Author Topic: Lewis a little bitter after loss  (Read 13088 times)

Re: Lewis a little bitter after loss
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2009, 11:55:09 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
I'm sure Rashard would be jumping
up and down after a last-second W, too.

Nuff said.

Not just a last second jumper, but likely a season saver for a team defending it's title with an arm tied behind its back...If you're not emotional after that there's something wrong with you.

Did you hear that, Mr. Lewis?

« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2009, 11:55:34 AM »

Offline goz421

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 34
Oh my God.  Everyone wants to hate on a winner and that is all they got.  Can't these losers find anything better to do then post hate about the C's for absolutely nothing besides being a Celtic.

Keep crying and I guarantee you will keep losing.  The negative emotion doesn't build a fire.  It builds angst and mental breakdowns like you see with Alston.  Look for mental mistakes by the Magic tonight.  They are showing they are weak mentally as physically they are the superior team.

Why do you think Barkley said he didn't like the magic in a close game?  If they can't blow out the C's they are in trouble.  What the magic lack is a slasher at the 3 position who can draw fouls like Pierce and Allen.  the great teams have this.

The Magic shot to many 3's to be a top team.  Remember the C's with Antoine.  Remember the breakdown when the defense tightenned.

« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2009, 11:58:57 AM »

Offline goz421

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 34
How come no one mentions Pietrus staring down the Boston bench after an emphatic dunk during a blowout.  Am I the only one that saw that.  Hypocrites.

« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2009, 01:06:45 PM »

Offline youcanthandlethetruth113

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 153
anyone else think lewis said this to try to generate some sort of fire in teh rest of his team after a soul crushing loss?

That's what I thought when I read it.

Agreed. I thinkn Lewis will be particularly extra aggresive on offense tonight (especially in the paint). I hope Prof. Thib/Scal have a concentrated strategy to shut him down tonight. Go C's!
"Perk is not an alley-oop guy" - Tommy Heinson - Feb 27th 2008 vs. Cleveland

« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2009, 01:46:46 PM »

Offline Thruthelookingglass

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 133
I am not saying the C's should have just walked off the floor, but taunting after the shot is a little amateurish.

celebrate the shot.  no need to taunt when the series is tied.

It was fun to watch BBD get so excited.  He's one guy I usually give a pass to because I know that he is a very emotional player and that he's usually operating on enthusiasm, (the MF's on Sunday aside) not spite.

However, I want to impart one of my favorite lines ever, from Marcus Allen.  A rookie approached veteran Marcus Allen and asked him, "What should I do in the endzone when I score my first touchdown, Marcus?"

Allen replied, "Try to act like you've been there before."

« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2009, 03:10:43 PM »

Offline GeoDim

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 22
If the Magic cannot defeat the Celts without their best player, how can they expect to contend next year?  They are still a second-tier team.

« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2009, 03:17:10 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
If the Magic cannot defeat the Celts without their best player, how can they expect to contend next year?  They are still a second-tier team.

they always will be until they add a 3 or 2 who can drive, dish, and draw fouls. they need a slasher, hedo doesn't count. he can do it, but not on a regular basis.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2009, 03:40:57 PM »

Offline muddy02

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 8
I am not saying the C's should have just walked off the floor, but taunting after the shot is a little amateurish.

It was fun to watch BBD get so excited.  He's one guy I usually give a pass to because I know that he is a very emotional player and that he's usually operating on enthusiasm, (the MF's on Sunday aside) not spite.

However, I want to impart one of my favorite lines ever, from Marcus Allen.  A rookie approached veteran Marcus Allen and asked him, "What should I do in the endzone when I score my first touchdown, Marcus?"

sorry but that's such an overused cliche.  Act like you've been there before?  what does that have to actually do with showing emotion and excitement?  just cause you've "been there before" doesn't mean you know the outcome, and are overjoyed when the shot goes in.

i'd rather see the natural reaction of a human being showing emotion, than a robot acting like other people think they should act.  What's the point of competition??

« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2009, 04:27:28 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!

celebration...come on....

Do u really think a baby wth a truck is dangerous??

« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 04:32:50 PM by Edgar »
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2009, 04:48:11 PM »

Offline kheeko

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 69
TP^ bahahahahahha

« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2009, 04:50:27 PM »

Offline kheeko

• Jrue Holiday
Howards thoughts on the C's celebrating/trash talking, Big Baby and the kid etc:

BIG BOUNCE-BACK GAME TONIGHT
May 12th, 2009

People who know me know that I’m always about keeping guys loose, so I’ve been trying to get our guys spirits back up after that loss the other night. We know it was just one game and what position we’re in now. We just have to go play and get a win. Then, nobody will be thinking about that Big Baby shot.

It’s just about us bouncing back now and getting not one, but two wins and getting this series. We know we’re a good team and we’re not going to be killed by one shot.

Big Baby hit a tough shot. If he would have held the ball one more second or missed it, we’d be up 3-1. But it happened to go in. It just wasn’t to be for us, so we move on now.

We were a little bit upset about the way the Celtics celebrated after the game. You win you don’t have to talk trash. Everybody plays basketball and the better team will win and there’s no need for the trash talking. My approach has always been about being humble. When you make a big shot, that’s what you are supposed to do, so act like you expected it.

Some people up here in Boston are talking about Bib Baby bumping into that kid after the shot. I don’t think he m eant to hit the kid. He was just excited about hitting a big shot. He wasn’t trying to hurt anybody and Big Baby isn’t a mean guy. He was so excited, so he probably didn’t even see the kid.

Boston will be emotional tonight and it will be about us weathering that storm. We’re a good team and we bounce back well. It’s just about being consistent with our effort. We’ll be ready for whatever they throw at us.

« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2009, 05:25:12 PM »

Offline Thruthelookingglass

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 133

sorry but that's such an overused cliche.  Act like you've been there before?  what does that have to actually do with showing emotion and excitement?  just cause you've "been there before" doesn't mean you know the outcome, and are overjoyed when the shot goes in.

i'd rather see the natural reaction of a human being showing emotion, than a robot acting like other people think they should act.  What's the point of competition??

I'm not sure I understand where you get the robot part from my post.  The dividing line is not between emotion and no emotion, it is between being a good sport and being a jerk.

« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2009, 05:26:21 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Law mercy!
Howards thoughts on the C's celebrating/trash talking, Big Baby and the kid etc:

May 12th, 2009

People who know me know that I’m always about keeping guys loose, so I’ve been trying to get our guys spirits back up after that loss the other night. We know it was just one game and what position we’re in now. We just have to go play and get a win. Then, nobody will be thinking about that Big Baby shot.

It’s just about us bouncing back now and getting not one, but two wins and getting this series. We know we’re a good team and we’re not going to be killed by one shot.

Big Baby hit a tough shot. If he would have held the ball one more second or missed it, we’d be up 3-1. But it happened to go in. It just wasn’t to be for us, so we move on now.

We were a little bit upset about the way the Celtics celebrated after the game. You win you don’t have to talk trash. Everybody plays basketball and the better team will win and there’s no need for the trash talking. My approach has always been about being humble. When you make a big shot, that’s what you are supposed to do, so act like you expected it.

Some people up here in Boston are talking about Bib Baby bumping into that kid after the shot. I don’t think he m eant to hit the kid. He was just excited about hitting a big shot. He wasn’t trying to hurt anybody and Big Baby isn’t a mean guy. He was so excited, so he probably didn’t even see the kid.

Boston will be emotional tonight and it will be about us weathering that storm. We’re a good team and we bounce back well. It’s just about being consistent with our effort. We’ll be ready for whatever they throw at us.
Will somebody please get Dwight and Rashard some Midol?

I mean, do you not think that if tonight's game went badly in the final minutes for us and they sank a game winner on our floor that they wouldn't be celebrating a wee bit over the top too?  Please.

Dwight...hit a game winner for once before you start talking about how you should act after hitting one.  

« Reply #58 on: May 12, 2009, 06:44:06 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2525

With Jameer Nelson back, they are a very, very tough team. If "second tier" means the 3rd or 4th best team in the league, perhaps you are correct -- but I'd say there are 5 top tier teams when all are healthhy, and the Magic are one of them. 

« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2009, 06:52:05 PM »

Offline jackson_34

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 166

May 12th, 2009

Will somebody please get Dwight and Rashard some Midol?

I mean, do you not think that if tonight's game went badly in the final minutes for us and they sank a game winner on our floor that they wouldn't be celebrating a wee bit over the top too?  Please.

Dwight...hit a game winner for once before you start talking about how you should act after hitting one.  

I quite vividly remember in a regular season game (jan 22nd) dwight staring at his hand for 10seconds after making a hook over perk and then doing some stupid pose to the camera after a garbage dunk. He went on to score 11points ;) How is that acting humble???