Author Topic: Lewis a little bitter after loss  (Read 13033 times)

Re: Lewis a little bitter after loss
« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2009, 08:15:51 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
The Celts won't cry if the Magic or anyone else do it to them

« Reply #61 on: May 13, 2009, 10:15:18 AM »

Offline slamdunk

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 56
  • I'mPossible
This isn't that big a deal. They were just frustrated over losing the game.

« Reply #62 on: May 13, 2009, 10:21:11 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Howards thoughts on the C's celebrating/trash talking, Big Baby and the kid etc:

BIG BOUNCE-BACK GAME TONIGHT
May 12th, 2009

People who know me know that I’m always about keeping guys loose, so I’ve been trying to get our guys spirits back up after that loss the other night. We know it was just one game and what position we’re in now. We just have to go play and get a win. Then, nobody will be thinking about that Big Baby shot.

It’s just about us bouncing back now and getting not one, but two wins and getting this series. We know we’re a good team and we’re not going to be killed by one shot.

Big Baby hit a tough shot. If he would have held the ball one more second or missed it, we’d be up 3-1. But it happened to go in. It just wasn’t to be for us, so we move on now.

We were a little bit upset about the way the Celtics celebrated after the game. You win you don’t have to talk trash. Everybody plays basketball and the better team will win and there’s no need for the trash talking. My approach has always been about being humble. When you make a big shot, that’s what you are supposed to do, so act like you expected it.
Some people up here in Boston are talking about Bib Baby bumping into that kid after the shot. I don’t think he m eant to hit the kid. He was just excited about hitting a big shot. He wasn’t trying to hurt anybody and Big Baby isn’t a mean guy. He was so excited, so he probably didn’t even see the kid.

Boston will be emotional tonight and it will be about us weathering that storm. We’re a good team and we bounce back well. It’s just about being consistent with our effort. We’ll be ready for whatever they throw at us.
Will somebody please get Dwight and Rashard some Midol?

I mean, do you not think that if tonight's game went badly in the final minutes for us and they sank a game winner on our floor that they wouldn't be celebrating a wee bit over the top too?  Please.

Dwight...hit a game winner for once before you start talking about how you should act after hitting one.  

I quite vividly remember in a regular season game (jan 22nd) dwight staring at his hand for 10seconds after making a hook over perk and then doing some stupid pose to the camera after a garbage dunk. He went on to score 11points ;) How is that acting humble???

Can someone explain to me how this guy is likable?  He does dumb stuff like that, complains constantly when clearly not fouled, has no offensive game, and constantly has a big dumb grin on his face instead of a serious tone when it's necessary.  I mean Big Baby is a goof, but he brings it when he needs to.  Howard is not a likable player.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #63 on: May 13, 2009, 11:41:37 AM »

Offline youcanthandlethetruth113

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 153
Howards thoughts on the C's celebrating/trash talking, Big Baby and the kid etc:

BIG BOUNCE-BACK GAME TONIGHT
May 12th, 2009

People who know me know that I’m always about keeping guys loose, so I’ve been trying to get our guys spirits back up after that loss the other night. We know it was just one game and what position we’re in now. We just have to go play and get a win. Then, nobody will be thinking about that Big Baby shot.

It’s just about us bouncing back now and getting not one, but two wins and getting this series. We know we’re a good team and we’re not going to be killed by one shot.

Big Baby hit a tough shot. If he would have held the ball one more second or missed it, we’d be up 3-1. But it happened to go in. It just wasn’t to be for us, so we move on now.

We were a little bit upset about the way the Celtics celebrated after the game. You win you don’t have to talk trash. Everybody plays basketball and the better team will win and there’s no need for the trash talking. My approach has always been about being humble. When you make a big shot, that’s what you are supposed to do, so act like you expected it.
Some people up here in Boston are talking about Bib Baby bumping into that kid after the shot. I don’t think he m eant to hit the kid. He was just excited about hitting a big shot. He wasn’t trying to hurt anybody and Big Baby isn’t a mean guy. He was so excited, so he probably didn’t even see the kid.

Boston will be emotional tonight and it will be about us weathering that storm. We’re a good team and we bounce back well. It’s just about being consistent with our effort. We’ll be ready for whatever they throw at us.
Will somebody please get Dwight and Rashard some Midol?

I mean, do you not think that if tonight's game went badly in the final minutes for us and they sank a game winner on our floor that they wouldn't be celebrating a wee bit over the top too?  Please.

Dwight...hit a game winner for once before you start talking about how you should act after hitting one.  

I quite vividly remember in a regular season game (jan 22nd) dwight staring at his hand for 10seconds after making a hook over perk and then doing some stupid pose to the camera after a garbage dunk. He went on to score 11points ;) How is that acting humble???

Can someone explain to me how this guy is likable?  He does dumb stuff like that, complains constantly when clearly not fouled, has no offensive game, and constantly has a big dumb grin on his face instead of a serious tone when it's necessary.  I mean Big Baby is a goof, but he brings it when he needs to.  Howard is not a likable player.

Don't forget his "suck it" hand gesture from earlier this year either against the Knicks! Humble my a**!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfAFnvlfTGc

"Perk is not an alley-oop guy" - Tommy Heinson - Feb 27th 2008 vs. Cleveland

« Reply #64 on: May 13, 2009, 10:21:39 PM »

Offline kheeko

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 69
after last night, how ya like them apples dwight?