Author Topic: imagine move up in 2nd round  (Read 12153 times)

imagine move up in 2nd round
« on: May 09, 2009, 10:37:55 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Using Draft Express and NBA draft.net, imagine the Celtics moved up and could pick any player now listed from 28th to 45th in the draft.  Who would you take and why.  Sell it.  I know you're not in the mood, but do it anyway. 
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 08:21:42 PM by Redz »

Re: imagine move up in 2cnd round
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 10:53:54 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
I'm not interested in the draft, frankly. This club doesn't need any more projects on the bench. It needs veteran NBA players capable of contributing, not dumpster dives or low draft picks.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 11:00:56 AM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
I'm not interested in our draft picks. I would imagine that whoever we pick in the 2nd round wouldn't make a big difference.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2009, 11:02:21 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
I'm not interested in the draft, frankly. This club doesn't need any more projects on the bench. It needs veteran NBA players capable of contributing, not dumpster dives or low draft picks.

I hear you, but can't we do both?  By trading our own low draft pick plus some of our current dumpster divers?  

My first choice would be Darren Collison as Rondo's future permanent backup.
My second choice would be Jonas Jerebko, the 6'9" Swedish small forward, who will play one more year in Europe and therefore not hinder our offseason financial status.  
I'm definitely thinking future and not expecting help for next year's team via 2cnd round draft pick.  

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2009, 06:49:07 PM »

Offline Actionjakson

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 25
I would love Eric Maynor from VCU. He is an experience true point guard. I could see him being like a young Stef Marbury without the attitude. He has great offensive skills and is a good athlete on defense. The various mocks ive looked at have him being taken from late first round to mid second round. If he slips to the second round i would really want to make a push for him. He could be a permenant back up for Rondo. Also, i would love Tyler Smith from Tennessee. He is a very athletic wing that i could see having James Posey skills in the next few years. Defensively, i believe that he could step in and contribute as a rookie even though his offensive skills are not quite NBA ready. He can guard the 3 and the 4 because of his size (6'7-6'8 ) and athleticism. Either prospect would look great in green
“We don't see ourselves as four All-Stars. We see ourselves as one unit. It's like five fingers on a hand. You can do more damage together as a fist than spread out flat.”
- Rasheed Wallace

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2009, 06:53:30 PM »

Offline Actionjakson

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 25
Maybe Curtis Jerrells. he is a senior point guard from Baylor. A great left scorer that could back up Rondo pretty well. I havent seen him play much, but reading about him is intriguing.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/w9anGAmF9sg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/w9anGAmF9sg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
“We don't see ourselves as four All-Stars. We see ourselves as one unit. It's like five fingers on a hand. You can do more damage together as a fist than spread out flat.”
- Rasheed Wallace

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2009, 07:26:31 PM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
I would love Eric Maynor from VCU. He is an experience true point guard. I could see him being like a young Stef Marbury without the attitude. He has great offensive skills and is a good athlete on defense. The various mocks ive looked at have him being taken from late first round to mid second round. If he slips to the second round i would really want to make a push for him. He could be a permenant back up for Rondo. Also, i would love Tyler Smith from Tennessee. He is a very athletic wing that i could see having James Posey skills in the next few years. Defensively, i believe that he could step in and contribute as a rookie even though his offensive skills are not quite NBA ready. He can guard the 3 and the 4 because of his size (6'7-6'8 ) and athleticism. Either prospect would look great in green

I like Maynor too, but it looks like he'll be a top 15 pick, and I doubt we'd have the firepower to trade up for him.  I'd like to see us pick up Demarre Carroll, a hustle guy who can play the 3/4 and has a similar demeanor to Perk.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2009, 08:15:49 PM »

Offline Toine43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 219
  • "Spare change?"
Yeah, it's not like any of Ainge's draft picks have contributed to the team at all.

Wait a minute...

Eddie House - for THREEEEEEE!

Re: imagine move up in 2nd round
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2009, 12:46:34 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
nobody that would be left in the draft by the second round gets me excited as someone who's going to make a contribution.  I think Danny has done a great job getting contributors late into the second round but anyone he gets in this draft is a project for next year and maybe two.  It's never a bad idea to have talent to develop (hence the D league) but any rookie next year is 1-2 years from even thinking about playing time. 

Having said that, I would not be surprised to see Danny swing a trade with a financially-troubled team for their 1st-rounder.  TA and Scal have 1 year left and a 1st rounder is looking at a 3-year deal.  Anyone late in the 1st round this year will be lucky to have a journeyman career so that team isn't missing much and Danny can unload someone that he can improve upon---particularly TA with his chronic injuries and off-court hassles.   This is if Danny doesn't make a 2-1 or 3-1 trade in the offseason to improve the bench which is what I think is far more likely.

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2009, 01:15:22 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
WESLEY MATTHEWS!

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2009, 01:10:59 AM »

Offline Tradetime

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 115
I'd love to have Darren Collison on this team next season. Portland has 5 picks in this draft; I would petition them for one and make it Collison.

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2009, 02:09:33 AM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1674
I agree with Tyler Smith.  College experience playing the three and the four, pass-first playstyle.  Oozes heart, leaves everything on the court every night.  His offense needs work, but if he gets his by crashing the boards every night then I don't think he'd be any worse than Mbah a Moute (that's not an insult to LRMAM, that's a compliment to Smith).  Bill Walker would remain our project 3, but I think this guy could come in and log productive minutes right away - he doesn't have the upside that Walker has in my opinion, but I think he's more NBA ready at this point. 

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2009, 09:36:40 PM »

Offline Ohio Celtics Fan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 18
  • GM - NYK
I agree with Tyler Smith.  College experience playing the three and the four, pass-first playstyle.  Oozes heart, leaves everything on the court every night.  His offense needs work, but if he gets his by crashing the boards every night then I don't think he'd be any worse than Mbah a Moute (that's not an insult to LRMAM, that's a compliment to Smith).  Bill Walker would remain our project 3, but I think this guy could come in and log productive minutes right away - he doesn't have the upside that Walker has in my opinion, but I think he's more NBA ready at this point. 

I absolutely couldn't have said it better. Tyler Smith would be a perfect addition for this team and could give us the much needed production behind Pierce at the 3 spot.
CB Draft - New York Knicks
PG: George Hill / Nate Robinson
SG: Dwyane Wade / Gerald Henderson / Christian Eyenga
SF:  Grant Hill / Paul George / Earl Clark
PF:  Kenyon Martin / Jordan Hill / (Earl Clark)
C:   Greg Oden / Kurt Thomas / Hilton Armstong

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2009, 09:37:45 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
No projects.  If the Celts use a draft pick, I hope it's on an overseas player who has no designs on playing in America next year.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2009, 10:15:39 PM »

Offline bballdog384

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 65
  • Rondolope
If we stay where we are, we could grab Paul Harris. He's a polished wing defender with a high basketball IQ. Somewhat like a less stupid TA.
"You can't play like a robot" -Coach Stevens