Author Topic: Lewis a little bitter after loss  (Read 13087 times)

Re: Lewis a little bitter after loss
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2009, 01:25:02 PM »

Offline vagrantwade

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
For those who are unaware. Late in the 4th, the Magic bench was taunting . . . the Celtics bench. That is why KG and Perk acted the way they did after the shot.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 01:25:31 PM by Roy Hobbs »

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2009, 01:26:31 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 592
I didnt see what Perk and KG did, when and how exactly did they taunt?
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2009, 01:28:05 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
I didnt see what Perk and KG did, when and how exactly did they taunt?

they waved goodbye.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2009, 01:31:44 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Rashard Lewis can shut his mouth and stop complaining. If they scored like that, he would celebrate the same way. Which makes him a hypocrite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPpo0NyBeLA&feature=related

They weren't that "professional" after this? Nor were they "professional" after Lewis's buzzer-beater against the Pistons.
I didn't see anything in that video. They just gathered together. They didn't run to half court off the bench like Perk.

Perhaps you can find a more relevant video?

The Celtics have a lot of the personality of PP and KG, and they are both less than gracious when on the court. If Lewis is going to complain about it, he can always play a pansy sport like baseball.

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2009, 01:35:02 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
Rashard Lewis can shut his mouth and stop complaining. If they scored like that, he would celebrate the same way. Which makes him a hypocrite.

They weren't that "professional" after this? Nor were they "professional" after Lewis's buzzer-beater against the Pistons.
I didn't see anything in that video. They just gathered together. They didn't run to half court off the bench like Perk.

Perhaps you can find a more relevant video?

The Celtics have a lot of the personality of PP and KG, and they are both less than gracious when on the court. If Lewis is going to complain about it, he can always play a pansy sport like baseball.

I didn't watch that video, but I remember watching it live and they were very "[un]professional" - if that's what our celebration is regarded as.

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2009, 01:55:38 PM »

Offline CDawg834

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
I generally don't like taunting, but maybe that's the stuff that we need to get our swagger back.  A lot of opposing players were suggesting that the Celts talked to much last year and earlier this season.  After the KG injury, that's stopped a little bit.  Maybe we need that fire back, and some of that comes from our guys thumping their chests and trash talking.

Again, I prefer it not to happen, but if that's what our team needs, I'll live with it.

(Also, I've got no complaints with celebrating, etc.  Any criticism is only limited to taunting, etc.)

Agreed on that end, Roy.  The one thing that was a little over the top to me is the constant stream of F-Bombs, apparently a new thing Baby has picked up from KG.  This isn't a holier-than-thou post against swearing, since I do it too, but it's tough at times to enjoy a big moment like this when the first thing you see on camera after the game winner is "MFer MFer MFer!"  You won't see that in the "Where Amazing Happens" commercials. :P

I don't think it's the downfall of society or anything, but I just thought it was unnecessary.

On a side note, Baby, give up the KG personality impersonation...I know he is your mentor, but that's just not you, and it just looks off.  Follow his lead as a player, but seeing BBD stick his chin out and drop F-bombs, it seems so forced.

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2009, 01:56:45 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
For those who are unaware. Late in the 4th, the Magic bench was taunting . . . the Celtics bench. That is why KG and Perk acted the way they did after the shot.
Any video or more detailed description of when and what they were doing?

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2009, 02:02:02 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2009, 03:30:19 PM »

Offline muddy02

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 8
I generally don't like taunting, but maybe that's the stuff that we need to get our swagger back.  A lot of opposing players were suggesting that the Celts talked to much last year and earlier this season.  After the KG injury, that's stopped a little bit.  Maybe we need that fire back, and some of that comes from our guys thumping their chests and trash talking.

Again, I prefer it not to happen, but if that's what our team needs, I'll live with it.

(Also, I've got no complaints with celebrating, etc.  Any criticism is only limited to taunting, etc.)

Agreed on that end, Roy.  The one thing that was a little over the top to me is the constant stream of F-Bombs, apparently a new thing Baby has picked up from KG.  This isn't a holier-than-thou post against swearing, since I do it too, but it's tough at times to enjoy a big moment like this when the first thing you see on camera after the game winner is "MFer MFer MFer!"  You won't see that in the "Where Amazing Happens" commercials. :P

I don't think it's the downfall of society or anything, but I just thought it was unnecessary.

On a side note, Baby, give up the KG personality impersonation...I know he is your mentor, but that's just not you, and it just looks off.  Follow his lead as a player, but seeing BBD stick his chin out and drop F-bombs, it seems so forced.

i don't know, i've seen that all season from him, i think he genuinely gets really fired up.  i mean, you probably saw how angry he was with himslef for picking up that 4th (could have been 3rd?) foul after just getting back it.  he was really angry with himself for letting down the team in his mind.  I think a lot of it has rubbed off from KG, yes, but is it forced or fake?  i don't think that's true at all.  i love it.  even the reaction to getting fouled by DHo.  i'd rather see that than a JD Drew face for the entire game.

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2009, 03:44:43 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
Cry me a river. What does he expect, anytime anyone hits a game winner their actions for the next 30 seconds are always a bit extreme. If it bothers Lewis so much do something about it in the next game, until then keep it to yourself, he just knows he isn't good enough to take over a game and win, so he has to talk instead of play.

« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2009, 03:54:01 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
It was done in good taste...sour grapes on Lewis's part.I didn't see anyone going overboard.

« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2009, 04:03:14 PM »

Offline ToppersBsktball10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 27
  • Smooth As Silk.

That pains me.

« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2009, 04:15:45 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
so hedo can waggle his balls after beating boston....pop his jersey in philly and it is cool...as soon as it happens to orlando he cries....orlando and their fans are a bunch of wusses

« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2009, 04:19:13 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Hedo needs to stop crying.

It's funny though, some of you guys were complaining over Cleveland's celebrating.

We hush when it's us, but we fuss when it's them...

« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2009, 04:21:56 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
they all need to shut up....orlando wants to talk....yap and do the same thing...then when they lose in dramatic fashion they cry...get a life lewis...better yet why don't you sucker punch baby ala alston...