Author Topic: Cleveland vs Atlanta  (Read 39800 times)

Re: Cleveland vs Atlanta
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2009, 08:58:31 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
Cleveland looks very much like LA did last year coming into the post season playing unbelievably great and then running through competition. Of course, LA didn't win it all. When they met a team that would hit back, they faltered.

That's not going to happen in this round as I say Cleveland in 4 or 5, but Cleveland will get a wake up when they face Boston and/or LA.

That's my fondest hope.... perhaps the Celtics ridiculous heart will carry them through the ECFS (if we make it there).
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2009, 09:10:32 PM »

Offline endverse

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 2
On the "Who is going to get more FTs this series the Hawks or Lebron" question tonight:

LeBron 9
Hawks 18

Of course take Josh Smith out of the equation and its

LeBron 9
Rest of Hawks 8
Funnily enough, the list of most FTA's in the Playoffs thus far is lead by James, Howard and Wade, in that order.

« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2009, 09:12:56 PM »

Offline Dissent

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 8
Mother of God, Lebron own's the end of the quarter.

« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2009, 09:17:56 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
On the "Who is going to get more FTs this series the Hawks or Lebron" question tonight:

LeBron 9
Hawks 18

Of course take Josh Smith out of the equation and its

LeBron 9
Rest of Hawks 8

I watched the whole first half and saw at least three plays where LeBron could have been called for a foul. He got none. So I shut it off and came to the computer. He ended up with none in 34 minutes. Heck, even the greatest defenders this game has ever seen made at least one foul in 34 minutes. The way he gets preferential treatment is a bigger embarrassment than the Tim Donoughy scandal was.
It looks like some of the same nocalls on LBJ tonite...that was clearly a charge when he plowed Josh Smith over in the first quarter,but as usual the officials called it on the defense.

« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2009, 09:18:43 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
We have video from LeBron alleged non-calls now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY2mWPClXgo

People who sustain refs aren't calling fouls on him, can try to point out which plays were those.

« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2009, 09:19:30 PM »

Offline jackson_34

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 166
if the Cavs get to the finals i might get a Delonte jersey, i love em.

Save it until when he is back with the C's  ;)

« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2009, 09:21:17 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
Personally, I see a single play (4th quarter) where the refs could have called a foul on him. I'm not entirely sure that was a foul though. But I see no evidence whatsoever LeBron was protected in game 1. In game 2, perhaps a play with Bibby, but I'd need to see a replay from a better angle.

Still, not a lot of evidence to support the claims he's being over-protected.

« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2009, 09:30:48 PM »

Offline Dissent

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 8
The games aren't even close and you guys are complaining about things that could be fouls?

The Cavs may be playing crappy teams but they are putting on a clinic, I don't get the hate.

« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2009, 09:41:21 PM »

Offline bruinsandceltics

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 130
  • ANYTHING is posssiiibbbbllee
if the Cavs get to the finals i might get a Delonte jersey, i love em.

You might aswell get a membership on the blog too. Celtics fans don't get Cavs, Lakers, Pistons, etc. Jersey's.

I love West too. But I would NEVER think of getting a Cavs jersey.

« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2009, 09:42:50 PM »

Offline star18

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 72
We aren't talking about who is winning the games, we are talking about the calls the refs are making on Lebron. The calls are complete nonsense, it is blatant cheating.  Look at Lebron's foul calls this year.  First 20 games:39. Next 20 games:38. Next 20 games:37. Last 20 games:22.  Player's stats don't change drastically like that. Especially when all their other numbers PPG Assits Rebounds Etc. stay the same.  It is blatant cheating.  It is impossible to only get 22 fouls in 20 games the way Lebron plays. And honestly for a players numbers to change drastically like that is basically mathmatically impossible. It is clear cut cheating.

« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2009, 09:46:46 PM »

Offline star18

• Jaylen Brown
Did you just see two plays in the 3rd Qtr? Lebron drives into the lane and jumps into Josh Smith who is falling out of the play and looks like he is taking himself out of the play. Lebron misses but they call a foul on Josh Smith. There is no foul. Then Josh Smith got wacked in the back of the head by Lebron, no call. They then called a technical on Josh Smith. That is cheating. Also in the 1st Qtr Lebron plows into Josh Smith and they call a foul on Josh. And Lebron actually did get called for a foul in the 2nd Qtr and he runs around half the court in shock that there was a foul call. Hey Lebron, you got called for 27 fouls in your last 26 games and when they call a foul on you why do you completely overract. This is blatant cheating. In Game 1 against the Hawks Lebron could have been called for 5 fouls, he could have even fouled out of the game and he had 0 fouls all game.  It is total nonsense.  100% cheating.

« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2009, 09:47:38 PM »

Offline Scribbles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 107
We aren't talking about who is winning the games, we are talking about the calls the refs are making on Lebron. The calls are complete nonsense, it is blatant cheating.  Look at Lebron's foul calls this year.  First 20 games:39. Next 20 games:38. Next 20 games:37. Last 20 games:22.  Player's stats don't change drastically like that. Especially when all their other numbers PPG Assits Rebounds Etc. stay the same.  It is blatant cheating.  It is impossible to only get 22 fouls in 20 games the way Lebron plays. And honestly for a players numbers to change drastically like that is basically mathmatically impossible. It is clear cut cheating.

Exactly, it isn't that, the calls are effecting the game...well in a way they are, but the point is LeBron can get away with a ton out there that other players can't and its a bunch of crap.  The NBA since Jordan was in his prime has always let the so called "superstar" get away with more than some of the other players, but the way they officiate a game with LeBron is just sickening and on a whole different level.  

« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2009, 09:49:20 PM »

Offline star18

• Jaylen Brown
It is also 100% the opposite of the way they call foul calls on KG. KG gets a foul call on every single play where it looks possible there was a foul. It is ridiculous. Why cheat for one player? If Lebron is so much better than everyone else then why does he get favored on these ridiculous plays. Or is he just better because he gets the calls?

« Reply #58 on: May 07, 2009, 09:51:40 PM »

Offline star18

• Jaylen Brown
"but the way they officiate a game with LeBron is just sickening and on a whole different level".  I agree it is 100% cheating, and it changes how the players play because they know they are going to get the calls against them. Just before Lebron wacked Josh Smith in the head, how is that not a foul? Should be a flagrant, and he should have gotten a flagrant in Game 1 for knocking Josh in the head in the 3rd Qtr.

« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2009, 09:53:06 PM »

Offline bruinsandceltics

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 130
  • ANYTHING is posssiiibbbbllee
The Hawks are garbage. How did it take us 7 games to beat these guys last year.