Author Topic: 1985 Draft Fixed?  (Read 6031 times)

1985 Draft Fixed?
« on: May 10, 2009, 02:24:08 AM »

Offline Scribbles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 107
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mN3OGRGybA

I don't know what to make of this, kinda funny though.  What does everybody else think?  What gets me more than the bend is how they had the Ewing jersey already made up.  And second if they have the drum to rotate, why put each envelope in one at a time? 

Also go to the youtube page so you can read the stuff in the "more info" box to the right.  If you can pause it at :45 seconds, you can clearly see the bend in the envelope.

Re: 1985 Draft Fixed?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 02:28:47 AM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
I knew it was fixed before watching this 'truther' video.

Just like 86, 87, 88....08, and 09 as well.
God bless and good night!

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 02:43:03 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Elvis told me that Hitler fixed it. This goes deep.

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 03:02:04 AM »

Offline Tnerb02

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 18
This has been discussed on here before. Anyways, we all know it was fixed.

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 03:37:58 AM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245
Never seen this updated video with the info. Thanks for posting. I love the high tech bendable envelopes they use. It does appear that the guy drops in the other envelope, but abuses the Knicks one. lol  Now how did they pull off the 2007 lottery to punish the tanking teams, so they wouldn't get Oden, Durant, or Horford?

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2009, 10:21:24 AM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55

What gets me more than the bend is how they had the Ewing jersey already made up. 

holy cow, you are right.  I guess this means every big championship event is fixed also.  I mean, super bowl winners have shirts AND newspapers the minute the game is over.  oh wait, you mean they make those for both teams?!?!  I guess this means multiple teams could have had Ewing jersey's made up

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2009, 10:46:05 AM »

Offline QuinielaBox

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 139
Ah yes, The Legend of the Bent Envelope tale gets told again. And did you see David Stern taking a deep breath before pulling up the Knicks envelope?

But the Knicks never won a championship and the Patrick Ewing theory was born giving Bill Simmons job security for life. Some good came out of it, right Bill?
Wins are few, times are hard. Here is your bleeping St Patricks Day Card.

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2009, 10:57:10 AM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
i always thought it was ridiculous but i've come around. the nba is capable of this. absolutely.

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2009, 11:01:03 AM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
Never seen this updated video with the info. Thanks for posting. I love the high tech bendable envelopes they use. It does appear that the guy drops in the other envelope, but abuses the Knicks one. lol  Now how did they pull off the 2007 lottery to punish the tanking teams, so they wouldn't get Oden, Durant, or Horford?

Now they draw the lottery behind closed doors.  But there are 'legitimate' eye witnesses there, including an lawyer.

It's definitely not rigged anymore.  Fans would abandon the sport if it were.
God bless and good night!

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2009, 11:39:41 AM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43

Now they draw the lottery behind closed doors.  But there are 'legitimate' eye witnesses there, including an lawyer.

they should allow the fans to see the ping pong balls be pulled, I'd like to see it - also balls could hypothetically be weighted slightly irregularly to increase chances of one team getting a higher pick than another - highly unlikely but possible

if you wanna talk about fixed drafts - what about the WWE? in their draft you wrestle a match then the other team gets a random wrestler - its always like one champion goes to one side then the next pick another champion goes to the other - or a tag team will lose, then one member gets drafted away - someone needs to look into the wwe, I think it may be fixed
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2009, 12:42:51 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

I think the league doesn't even technically do the lottery anymore - the entire process, other than determining initial odds, is run by the independent auditors.  Could be wrong though.

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2009, 01:08:35 PM »

Offline ToppersBsktball10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 27
  • Smooth As Silk.

uhm who exactly wanted Horford? lol