Author Topic: Lewis a little bitter after loss  (Read 13095 times)

Lewis a little bitter after loss
« on: May 11, 2009, 12:49:21 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/59102/20090511/lewis_magic_are_more_professional_than_celtics/

Lewis on the Celtics celebration last night:

"It most definitely adds fuel to the fire," Lewis said. "We don't like that type of stuff. You have to be professional about the game of basketball. We're a professional team and we expect them to be the same way.

"Those guys were jumping up and down, waving their hands at us, saying bye, but it's not over yet; it's just 2-2," Lewis added. "We could have done the same thing when we won on their court, but we're more professional than that. They still have to win ballgames. The series ain't over yet."

Re: Lewis a little bitter after loss
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 12:56:44 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 12:58:24 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
I'm sure Rashard would be jumping
up and down after a last-second W, too.

Nuff said.

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 12:59:36 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2009, 01:05:27 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
stop QQing Rashard, you'd do the same thing in that situation
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2009, 01:07:02 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
I am not saying the C's should have just walked off the floor, but taunting after the shot is a little amateurish.

celebrate the shot.  no need to taunt when the series is tied.

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2009, 01:07:31 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Wow!!!

And they call Glen Davis, Big Baby?? Seems someone else might want to borrow his nickname.

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2009, 01:10:58 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
Rashard Lewis can shut his mouth and stop complaining. If they scored like that, he would celebrate the same way. Which makes him a hypocrite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPpo0NyBeLA&feature=related

They weren't that "professional" after this? Nor were they "professional" after Lewis's buzzer-beater against the Pistons.

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2009, 01:12:06 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
anyone else think lewis said this to try to generate some sort of fire in teh rest of his team after a soul crushing loss?
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2009, 01:19:09 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
I must say that Perkins and KG's taunting to the Magic was not necessary and I think that this is what frustrated Lewis but I loved the taunting anyway (probably wouldn't if the opposing team did that but it's part of the game imo). What I enjoyed most was Baby's reaction, his teammates reactions and Doc's reaction (he went crazy!)!

The Celtics were on the verge of going back in Beantown down 3-1, Baby hits an amazing buzzer beater and Lewis expected them to smile, shake their hands and quit the court? Come on... it was a season/playoffs saving shot! If you can't celebrate it, then you'll never celebrate a victory.

Plus, this quote is just amazing : "We could have done the same thing when we won on their court, but we're more professional than that. They still have to win ballgames. The series ain't over yet."

Yeah sure you could have jumped all over the court after blowing out a 28 points lead and escaping with a 5 points win, but I'm not sure it would have been appropriate. ;D

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2009, 01:19:50 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1623
  • What a Pub Should Be
I don't really know what he's supposed to expect in that situation.

It's the NBA playoffs, you're on the road and on the verge of falling behind 3-1 in a best of seven playoff series.  Plus, add to the fact that you've been playing severely undermanned all series.  

Guy makes a jumper with no time remaining to win and make the series 2-2 and you're heading back home having regained home court advantage.

How can you not show the type of emotion that the C's showed last night?  These guys aren't robots.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2009, 01:21:52 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
anyone else think lewis said this to try to generate some sort of fire in teh rest of his team after a soul crushing loss?

That's what I thought when I read it.

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2009, 01:22:41 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I generally don't like taunting, but maybe that's the stuff that we need to get our swagger back.  A lot of opposing players were suggesting that the Celts talked to much last year and earlier this season.  After the KG injury, that's stopped a little bit.  Maybe we need that fire back, and some of that comes from our guys thumping their chests and trash talking.

Again, I prefer it not to happen, but if that's what our team needs, I'll live with it.

(Also, I've got no complaints with celebrating, etc.  Any criticism is only limited to taunting, etc.)

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2009, 01:23:16 PM »

Offline star18

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 72
I like Rashard Lewis and think he is a good guy, also Magic are good guys I have respect for them. The quote doesn't make sense, it is just something that happens after a loss. When Davis shot the ball there was 1 second left, they were down 1, the ball went through the hoop exactly as time expired.  You have to celebrate on that one.

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2009, 01:23:37 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
I don't really know what he's supposed to expect in that situation.

It's the NBA playoffs, you're on the road and on the verge of falling behind 3-1 in a best of seven playoff series.  Plus, add to the fact that you've been playing severely undermanned all series.  

Guy makes a jumper with no time remaining to win and make the series 2-2 and you're heading back home having regained home court advantage.

How can you not show the type of emotion that the C's showed last night?  These guys aren't robots.

also, he's a lair, as the magic have reacted almost exactly the same in similar situations (see posted video's)

I really think lewis is trying to light a fire under hisown team by trying to generate the hate. I think there soft, and they just watched home court slip back. I think lewis is concerned they will roll over, adn is trying to generate some meanness for his own team.

I think we crush them tommrow night.