Author Topic: What's up with the huge lump on LeBron's jaw? (Merged)  (Read 35410 times)

Re: What's up with the huge lump on LeBron's jaw?
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2009, 03:45:37 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
My jaws like that and i'm 14 so does that mean i used PEDS too? Hes clean hes not using steroids. hes using RGMECR (Refs give me every call roids)

I wouldn`t be so absolute abut him using or not but you have a point. He is literaly a freak of nature so by definition his body is not working as the average. Like many men that their body by itself produce more testosterone.

And by rephrasing i`d say everyone is clean unless proven otherwise.... But ask yourselves how come NBA playera are off limit for the WADA agents ?

« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2009, 04:14:38 PM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
Awww I just tried to respond on my trolled thread but it got locked  :(
God bless and good night!

« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2009, 04:24:16 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
The NBA anti-doping policy is a joke. I'm pretty sure that a large majority of the players is using PEDs, not only LeBron James (otoh, I highly doubt anyone is using steroids).

« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2009, 04:25:56 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
The NBA anti-doping policy is a joke. I'm pretty sure that a large majority of the players is using PEDs, not only LeBron James (otoh, I highly doubt anyone is using steroids).

This is a good point. While I also doubt many (some def are I think) are using steroid. It wouldn't be much of a surprise to learn that drugs like ephedrine were commonly used.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2009, 04:41:29 PM »

Offline markketch

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 16

Yep, apparently you're not allowed to make jokes about Celtics players, rather you can only poke fun at players who are non-Celtics. ::)

« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2009, 05:00:39 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

Yep, apparently you're not allowed to make jokes about Celtics players, rather you can only poke fun at players who are non-Celtics. ::)

Absolutely correct.  That's why this place is called Celticsblog; fans of other teams are not permitted to insult our players.

Please confine future criticism of our rules to personal messages, or to the dedicated thread in the Comments and Remarks forum.  Regarding this thread, I'd ask you to stay on topic.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2009, 05:01:37 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice

This is a good point. While I also doubt many (some def are I think) are using steroid. It wouldn't be much of a surprise to learn that drugs like ephedrine were commonly used.

Or stuff like HGH, that is tough to detect with most urine tests, or even blood transfusions. The fact that the NBA doesn't perform blood tests, especially random blood tests during the off-season, neither saves the collected samples for further analysis in the future, is basically an invitation to athletes and trainers to use PEDs.

Anyway, it's all about the fans. As long as people don't care about this issue, they won't do anything.

« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2009, 05:23:02 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
To me, any discussion of PED's in Basketball should not be starting with Lebron James.  While he is a prime suspect, to me the two most obvious suspects are Dwight Howard, and our very own Kendrick Perkins.  They both completely transformed their bodies, in a relatively short period of time into pretty much super-human physiques.  I would also throw Rajon Rondo, who has gained a ton of muscle since entering the NBA, into the mix.

And to be honest, I couldn't care less.  Right now, I assume just about everyone is on something.  There are so few natural looking bodies out there anymore.  Even Scalabrine looks like he's been drinking some sort of meat tenderizer. 

Until they come up with tests, to actually catch everyone who is juicing, I don't see the point in singling out anyone.

« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2009, 05:24:36 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
This is kinda off topic and probably a year too late, but has sports found a truly definitive blood test for hgh?

« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2009, 05:25:23 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
This is kinda off topic and probably a year too late, but has sports found a truly definitive blood test for hgh?

I don't think so, no.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2009, 05:26:29 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
To me, any discussion of PED's in Basketball should not be starting with Lebron James.  While he is a prime suspect, to me the two most obvious suspects are Dwight Howard, and our very own Kendrick Perkins.  They both completely transformed their bodies, in a relatively short period of time into pretty much super-human physiques.  I would also throw Rajon Rondo, who has gained a ton of muscle since entering the NBA, into the mix.

And to be honest, I couldn't care less.  Right now, I assume just about everyone is on something.  There are so few natural looking bodies out there anymore.  Even Scalabrine looks like he's been drinking some sort of meat tenderizer. 

Until they come up with tests, to actually catch everyone who is juicing, I don't see the point in singling out anyone.

I kinda disagree about likely targets. I'd look at guys coming back from injuries first. Or guys outta the league. Chris Anderson comes to mind, Brendan Haywood, Etan Thomas, or even mr feel good story SHaun Livingston. While Im not making any kind of judgements on the character of these guys, they're the most logical choices.

« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2009, 05:29:41 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

I don't think so, no.

Science needs to get a move on if they ever wanna catch up with PED's. If there is no definitive HGH test, that means the only way to detect it is through establishing a baseline Test. level (which is impossible if they were always taking HGH), then monitor rigorously. Extremely impractical.

NOTE: There have been blood tests since 2004 for HGH, disregard the above.

« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2009, 05:33:08 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

I kinda disagree about likely targets. I'd look at guys coming back from injuries first. Or guys outta the league. Chris Anderson comes to mind, Brendan Haywood, Etan Thomas, or even mr feel good story SHaun Livingston. While Im not making any kind of judgements on the character of these guys, they're the most logical choices.

For HGH maybe, but I would be shocked if some of the monsters in the league like Howard and Perk are not on some sort of steroids.  You simply do not see people built like that without some enhancement.

I am not an expert on what the latest PEDs of choice are, but I do think they are not just used by players coming back from injuries.

Good call on Chris Anderson though.  He fits in the Howard and Perk category as well, with the amount of muscle he has put on. 

« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2009, 05:36:19 PM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
Please.  Look at Perkins next to Howard.

Howard's upper body is MUCH bigger than Perkins, and his legs are much smaller.

Rondo?  You've got to be kidding me.
God bless and good night!

« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2009, 05:39:53 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

For HGH maybe, but I would be shocked if some of the monsters in the league like Howard and Perk are not on some sort of steroids.  You simply do not see people built like that without some enhancement.

I am not an expert on what the latest PEDs of choice are, but I do think they are not just used by players coming back from injuries.

Good call on Chris Anderson though.  He fits in the Howard and Perk category as well, with the amount of muscle he has put on. 

Not 10 years ago surely, but with kid starting training earlier and smarter, we are really testing the limits of the human body. Probably helps the case though that these guys are using.

But you know what, I like do think basketball is maybe the last 'clean' sport. Don't you go takin that away from me, Chris.