn to shoot the ball from the outside. Anyway, with the #58 it would be a decent pick.

Henk Norel is a big man, a bit better than Erden and without the garbage, but still very far away from being a NBA contributor, especially due to his body. He's a little raw, but has solid fundamentals, very good executing the pick'n'roll and the pick'n'pop and has soft hands. If he ever fills out, he has the tools to be a bench contributor in the NBA. He's also somewhat goofy, the way he looks and moves on the floor, he could fill Scalabrine's role in due time (he's already DKV's Scalabrine in that sense). A very solid pick with the #58.

Slava Kravtsov is an Ukrainian big that I've never seen playing.

Dasic is another 3/4 with great athleticism, solid shooting skills and a ferocious defender (I've watched his coach assigning him to defend a very quick PG that was killing them with penetration and he's like 6'8'' tall). He reminds me of Bostjan Nachbar at his age offensively, although I think Dasic would be better served by turning himself into a face-up four. He'd be an excellent pick with the #58, but I find very hard to believe he falls that far.

Re: Rondo part Deux?
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2009, 10:44:48 PM »

Offline yupitsme

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 12
  • "My team about green RONDO roger that" - Fabolous
Tradetime may be on to something...here is his listings from the combine

6'1" with a 6'10" wingspan, 39" max vert, and the 3rd highest lane agility time. Very good defense. quick release and a good jumper.

dude sounds like he's worth moving up for. and he does sound alot like Rondo without the years in the NBA of course.