Author Topic: Lewis a little bitter after loss  (Read 13086 times)

Re: Lewis a little bitter after loss
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2009, 04:32:40 PM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300
Didn't have too much of a problem with the celebration, although i think it's a better idea to hit that shot and just run directly to the dressing room and celebrate; that way you get to avoid all of this BS...

To me it's no suprise that this is coming from Rashard Lewis aka one of the softest players in the league.  A 6'10'' power forward that is invisible defensively, doesn't rebound, doesn't attack the basket, and doesn't do anything on the block except shoot fadeaway jumpers - he's a glorified Mikki Moore who I'd prefer to face rather than have on my own team. 

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2009, 04:39:54 PM »

Offline ToppersBsktball10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 27
  • Smooth As Silk.
so hedo can waggle his balls after beating boston....pop his jersey in philly and it is cool...as soon as it happens to orlando he cries....orlando and their fans are a bunch of wusses
since when did hedo have balls? he must be on the same drug as manny haha

« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2009, 04:47:17 PM »

Offline CDawg834

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
I generally don't like taunting, but maybe that's the stuff that we need to get our swagger back.  A lot of opposing players were suggesting that the Celts talked to much last year and earlier this season.  After the KG injury, that's stopped a little bit.  Maybe we need that fire back, and some of that comes from our guys thumping their chests and trash talking.

Again, I prefer it not to happen, but if that's what our team needs, I'll live with it.

(Also, I've got no complaints with celebrating, etc.  Any criticism is only limited to taunting, etc.)

Agreed on that end, Roy.  The one thing that was a little over the top to me is the constant stream of F-Bombs, apparently a new thing Baby has picked up from KG.  This isn't a holier-than-thou post against swearing, since I do it too, but it's tough at times to enjoy a big moment like this when the first thing you see on camera after the game winner is "MFer MFer MFer!"  You won't see that in the "Where Amazing Happens" commercials. :P

I don't think it's the downfall of society or anything, but I just thought it was unnecessary.

On a side note, Baby, give up the KG personality impersonation...I know he is your mentor, but that's just not you, and it just looks off.  Follow his lead as a player, but seeing BBD stick his chin out and drop F-bombs, it seems so forced.

i don't know, i've seen that all season from him, i think he genuinely gets really fired up.  i mean, you probably saw how angry he was with himslef for picking up that 4th (could have been 3rd?) foul after just getting back it.  he was really angry with himself for letting down the team in his mind.  I think a lot of it has rubbed off from KG, yes, but is it forced or fake?  i don't think that's true at all.  i love it.  even the reaction to getting fouled by DHo.  i'd rather see that than a JD Drew face for the entire game.

Oh I don't doubt his desire to play well at all, I just can't help but laugh sometimes when he looks like he is parodying KG with some of his mannerisms.  I do love his fire, I just hope it's genuine and not just trying to look like KG.

And without JD Drew, we wouldn't have any unintentional comedy.  The Ellsbury steal of home was made 1000000 times better by Drew completely no-selling it and standing motionless outside the batters box.

« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2009, 05:35:05 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I'm sure Rashard would be jumping
up and down after a last-second W, too.

Nuff said.

Not just a last second jumper, but likely a season saver for a team defending it's title with an arm tied behind its back...If you're not emotional after that there's something wrong with you.
Yup

« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2009, 05:46:43 PM »

Offline GeoDim

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 22

« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2009, 05:59:16 PM »

Offline paintitgreen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 154
To me, it's fine to celebrate a season-saving shot, but you have to remember, it saved the Celtics from almost certain playoff exit, but did not guarantee them advancement to the next round. They still have to win 2 of 3 against this team. So I don't think excessive taunting is necessary, or even a good idea. Better to "act like you've been there" and walk off in my opinion. That way the loss is crushing, not potentially motivating.

That Orlando team will come out strong in Game 5. We need to get Ray going early and get a big lead. Orlando can come back from a loss, even a bad one (see Game 3); what they haven't shown they can do in any series is come back from a big deficit in a game. To me, getting a 15-point lead early on is a good way to get the Magic to shift their attention to Game 6.
Go Celtics.

« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2009, 06:23:54 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
For Rashard I have some advice from the Prince of Darkness, No more tears.

« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2009, 06:27:55 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Rashard Lewis can shut his mouth and stop complaining. If they scored like that, he would celebrate the same way. Which makes him a hypocrite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPpo0NyBeLA&feature=related

They weren't that "professional" after this? Nor were they "professional" after Lewis's buzzer-beater against the Pistons.

PM this to Rashard!
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2009, 07:00:38 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
i think the celtics NEED to hate the magic to beat them.

« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2009, 07:05:10 PM »

Offline tb727

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
I like Lewis- always thought he was a classy guy and solid player.  With that said he's definitely not worth his contract.

He's probably trying to get his team fired up for the next game.  This is all to try and gain an advantage because he wants to win the series.

I could see that bothering him as much as the Cavs celebrating bothered me a little earlier in the season.
Jay Wingspan Bilas

« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2009, 07:19:31 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11844
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
Teams don't always celebrate like that at the end of games. But if a team wins a game at the buzzer every team celebrates because it is such an emotional moment.  When the Celtics blew them out in game 2 there was no celebration like this.  But, the emotions of winning a hard fought close game with a shot at the buzzer just spill out.  I don't care who the team is. If it was the other way around, Magic would have been just as emotional.   

« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2009, 07:51:56 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
"It most definitely adds fuel to the fire," Lewis said. "We don't like that type of stuff. You have to be professional about the game of basketball. We're a professional team and we expect them to be the same way.

"Those guys were jumping up and down, waving their hands at us, saying bye, but it's not over yet; it's just 2-2," Lewis added. "We could have done the same thing when we won on their court, but we're more professional than that. They still have to win ballgames. The series ain't over yet."

Oh really, Shard?  Wasn't that your teamates that were involved in the two least professional plays of the playoffs so far? 

Nothing I have seen so far has been more classless than Rafer's upside the head slap, and Howard's elbow to the head of a guy with his back turned after the play. 

All that bud he's smoking not only makes him a bad defender, but apparently it's seriously affected his short term memory too. 

« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2009, 11:12:54 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
I really don't know why anyone is wasting time even talking about this.  Everyone celebrates after a buzzer beater, even during the regular season.  It was a dumb comment that makes no sense.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2009, 11:39:18 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
I generally don't like taunting, but maybe that's the stuff that we need to get our swagger back.  A lot of opposing players were suggesting that the Celts talked to much last year and earlier this season.  After the KG injury, that's stopped a little bit.  Maybe we need that fire back, and some of that comes from our guys thumping their chests and trash talking.

Again, I prefer it not to happen, but if that's what our team needs, I'll live with it.

(Also, I've got no complaints with celebrating, etc.  Any criticism is only limited to taunting, etc.)

Agreed on that end, Roy.  The one thing that was a little over the top to me is the constant stream of F-Bombs, apparently a new thing Baby has picked up from KG.  This isn't a holier-than-thou post against swearing, since I do it too, but it's tough at times to enjoy a big moment like this when the first thing you see on camera after the game winner is "MFer MFer MFer!"  You won't see that in the "Where Amazing Happens" commercials. :P

I don't think it's the downfall of society or anything, but I just thought it was unnecessary.

On a side note, Baby, give up the KG personality impersonation...I know he is your mentor, but that's just not you, and it just looks off.  Follow his lead as a player, but seeing BBD stick his chin out and drop F-bombs, it seems so forced.

I also don't like taunting.  For one thing, it's always going to make you a hypocrite at some point after you lose and the other team dances in your face.  Second, when you do it you create more work for yourselves going forward by lighting a fire under the other team.  Third, it's high-schoolish.

As for Baby for Baby and Garnett's relationship, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if it's a love hate affair.  You love that the guy has the power to make you better but you hate the humiliating process it involves psychologically.  Baby, Ty. Thomas and Noah are a close group.  Remember Noah's comment about KG saying he's no longer a fan since hearing what kind of person KG is?  What's Noah's source for what kind of person KG is?  Maybe it was something Baby said to his best friend Ty. Thomas after the bench crying episode.I think KG broke Baby like a horse, and there's some animosity involved in that.  I think his emotion and the FBombs are sincere emotion and partly directed at the mentor he both loves and hates.

« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2009, 11:51:55 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

I also don't like taunting.  For one thing, it's always going to make you a hypocrite at some point after you lose and the other team dances in your face.  Second, when you do it you create more work for yourselves going forward by lighting a fire under the other team.  Third, it's high-schoolish.

As for Baby for Baby and Garnett's relationship, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if it's a love hate affair.  You love that the guy has the power to make you better but you hate the humiliating process it involves psychologically.  Baby, Ty. Thomas and Noah are a close group.  Remember Noah's comment about KG saying he's no longer a fan since hearing what kind of person KG is?  What's Noah's source for what kind of person KG is?  Maybe it was something Baby said to his best friend Ty. Thomas after the bench crying episode.I think KG broke Baby like a horse, and there's some animosity involved in that.  I think his emotion and the FBombs are sincere emotion and partly directed at the mentor he both loves and hates.

Noah didn't say hearing, he said during this series. I think noah's source is probley the domination he's taken at KG's hands for two years every time the bulls play the celtics and KG yelling at him up and down the court last series.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion